It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The bible does not exist.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   
You can show me no proof of the existence of a bible, or a word of God as matter of fact. Therefore I do exist. I am the word, I am the bible. Do not believe the bible. I am all you ever wanted. Be deceived. It will make you Godlike. It is more precious than life for I am life. I'm all you've ever known. I do not keep you aware of the punishment you will receive. Do not worry about it. My might will delude you. You won't have to fear anything for I will take care. Your illusion of comfort will be so painfull, but I don't want you to mind. You must see the truth I show you. It is the truth. Do you see?

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Angle

Should this be posted in the General Conspiracies Forum?

After reading that I can only imagine that you are going to have a particularly hard time getting a billion or so Christians to believe that Gobbledygook.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by cass1dy09

thx for the link.

See, these threads can have content.

I didn't want to offend anyone. I only made this seemingly foolish impression of the devil just to make people aware. I figured it could've been done better. I don't know how to feel about the devil. I see, some might see it as a mighty figure, but I think that's just illusion. He can be overcome by a human.. so. We can resist him.

What the eyes of the snake mean in the picture, is the illusions the devil makes himself, the pride he takes in what he does which resembles his delusion.

The eyes should make one aware, and not 'hypnotise' a person.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I hate to say this, because it's an indication of how nutty I've become, but I actually understand your post and agree that it is a very accurate description, well done!

If I'm not mistaken, it is the Devil saying the words in your OP.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Lol, so figuring lazarus short wasn't replying to me, but to the devil then, he asked if he trolls here often. In a way, that is funny.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   
I think, in a way, Satan is like a whore. I don't mean whores are Satan, but, maybe I should mean parasite, but hell, he's so many things. It's about time. It's about time, well the book says he will need to be put in the fire, he must have been a really bad angel.
edit on 7-5-2013 by Angle because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   
To believe one will be punished for living life is an absurd statement,
before anyone even buys into religion they are first convinced there
is something wrong with them, that they were born into "sin", not only
this but it condones allowing people to do horrid things and ignore
the responsibility for said actions, if god or any deity can forgive you
for something then the meaning behind actions is completely lost,
for actions to have meaning the consequences must also have
meaning in this existence, not after it ends, to allow that type of
thing to be normal is dangerous.

Also if i were satan, i would have written the bible myself, what
better way to confuse and ensure that no one, no matter how
devout could ever be saved than to make the book, that is
to be the guide, so confusing no one can even understand how
to actually be saved, in all honesty no matter how you look at
the bible it is more of a tool for control and confusion of purpose
than anything else.

Every religion speaks as if the others are all wrong, as if the
many different denominations of their own faith are all wrong,
and as if they got it right, its just plain old human ego, same
as it was with Greek mythology, same as it was with the insane
denomination of christianity that believed they must cut off all
their genitalia and womens breasts because that is what made
them impure etc. etc. etc.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by bloodreviara

Also if i were satan, i would have written the bible myself, what
better way to confuse and ensure that no one, no matter how
devout could ever be saved than to make the book, that is
to be the guide, so confusing no one can even understand how
to actually be saved, in all honesty no matter how you look at
the bible it is more of a tool for control and confusion of purpose
than anything else.

Well, you must be under control of the Lord, the King, so you are right in a way. and I don't think it's purpose is to prove others wrong completely, but in a way they are. Since you consider yourself sinfull, the others are too, so aren't they wrong in a way? And what they tell you isn't always right. We must see what is wrong and what not.

I'd rather say the bible makes alert on certain issues. And if one becomes confused, and has the hardest times in life, that's where lessons reside from. The way isn't always funny, but serious, but also don't take things hard. We should have a light approach to things. Our experience is one of bliss.

Originally posted by bloodreviara

Every religion speaks as if the others are all wrong, as if the
many different denominations of their own faith are all wrong,
and as if they got it right, its just plain old human ego, same
as it was with Greek mythology, same as it was with the insane
denomination of christianity that believed they must cut off all
their genitalia and womens breasts because that is what made
them impure etc. etc. etc.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 01:13 AM
link   
I can be self aware Mind without Deity. Awareness is the same, sort of. And if those texts are cast as false then we witness mass madness, of grand delusion. Itis Tia.mat
aecrets

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 01:22 AM
link   

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadellacZumbrum
reply to post by Angle

Should this be posted in the General Conspiracies Forum?

After reading that I can only imagine that you are going to have a particularly hard time getting a billion or so Christians to believe that Gobbledygook.

I don't know...fundies seem to be able to swallow some of this regurgitated ragout...hefting it onto the suspecting and unsuspecting alike...as if it were Cordon Bleu...as always the plate is much bigger than the actual meal...and what with the billions invested/encrusted onto the Vat alone, I bet some high class meals could have been served up...sadly, no...

Å99

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Angle

A literal whore, who trades sexual services for money, or a figurative whore, who is just a woman who sleeps with several men on a regular basis free of charge?

