It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I wouldn't know whether to be embarrassed or scared to live in this country........

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Did it start this way in Nazi Germany as well?

So.........these border patrol agents are looking for illegal aliens or terrorists? And yet someone like Jon Corzine, who blatantly steals over a billion dollars from segregated client accounts walks free? Judges can sell innocent people to private US jails? Global pharmaceutical and food companies can poison us with impunity? Who/what/where is the real and ultimate threat to the citizens of the US?

Not to mention the fact this pisses on the Constitution.

No slight intended to the American friends on here who get it...........it looks like we are headed closer to "1984" every day.

edit on 13-5-2013 by PlanetXisHERE because: spelling

edit on 13-5-2013 by PlanetXisHERE because: oops

edit on 13-5-2013 by PlanetXisHERE because: addition

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by PlanetXisHERE

I'd say it's about "1983" right now.

SnF

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   
But how will we remain safe if everyone has freedom and liberty allowed to them by the constitution?

The above is basically a paraphrased response I have gotten in the past from people when questioning the rise of totalitarian state we seem to be heading.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   

I think your thread title OP, is thought provoking and extremely pertinent. If i were you , and was asked that question, Id probably say the latter,embarresment is harmless, its egged on by the ego, However to be scared to live in your own country, opens a worrying can of worms.
Dont think i need to say why.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Tyranny leads to revolution. I don't see revolution yet, it might take a few decades more. I'm gonna miss it, unless an extraordinary apocalyptic event speed up things. Then revolution will be pointless.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   

I am curious what would happen if everyone refused to show ID when asked for no apparent reason without any legit reason given, and did not allow searches and such. They would do what? I also wonder if the guys license was recorded by the cam so they can have local police in his own area follow and harass him.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   

what a kind fellow, "out of touch" LOL
it's obvious this stormtroopers claim of "... the constitution" is so much BS
makes one wonder what other lies DHS [and the LEOs in the Dorner and Boston cases] are peddling
hmmmm....

S&F

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee

I am curious what would happen if everyone refused to show ID when asked for no apparent reason without any legit reason given, and did not allow searches and such. They would do what? I also wonder if the guys license was recorded by the cam so they can have local police in his own area follow and harass him.

SOP, provocative/intimidatory behavior in hopes of getting a response
as when cops get into your personal space and fleck spittle in your face while barking a you

it's known as "establishing self-defense"

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMagus

Go "Spock" on them show no emotion what so ever ,they totally flip out and start to yell while you respond in a calm prepared manor,it's alot of fun

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavtrooper7
reply to post by TheMagus

Go "Spock" on them show no emotion what so ever ,they totally flip out and start to yell while you respond in a calm prepared manor,it's alot of fun

ROFL! or if it's just one guy i could "spock out"
and apply a Vulcan Nerve Pinch

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   

You guys realize organized crime rules in this country right?

Non of you are telling the truth and most of you don't know what your talking about. This country is corrupt top to bottom. Only the stupid ones get caught.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion

You guys realize organized crime rules in this country right?

Non of you are telling the truth and most of you don't know what your talking about. This country is corrupt top to bottom. Only the stupid ones get caught.

Like she says.

The wiseguys know that the laws are for suckers.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
In answer to your OP thread title. Can't we be both? I personally am myself. I'm already fed up with the state I live in and have been looking for a new one to move to (as soon as I can get some money saved up), unfortunately that leaves the small problem that I still have to deal with the federal government... So I start thinking about other countries to escape the corruption, but it rules everywhere. In the end, good guys will forever finish last, while the sociopaths just stomp all over us.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Krazysh0t
I'm already fed up... So I start thinking about other countries to escape the corruption, but it rules everywhere.

That's where I was back in the early 2000's. I bailed though. Everywhere has corruption. It's like crime in general, it is everywhere and there is no place without it. But there is corruption, and there is corruption. Mexico has its share, true. Being able to settle your traffic violation on the spot is more of a convenience, the way I look at it. One might be very surprised just how much personal freedom one has in other countries if they have only lived in the US.

It's funny. When an American looks at me all serious and with such a straight face then tells me about how corrupt Mexico is I break out in hysterical laughter. Pot, meet kettle.

I have not set foot in the US since 2007 and I dread the possibility of ever having to go back. I do not feel at ease there.

edit on 13-5-2013 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Thanks for a lot of great responses guys!

I know some similar videos have been on here and other sites before, but with those ones the citizens were maybe caught somewhat unprepared by the random checkpoints, but this guy knew it was there and knew exactly what to say - "Am I being detained?"

Originally posted by thedoctorswife

I think your thread title OP, is thought provoking and extremely pertinent. If i were you , and was asked that question, Id probably say the latter,embarresment is harmless, its egged on by the ego, However to be scared to live in your own country, opens a worrying can of worms.
Dont think i need to say why.

Yes, I'd rather be embarrassed than scared as well, and you're right, being embarrassed is more from the ego, being scared is more about self-preservation.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trueman

Tyranny leads to revolution. I don't see revolution yet, it might take a few decades more. I'm gonna miss it, unless an extraordinary apocalyptic event speed up things. Then revolution will be pointless.

I agree. The masses are still asleep, and won't do anything until there is real severe pain, like you said appears to be decades away.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Yes, when I see those types of replies the ole "those who give up their liberty for the sake of security deserve neither" refrain keeps playing in my mind.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   

This was definitly a planned op. Totally scripted.

He did have some good points though.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erongaricuaro

Originally posted by Krazysh0t
I'm already fed up... So I start thinking about other countries to escape the corruption, but it rules everywhere.

That's where I was back in the early 2000's. I bailed though. Everywhere has corruption. It's like crime in general, it is everywhere and there is no place without it. But there is corruption, and there is corruption. Mexico has its share, true. Being able to settle your traffic violation on the spot is more of a convenience, the way I look at it. One might be very surprised just how much personal freedom one has in other countries if they have only lived in the US.

It's funny. When an American looks at me all serious and with such a straight face then tells me about how corrupt Mexico is I break out in hysterical laughter. Pot, meet kettle.

I have not set foot in the US since 2007 and I dread the possibility of ever having to go back. I do not feel at ease there.

edit on 13-5-2013 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

That is a good point, maybe I'll reconsider. The US looks worse and worse every day I live here. Then when elections come and a new puppet is installed I get so tired of seeing all this hype and hope that things will change when everyone knows it won't.

new topics

top topics

join