It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

These Eyes

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Okay, but while you're busy arguing against the posterchild of christianity that you've made up in your head, you're missing what other people are actually saying to you.
Sure, most Christians do not understand God.
That doesn't mean God doesn't exist.

Most people who sing the praises of the most recent scientific theories probably don't truly understand them either. Does that mean science isn't real?

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by eleven44

Okay, but while you're busy arguing against the posterchild of christianity that you've made up in your head, you're missing what other people are actually saying to you.

To begin with, the "posterchild of Christianity", as you call it, is an amalgamation of every impression I have ever been given by self-professed Christians and Judaics. Don't blame me, blame your brothers. I would argue that if any god exists, no one would understand such a being because no matter what aspect you choose in all of the aspects available for human observation, not a single human being on earth is so completely knowledgeable as to fully comprehend the paragon embodiment of such an aspect.

In other words, if a god does exist, not a single one of us would know anything about it because the sheer volume of such a comprehension eludes the paltry capacity our biology provides for us.

But let me guess: you would claim to understand what so many others have failed to grasp in just as much time and devoted energy spent studying and contemplating and trusting in the exact same materials in yourself, searching for the exact same answers as yourself, yet they have fallen short where you have not. Is this what you would tell me? Or are you just as ignorant as the "most Christians" you describe above?

Most people who sing the praises of the most recent scientific theories probably don't truly understand them either. Does that mean science isn't real?

You can open up a book, use the bibliography to isolate every material used to compile the data in the book, have an interview with the authors, track down the scientists and analysts who provided those authors with data, review their records and notes with them, listen in person as they explain their findings in painstakingly meticulous detail, and eventually be left without a single doubt that their work was done to the absolute best of human capacity using methods that leave a highly narrow margin of error and eliminate the majority of bias.

In other words, science can be verified even in the face of exaggerated hearsay and idiot spectators. Repeatedly, users have attempted to subtly discredit science and its representatives and methods in their discussions with me, and yet all have failed to disprove the track record and reliability of science in contrast with the chosen methods of religion - which, I might add, expresses not an ounce of shame in admitting that they frequently place faith over fact, something that science has avoided with a vengeance...with obvious results.

I think the below image says all that need be said:

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by charles1952

Your reason for loving is to benefit others and to create a better world for others to live in? Me, too. So do all God's chillun.

I'm not convinced, for various reasons. Namely, many of "God's chillun" do not seem to be in it for others. Since part of saving yourself is saving others, how many would be so bent on spreading the word if the doctrine of Christianity were solely individualized? You do your thing, others do theirs. Helping them has no bearing on how you are received in the afterlife. How would that affect the Christian movement?

Anyone can say, "Oh, it wouldn't." But actions have always spoken louder than words, and I feel that the actions of the mass Christian movement belie such sentiments. There's other aspects as well, but I won't address those as they would distract from the point being made here.

Christianity would evolve over time into Islam or gnosticism if that were the case. or it would die out...
edit on 083131p://666 by backcase because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by eleven44

Science is the boomerang to aswage the God Particle thoughtform. Of course NO ONE SAW THIS COMING!! I have the distinct feeling that AftertheInfinite is not making anything more up in its head than you are. So, what does this become "A BATTLE OF THE BRAINS (without vocal chords/tongue and lips". Most Christians, Non-Christians, Atheists,Agnostics do not understand God because IT has not taken the trouble to reveal ITself to THEM/US, we are not important enough; to dis/in/clothes naked ITself to its chillun; its the parent right? Rewind, I am on the Ferris Wheel rotating backwards "WE the HUMAN actually created the Ideaform of God through speculation" not the other way around. If this continues the human may one day (with rightous appeal) proclaim itself God and the Nefilim, Annunaki as our geneticists (They are the helper/yelper yard gnomes you never see but are always in someones yard WATCHING) WILL COME FORWARD for curtain call bows.
edit on 11-5-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by vethumanbeing

aside from the theory in your post, I liked it.

But I would like to add that before God unveils Himself to us,

we must appear before Him naked, meaning disarmed of our ego and pride, biases and beliefs and defense mechanisms. completely open to God and to ourselves in our most natural form.

edit on 083131p://666 by backcase because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Originally posted by backcase
reply to post by vethumanbeing

backcase
aside from the theory in your post, I liked it.
But I would like to add that before God unveils Himself to us,
we must appear before Him naked, meaning disarmed of our ego and pride, biases and beliefs and defense mechanisms. completely open to God and to ourselves in our most natural form.

Forget any theory in seriousness I am just having great fun (cant help it though). Yes you understand we must also be naked of ego, pride all of it. He must as well because God subplanted us with Its own being, so a line is drawn in sand, both are stubborn and are the same Being. What will you say to that, I reject the "I am a child of God" I embrace the FACT that "I am God as Its physical expression". Hey wait a minute, WHATS WRONG WITH MY THEORY?
edit on 11-5-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Every argument about god is moot. god does NOT exist. Period.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by LobeDethFaurt
Every argument about god is moot. god does NOT exist. Period.

Until IT proclaims ITself. Not likely forthcoming anytime soon. You are giving up on the great announcement?
edit on 12-5-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by backcase

Poor men, women, and children look to God in their misery,
show love to God by loving them.

In my opinion, such gestures are more sincere if you're not aiding them to score brownie points. Which is exactly how you make it sound. "If you love God, you should..."

No. Love your neighbor no matter what. Forgiven them their trespasses and hope that they forgive yours. If God is always used as a condition, then your gesture is pointless because your actions become less kindness and more bargain. "I will do this so that he looks upon me more favorably". That's not compassion, that's politics.

If that's not the absolute truth....I give you fifteen stars, forty two points, and a partridge in a pear tree
still a good OP though

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 02:56 AM
link   
I must say, I am really impressed by all the loving and compassionate posters on this forum. It really drives home to me how sorely lacking I am in this department.

It would be hypocritical for me to expect others to practice selfless compassion, as I can barely manage to show love and caring even when I stand to benefit from it.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by mysticnoon

In my defense, I play the Devil's Advocate quite a lot. It helps to clarify exactly why I hold the opinions I do. White is defined just as much by black as it is defined by itself. In fact, everything is defined just as much by what it is not as by what it is.
edit on 12-5-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Yes, I understand your approach, and I probably utilize it myself to some extent.

Still, I do continue to marvel at the high density of charitable and compassionate humans congregated in this one tiny spot of the internet....

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by backcase

I mean the use of our senses for the betterment of spirits.
You mean like here?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by piequal3because14

I meant more like human spirits/souls.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   

By no means do I claim to know 'everything' about God.
I never have, I never will. (At least while in this body.)
It would actually be counterproductive to assume that you did know 'everything' about. For those who humble themselves will be exalted, and those who exalt themselves will be humbled.

But He does reveal Himself to me every day. The more I listen, the more I hear.
Sure, I don't claim to have 100% proof. That's where faith comes in.
(I think it's funny people think faith is a sign of weakness. Trust me. It's not.)

And, I'm not 'Christian.' But I believe in the word of Christ.

I'm not here to prove myself or my knowledge to anyone. Although, I attempt daily to 'show' it to people. You would understand if you could sit down and talk to me. Obviously that won't happen. Thus, I'm not too worried about it.

You can bring a horse to water, but you can't make him drink.
Similarly, you can bring a person to God, but you can't make him believe.

I hope you have a great day.
edit on 14-5-2013 by eleven44 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join