It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Govt obtains wide AP phone records in probe

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel
For some reason I feel the AP might not have been a good target. I see why the government wanted to act although I don't see it as something the government could or should do.

I hope the AP ramps up real reporting in a pay back mode over this incident.

The AP is....and has always been in the Left's pocket.

This phone tap baloney is merely to scare the hell out of the mainstream media that they'd better not think about turning on Obama.

If you were a Washington DC news reporter, would you email a contemporary in the business and share your private thoughts on what's going on with this Administration?

.....thanks for playing.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by DCPatriot
If you're still on that meme that Obama is George Bush II, then you're nothing but a low-information troll.

If you're still on that meme that Obama really is 'hope and change' ... then I pity you.
(is that what you were getting at??) Obama and Bush43. Same/same.

edit on 5/14/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

I've had my screen name since 1998....when the word "patriot" stood for something.

Now....it's a yellow star on my chest.

Obama can go to hell. The sooner the better.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

The wheels won't come off. The people in the best position to call out the administrations crap are fixated on a tragedy that while sad, wasn't outside the norm. While the entire Right screams and cries about Benghazi, the real ground they have to stand on gets buried under tissues. Seems to me the elected Right would rather put their hopes on manufactured outrage rather than call attention to anything real, maybe because these are things they hope to use in the future.

The Left has done far more to call attention to the BS of the Obama administration. Drooling over birth certificates, Fast and Furious and Benghazi has gotten you no where because to quote the Prez, "There's no there, there". There's plenty else, all it requires is focus and critical thinking.
edit on 14-5-2013 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
reply to post by Alxandro

snip...

The Left has done far more to call attaention to the BS of the Obama administration. Drooling over birth certificates, Fast and Furious and Benghazi has gotten you no where because to quote the Prez, "There's no there, there". There's plenty else, all it requires is focus and critical thinking.
edit on 14-5-2013 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

Please expound and cite a couple of examples of where "the Left has done far more to call attention....."

I'll wait.....[[[whistles]]]

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   
I think that all these scandals, which would normally bring down just about anybody else, are a smoke screen to pull the wool over our eyes in regads to the Health Care Act which he recently signed.

All these scandals will eventually blow over, a few sheep will be sacrificed.

But the taxes attached to ObamaCare will be with us for a long time and will be far more damaging in the long run.

As we all struggle to pay these new taxes, Obama will have accomplished his mission of fundamentaly changing America.

Maybe it's time to invest in the medical community for a short period.
They'll be getting their money after all and should be showing a short period of growth...until it all collapses.

edit on 14-5-2013 by TDawgRex because: Spelling

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by thesungod

And this jackass POTUS was just at Ohio State University last week telling people to "reject" the voices of people warning about the tyranny of government.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   
And this is why folks get the can over things like Fast and Furios! What did you expect after the way he acted before congress. This man is above the law, and so is O' gungrabbero!
edit on 14-5-2013 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
For someone who claimed to brin transpercy to government, Obama is setting new levels of intimidation and secrecy to the office.

Which speaks to rule #432 of being a politician: whenever a politician speaks often and passionately in regards to one particular topic, ignore the lying bastage.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Is the government really that stupid to think that reporters who obtain information from classified sources wouldn't use a prepaid phone or some other method of communications rather than as easily bugged office phone? Oh wait, I forgot, they are that stupid. It's really amazing what Holder and the DOJ thinks they can get away with, but I guess when no one is held accountable, this is what happens.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by thesungod

The Justice Department secretly obtained two months of telephone records of reporters and editors for The Associated Press in what the news cooperative's top executive called a "massive and unprecedented intrusion" into how news organizations gather the news.

But why? That's what I want to know.

Was the media jeopardizing security missions by the CIA?

If they were doing something akin to that then the gov't has a right to that information.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by GenerationGap

A Modern Way of Describing Fabian Society Philosophy:
Sometimes you gotta knock the system down to reboot it the way you see fit.
www.awakeandarise.org...

They don't care that they are the source of the disorder within the society, just as long as they are the ones who are in power when it happens. Which I sadly assure everyone, they will be.