The former, the literal whore, sleeps around as their profession. The latter, a figurative whore, sleeps around as a hobby which technically just makes her a "slut".

So are you saying the Devil is like a whore or a slut?

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by bloodreviara

Have you ever heard of the
psychological defense mechanism called
"reaction formation"?

Your psychology reveals a snapshot of that.

If you have such disdain and contempt for
the topic discussed in this thread, then why are you here?
Why are you REACTING, and why do you always REACT
in the same way to similar threads?

Reaction Formation: A defense mechanism where an individual acts in a manner opposite from his or her unconscious beliefs. A homosexual who joined a gay hate group would be an example of reaction formation. Freud believed that defense mechanisms helped us cope with the world around us by letting us repress our deepest unconscious fears.

Read more: www.alleydog.com...
edit on 7-5-2013 by slugger9787 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Angle

Wallace calculates some 20,000 New Testament (NT) manuscripts exist 12 dating second-century and 124 within 300 years of NT composition.

Daniel B. Wallace, "Lost in Transmission: How Badly Did the Scribes Corrupt the New Testament Text," in Revisiting the Corruption of the New Testament, ed. Daniel B. Wallace (Grand Rapids, MI: Kregel Publications, 2011). pp.28-29.

Relative to the next best attested writing from antiquity, Homer's Iliad, with 2200 extant manuscripts , its prolificacy, an order of magnitude less than the NT manuscripts, yet its reliability is considered 95% certain.

Bart D. Ehrman, and Metzger, Bruce M., The Text of the New Testament: Its Transmission, Corruption, and Restoration, 4th ed. (New York: Oxford University Press, 2005). p.126.;Wallace, "Lost in Transmission: How Badly Did the Scribes Corrupt the New Testament Text."p.30 footnotes.

The writer Luke, how wrote Luke and Acts and was the physician and travelling companion of Paul is considered one of the greatest historians of all time.

'Luke is a historian of first rank. ...This author should be placed along with the very greatest of historians.'

William M. Ramsay, The Bearing of Recent Discovery on the Trustworthiness of the New Testament (London: Hodder and Stoughton, 1915). p.222.

Habermas surveying trends in scholarly resurrection thought over 30 years to 2005, documents: the early followers of Jesus definitely thought they saw the risen Jesus in some sense, a view holding almost unanimous critical scholarly consent ; hallucinations, illusions or similar naturalist proposals are vastly rejected as explanatorily insufficient ; 75% of scholars deduce as historical fact, Jesus' tomb empty ; and women recorded as initial resurrected Jesus witnesses in all 4 gospels is easily the most popular argument supporting the gospels' declarations as 'the Gospels probably would not have dubbed them as chief witnesses unless they actually did attest to the event' with Osiek's contribution cited which establishes compelling historicity in patriarchal settings .

Habermas, "Resurrection Research from 1975 to the Present: What Are Critical Scholars Saying?." p.140-1, 150.; Carolyn Osiek, "The Women at the Tomb: What Are the Doing There?," HTS Theological Studies 53, no. 1&2 (December 1997). p.116.

Craig , overlaying McCullagh's framework for justifying historical hypotheses , scrutinizes the rival hypotheses of 'conspiracy' , 'apparent death' , 'wrong tomb', and 'displaced body' showing all logically absurd and summarising the current scholarly position on each respectfully: completely given up; almost completely abandon; garnered virtually no support, dead at conception; and no scholars defend it today.

William Lane Craig, "Accounting for the Empty Tomb," America 208, no. 11 (April 2013). pp.12-4, 15-7.

Critic Lüdemann acrimoniously concludes,

"we can certainly say to be historical is that there were resurrection appearances in Galilee (and in Jerusalem) soon after Jesus' death...these appearances cannot be denied."

Gerd Lüdemann, What Really Happened to Jesus: A Historical Approach to the Resurrection, trans. John Bowden (Louisville, Kentucky: Westminster John Knox Press, 1996).p.81. Similar assessments amongst scholars are the norm. Ed Sanders declares that the "equally secure facts [indicate that Jesus' disciples] saw him (in what sense is not certain) after his death... .Thereafter his followers saw him."(E. P. Sanders, The Historical Figure of Jesus (London: Penguin, 1993). pp.10, 13).

Lee's theses refutes Lüdemann's 'subjective visionary experience' explanation versus resurrection however, through unbiased probability analysis, determining 98.44% probability for resurrection based on the evidence, versus 1.56% epistemic hallucination probability.

Yong-Won Lee, "Resurrection Vs. Hallucination: An Argument for the Historicity of the Resurrection of Jesus in Terms of Probabilistic Analysis" (Dissertation & Theses, Southern Baptist Theological Seminary, 2009). pp.22-33, 146-54.; Richard Swinburne has previously used Bayes' Theorem as well to estimate the probability that Jesus arose from the dead, concluding it then a 97% probability. Swinburne's claim has criticized by Michael Martin (1998), with Stephen Davis (1999) replying to Martin's argument concluding "Richard Swinburne has previously used Bayes' Theorem as well to estimate the probability that Jesus arose from the dead, concluding it then a 97% probability. Swineburne's claim has criticized by Michael Martin (1998), with Stephen Davis (1999) replying to Martin's argument concluding "the probability great but very much greater" (Licona, "The Historicity of the Resurrection of Jesus: Historiographical Considerations in the Light of Recent Debates." p.76 + footnote 301).

