It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sex Superbug Could Be 'Worse Than AIDS'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on May, 6 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Sex Superbug Could Be 'Worse Than AIDS'

www.cnbc.com

An antibiotic-resistant strain of gonorrhea—now considered a superbug—has some analysts saying that the bacteria's effects could match those of AIDS.

"This might be a lot worse than AIDS in the short run because the bacteria is more aggressive and will affect more people quickly," said Alan Christianson, a doctor of naturopathic medicine.

"Getting gonorrhea from this strain might put someone into septic shock and death in a matter of days," Christianson said. "This is very dangerous."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Well, this is a little concerning, now that AIDS seems to be on the back burner we have a NEW superbug out?

Anyone else find this......ODD, I mean yeah we have supberbugs come out all the time, but think about how easily gonorrhea is spread....

Think how many people a year get this, and its a passing thing....

This one kills......quickly......

Be careful people, use protection.....I swear with all the STDS out there, and things like HPV that lead to cervical cancer, youd swear someone was introducing this stuff into the population.......

www.cnbc.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
What to say about this? Well, I hate to see where this is going to go.

Gonorrhea Statistics

Gonorrhea statistics show that in 2002, 351,852 cases of the disease were reported to the CDC. In the United States, approximately 75 percent of all reported cases are found in people 15 to 29 years of age. Gonorrhea statistics also show the highest rates of infection are usually found in women 15 to 19 years of age and in men 20 to 24 years of age.

Gonorrhea Statistics: A Summary

Gonorrhea is a common infectious disease. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) estimates that each year more than 700,000 people in the United States will get a new gonorrheal infection. Only about half of these infections are reported to the CDC.

Can you just imagine all of the undocumented visitors who would make those numbers look like nothing compared?

You can read more info here:
gonorrhea.emedtv.com...

It has never been more important to talk to people about the new findings in STDs. People who are out having a goodtime, students with their lives ahead of them, they may not even know about this latest disease until it is too late.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
good thing im married and not part of transient love partner thing called college anymore.

True, but junior high kids are now doing what other generations were doing in college.
Scary. These kids need to learn self-respect and stop thinking that having sex makes them "cool" and grown up before they die or become seriously ill before they even get into college.
edit on 6-5-2013 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Does anyone else feel this could be a good thing for humanity? I will be the first to raise my hand!

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   

has some analysts saying that the bacteria's effects could match those of AIDS.

Thats a strange statement as according to wiki , the effects of Gonorrhea are nothing like a collapsed immune system (AIDS).

In both men and women if gonorrhea is left untreated, it may spread locally causing epididymitis or pelvic inflammatory disease or throughout the body, affecting joints and heart valves.

edit on 6-5-2013 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

+19 more 
posted on May, 6 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by jheated5
Does anyone else feel this could be a good thing for humanity? I will be the first to raise my hand!

No its not a good thing, and anyone who is promoting this "well good promiscuous peopel deserve to die" need to remember that its NOT ALWAYS promiscuous people that end up with this......

...you should be a lot more concerned with this hitting you directly whether you are promiscuous or not......

Wishing death on people because you dont agree with their certain lifestyle is about as short sighted as one can get........

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

Youre forgetting this is a different strain.....maybe there are some mutations in it they arent letting on......it is indeed scary.......

This in every way looks dif to what we would think of gonorrhea

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream
Hey, Promiscuous people should pay the price. i do not feel bad for them one bit.

Self Responsibility.

Fully agreed on the self responsibility!

But people need to be educated ASAP!

edit on 6-5-2013 by valiant because: (no reason given)

+37 more 
posted on May, 6 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Hey, Promiscuous people should pay the price. i do not feel bad for them one bit.

Self Responsibility.

yes cause the young child born with it that dies is to blame.......

The husband or wife, whose spouse stepped out of line one night , deserves to die because it.......

A dumb teenager making a stupid mistake or playing around with the wrong person ONE TIME, deserves to die from it.........because EVERYONE here is perfect........

do you guys even listen to yourselves and how detached you sound from reality?

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Is interesting, that nature is trying to do its part in order to control the population in earth, the only way it can do it is with the creation of diseases, bacterial and viral.

What better way than controlling the way we humans reproduce but by targeting sexually transmitted diseases.

But Humans will find a way to defeat nature because after all sex is part of human nature.

The only way I see that nature is not doing great is because it considers humans as a parasite with not will of its own but to consume, we humans are more than that, when finally nature figure that out, oh, boy, we will be all death over night.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I wonder whats gonna happen to my punk a$$ friend who thinks its ok to cheat on his wife with hookers every other weekend. (what an idiot)

Would it be bad if I don't tell him about this disease?
I mean I already tried convincing him that hookers are bad news...
(but you can't fix stupid)

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

Self Responsibility.

yes cause the young child born with it that dies is to blame.......

The husband or wife, whose spouse stepped out of line one night , deserves to die because it.......

A dumb teenager making a stupid mistake or playing around with the wrong person ONE TIME, deserves to die from it.........because EVERYONE here is perfect........

do you guys even listen to yourselves and how detached you sound from reality?

I think you took that the wrong way, Of course mistakes are made, NOBODY is perfect! and am sure nobody thinks an innocent child deserves anything bad.
What I took from that post is people need to take responsibility! and if they did, then this sort of thing would be less scary and on a much smaller scale than it could be.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join