That depends entirely on just how "well-regulated" we can get. There are a lot more of US than there are THEM. Unfortunately, I think too many of US are falling for the diversionary and divisive tactics, preventing effective organization, while at the same time THEY are just putting on a show of divisions, But in reality working in concert. There is no substantive difference between the R politicians and the D politicians, but the divisions presented are doing yeoman's work to keep the plebs at one another's throats, while the politicians laugh... and laugh... and laugh...

edit on 2013/5/14 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by links234
The AP releases classified information and the government begins to monitor the AP to find out who, in the government, is leaking classified information.

I think it's less of a issue of 'rights' and more of an issue of national security. I get what you're all saying about the 'free' press and whatnot. I have to wonder though, what you all would suggest this nation keep classified.

Do we work to protect classifed information or do we work to keep the right of the press to report on whatever it deems necessary, classified or not?

"Classified information" my ass.

AP ran a story on a foiled terror plot, and the govt got all butt-hurt about it. We are fed a daily diet of how scared we are supposed to be, yet when a bomb is actually discovered, they want to classify that? Something on the order of 4,000 items PER DAY are classified as a matter of routine, not because of their national security implications. That is the very antithesis of "transparency" and "openness" that the current administration promised and ran (and was elected) on.

Myself, I'll stand by the First Amendment, and the press's right to report on what they damned well please. There is no such amendment guaranteeing the government a right to secrecy. The very reason for the First Amendment is so that the press can inform us, to keep us from bumping into the devil in the dark. It appears that the government much prefers to provide the cover of darkness FOR the devil.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   
TV news said that Obama's response to this was ... "this goes against the traditions of this country'.

Talk about downplaying .. trying to make it look like they just stepped on a few 'traditions'
instead of what it really is .. breaking the law and using Chicago political style tactics.

'traditions'.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
I was listening to them talk about this on one of the news channels and I think this goes to the top. And not Obama himself. I think this was a NSA investigation. I am not sure how much Thomas E Donilon would have told Obama. But I think it was out of the loop of the President and more on National Security.

The reporters were involved in telling on a CIA informant who drove a bomb from Yemen to another country to give to the CIA. This CIA informant was in with the Yemen terrorist groups under cover. These reporters blew his cover. Eric Holder was Actually questioned about the case on who he talked to and what he told and to whom. He would not be the one in charge if he was questioning himself. It was above him.
edit on 13-5-2013 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

The CIA informant blew his own cover. The instant the bomb didn't get to it's intended destination, and got into CIA hands instead, he was burned. After that, it didn't matter what the press reported on from a national security standpoint.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by thesungod

And this jackass POTUS was just at Ohio State University last week telling people to "reject" the voices of people warning about the tyranny of government.

edit on 5/14/2013 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Bye Bye OB

Benghazi
IRS
Snooping

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

www.foxnews.com...

en.wikipedia.org...(village),_New_York

en.wikipedia.org...

I wonder if there is a connection here. Your avatar looks reminds of the guy who went postal in Herkimer.

Possibly there is more to this story than meets the eye.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Instead of grabbing a bunch of taps, couldn't they just have said:

Fed: "We are tapping one of you cause we think we have a mole."

AP: "Oh snap, Who?"

Fed: "We don't want to compromise the investigation. So we aren't telling who."

AP: "You'll tell us when you get them right?"

Fed: "Of course and ya'll can even break the story!"

AP: "SWEET! New AP headline: WE HELPED THE FED FIND A MOLE! EXCLUSIVE REPORT."

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Miracula

I wonder if there is a connection here. Your avatar looks reminds of the guy who went postal in Herkimer.

None that I can see. The links appear to be a series of disjointed and unconnected research projects.

The avatar is a CGI character - not quite sure what you're trying to get at there, either.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

Originally posted by Miracula

None that I can see. The links appear to be a series of disjointed and unconnected research projects.

The avatar is a CGI character - not quite sure what you're trying to get at there, either.

Curious your CGI character looks like a guy I suspect lost it because of the pink teddy bear. And you post right next to me. It gives me the suspicion that this is an act of Higher Power chastisement using the gov't forces to warn AP members who are doing the pink teddy bear thing.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join