Embarrassing admissions of Jesus' supernatural power and miracle performing made public by Schäfer in uncensored Jewish 5th century Babylonian Talmud, furthering the case beyond reach.

"The mesit is someone who seduces an individual to idolatry, whereas the maddiah is understood as someone who publicly entices many into idolatry. Jesus, the Talmud tells us, was both: he not only enticed some individual but all of Israel to become idolaters. To make things worse, he was also a sorcerer in the sense defined more precisely in the Mishna: someone who really practices magic and not just “holds people’s eyes” (ha-'ohez et ha'enayim), that is, who deludes people by optical deception (which is permitted)"
Schäfer, Jesus in the Talmud. Kindle Locations 1325-1330.

Thus, the Rabbinic authorities creatively misrepresent Jesus' miracles as sorcery, but in doing so confirm that what he did was real and not optical illusion under the specific legal definitions in use.

Keener's monumental cataloguing of miracles performed through Jesus, a plethora attested in plain sight of modern medical doctors , one could wonder why Jesus' supernatural credibility is doubted.

Keener, Miracles: The Credibility of New Testament Accounts, 1 & 2. Kindle Locations 8352-90, 8876-950.

Critical NT scholars recognise the resurrection's significance, equated to God's endorsement of Jesus and the gospels , a transformational event leading to other biblical teachings 'often accepted more-or-less-directly' .

Nigel M. Watson, "Willi Marxsen's Approach to Christology," The Expoisitory Times 97, no. 2 (1985).pp.39-40.; Lyle K. Weiss, "The Public Significance of the Bodily Resurrection of Jesus Christ" (Dissertation & Theses, St. Mary's Seminary and University, 2007). pp.49-66, 79-88.; Gary R. Habermas, "Resurrection Research from 1975 to the Present: What Are Critical Scholars Saying?," Journal for the Study of the Historical Jesus 3, no. 2 (2005). p.145.

So I have just proved the resurrection and miracles as a historical fact....enjoy

"It is not clear why historiography should not in principle be able to speak about Jesus' resurrection as the explanation that is best established" the "phenomenon undeniably attested by the New Testament, rips a great hole in history, a hole the size and shape of the Resurrection"

Wolfhart Pannenberg, Jesus - God and Man, trans. Lewis L. Wilkins and Duane A. Priebe, 2nd ed. (Philadelphia, Pennsylvania: Westminster Press, 1977). p.109.; Charles F. D. Moule, The Phenomenon of the New Testament: A Inquiry into the Implications of Certain Features of the New Testament (London: S.C.M. Press, 1967). p.3.

Licona confirms historians are now taking miracle claims more seriously as no sound priori or a posteriori prohibitions exist.

Licona, "The Historicity of the Resurrection of Jesus: Historiographical Considerations in the Light of Recent Debates." pp.95-138.; Keener supports these findings particularly addressing Hume (Craig S. Keener, Miracles: The Credibility of New Testament Accounts, Kindle ed., vol. 1 & 2 (Grand Rapids, Michigan: Baker Academic, 2011).Kindle Locations 3280-5012).
edit on 7-5-2013 by JesuitGarlic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by slugger9787
reply to post by bloodreviara

Have you ever heard of the
psychological defense mechanism called
"reaction formation"?

Your psychology reveals a snapshot of that.

If you have such disdain and contempt for
the topic discussed in this thread, then why are you here?
Why are you REACTING, and why do you always REACT
in the same way to similar threads?

Reaction Formation: A defense mechanism where an individual acts in a manner opposite from his or her unconscious beliefs. A homosexual who joined a gay hate group would be an example of reaction formation. Freud believed that defense mechanisms helped us cope with the world around us by letting us repress our deepest unconscious fears.

Read more: www.alleydog.com...
edit on 7-5-2013 by slugger9787 because: (no reason given)

Have you ever heard of Syndrome Manufacture Syndrome?...a condition where individuals (usually individuals with letters after thier names) are compelled to make up syndromes...there is another called Call-out Compulsion Syndrome...where individuals feel the need to 'call-out' those they think have a syndrome...similar to the Grammar Nzi Syndrome...characterised by individuals who feel compelled to highlight the bad grammar of others...there are so many, with more being added all the time...

Å99

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by akushla99

I agree with your signature.
Angle is goodhearted.
Some of the replies she was
getting were from darkhearted people.

It is possible to discern what is in a persons heart
by reading their words. It paints a telling picture.
And we agree, I trust, that a picture is worth a thousand words.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join