It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Umbrella Gate...Marines asked to violate dress code protocol so President doesn't get wet

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   
So Marines holding umbrellas is an issue?

But the Guantanamo hunger strike doesn't rate a mention?

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by squarehead666

Well that was used for corporate advertising and product placement.

Ensure!! Get all your needed nourishment! Even the Military uses it!

e dit on 17-5-2013 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
non issue

What? and you get so many stars, this is unbelievable.

There were/are countless other people who can hold an umbrella. A woman on secretary duties, the guy who copies papers, Obama's PA, his wife, one of many bodyguards, a *snip* paparazzo or maybe HIMSELF.....but it certainly should not have been a Marine. Period. You have to show respect for certain people and certain carriers.

Shame on you people and i'm not even American.

edit on 17-5-2013 by Exitt because: ..

Please do not circumvent the language censors. thx.
edit on 5/17/2013 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Regulations prohibit Marines from using umbrellas while in uniform. One reason: it makes it hard to salute.

I can see how earth shattering that can be. Court marshal that soldier, impeach the president and get on with a sweeping witch hunt for everyone who had a part in this.

This should keep people from wondering why Congress has become useless and demanding a house cleaning.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Exitt

Originally posted by Exitt
There were/are countless other people who can hold an umbrella.

But those marines are there SPECIFICALLY to serve the president with whatever he needs at the time. They were doing their job.

See this post

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I don't know anything about military dress code, etc., but to me, this picture says volumes about the vanity and fragility of this current president.

In other words, it makes him look like a total wuss, and it shows that he has no compunction about allowing a Marine to get wet while he remains dry, as if he were emperor, and to hell with the underlings.

The Leader of The Free World is has now proven himself to be a wimp, as well as a liar and corporate / Wall Street sock puppet.

Spare me your "haters gotta hate" meme that is nothing more than street babble with no thought behind it, as all it does is show your own mental limitations when faced with the ugly truth.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Are these Marines the same ones the President did not trust enough to hold a working firearm during the inaguration parade? If memory serves they all had to either render their rifles useless by pouring molten lea down the barels or remove the bolts. Show just how much repsect Obama has for our armed services.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by watcher3339

This is just embarrassing for the entire country, what a spoiled pu***fied joke of a fraudulent leader this character has turned out to be

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I agree its a non issue, the POTUS is the CiC, so if he tells a Marine to hold an umbrella, the Marine holds it, end of discussion

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

Originally posted by FissionSurplus
I don't know anything about military dress code, etc., but to me, this picture says volumes about the vanity and fragility of this current president.

Is that also true for Bush Sr. and Bush Jr., who have also had marines hold umbrellas for them?

Pictures
edit on 5/17/2013 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

...and President Ford. ...and probably most every other President, as well.

Much too do about nothing at all.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Benghazie isnt picking up steam like the GOP wanted so now we move on to.....umbrellagate! Really GOP?

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
reply to post by FissionSurplus

Originally posted by FissionSurplus

Is that also true for Bush Sr. and Bush Jr., who have also had marines hold umbrellas for them?

Pictures
edit on 5/17/2013 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

Not to nit pick but those aren't US Marines in those pictures. Those are US Army. Just sayin'...

But glad you found those pictures. I doubt they will help this non issue much though.
edit on 17-5-2013 by Terminal1 because: Clarity

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Terminal1

I didn't find it. They're from this post on page two.
Thanks for the correction. There's a lot of important information in this thread that people who don't read it all are missing. Like these Marines were doing their job.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
They should have gotten Diddy's umbrelly guy, what's his name? Fontleroy Benjamins? Some fake name like that. It would've been funny. But yeah, this is a non-issue, if he wanted to show the people that he was a president of the people and a servant of the people (the true role of the office), he would've held the umbrella over the Marine's head, a move Pope Francis would've done but not Obama.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by squarehead666

But the Guantanamo hunger strike doesn't rate a mention?

Morons not eating in protest deserve no respect, nor sympathy.

I just finished a sandwich for them. It was great.

But....

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Yeah, that Military member is not a Marine.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
reply to post by Terminal1

I didn't find it. They're from this post on page two.
Thanks for the correction. There's a lot of important information in this thread that people who don't read it all are missing. Like these Marines were doing their job.

I don't know how I missed them on Pg. 2. Must be the sun frazzling my brainbox juices.

Your point still stands though IMHO... Marine or Army. Wish they were clearer though so I can tell the MOS. I can only tell they are not wearing blue cords so they aren't 11 Bang Bang.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
This is horrible. What kind of person is Obama? That does it. I am no longer part of this group of liberal scum. If I had known this was going to happen, I would have voted Romney instead. Gosh, I can't believe he did this. I am soooooo mad, I could puke. In fact, I will.

(Pukes in anger)

Umbrella gate will go down in history. This is twice, no, ten times as bad as water gate. I hate Obama for this. Grrrrr.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar
This is horrible. What kind of person is Obama? That does it. I am no longer part of this group of liberal scum. If I had known this was going to happen, I would have voted Romney instead. Gosh, I can't believe he did this. I am soooooo mad, I could puke. In fact, I will.

(Pukes in anger)

Umbrella gate will go down in history. This is twice, no, ten times as bad as water gate. I hate Obama for this. Grrrrr.

errr... ummm...

BURN YOUR CARD!!!

Then we will know you are REALLY serious!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join