It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sex Superbug Could Be 'Worse Than AIDS'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

HPV isn't the big deal they make it out to be, I think they say 70 percent or more adults have some strain. They only started counting it as an STD when they had come up with a pharmacuetical to push in conjuction. Just like back in the early days everyone had herpes and the fear didn't exist until the government had a medicine to sell and started exaggerating the disease.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

I dont think junior high kids have sex because they think it's cool. I would say they do it for the same reason you or anyone else does it.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

HPV isn't the big deal they make it out to be, I think they say 70 percent or more adults have some strain. They only started counting it as an STD when they had come up with a pharmacuetical to push in conjuction. Just like back in the early days everyone had herpes and the fear didn't exist until the government had a medicine to sell and started exaggerating the disease.

Oh come on, HPV is a big deal, humans just learned accept it like a rainy day or something. As to herpes, according to a friend who has it, it's not fun. It's reasonable to fear utter lack of comfort, and in case of HPV and additional % of chance that you die prematurely.

Yes indeed HPV has many strains and some will just go away eventually. This has been said already, but I'll say it again - protection at all times...

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Have you watched any music videos lately?
I used to teach 9th grade. Believe it or not, they are actually engaging in orgies. I cannot even tell you how shocked I was when learning that some of my students had contracted certain STDs and they were only 14!

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   
It is only of concern if you sleep around or use prostitutes. In that case, fear it because it's real and worse is coming.

What does concern me is the new virulent and deadly flu bug that will surely hit within 5 years because that will hit everyone regardless of age, sex or lifestyle.

edit on 6-5-2013 by MadMax7 because: .

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
What is promiscuity -- what is wrong with sex between consenting adults. Why is a death sentence the right thing for a little recreational sex. I'm not a young kid - I'm 63 years old and I really don't understand what difference could it make to you.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

Well, this is a little concerning, now that AIDS seems to be on the back burner we have a NEW superbug out?

Anyone else find this......ODD, I mean yeah we have supberbugs come out all the time, but think about how easily gonorrhea is spread....

Think how many people a year get this, and its a passing thing....

This one kills......quickly......

Be careful people, use protection.....I swear with all the STDS out there, and things like HPV that lead to cervical cancer, youd swear someone was introducing this stuff into the population.......

www.cnbc.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Yea, they're called men who pay to Rape and torture and dehumanize women and children in the sex slave industry. Looks like Mother Earth heard their cries in those chained dungeons of hell and got fed up with drinking their innocent blood when they are snuffed out...and now it's KARMA time.

GOOD.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   
so if it is an STD and it kills "within a matter of days"
then how could it spread quickly? people would have to catch it then move on to another partner pretty quick.
this isnt the case for even the most carefree of 3rd world nations.
even the most promiscuous of people dont sex a person per day.

a chain of people catching it would die out faster then they can continue to share it.
edit on 6-5-2013 by Bisman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   
How long until we hear the conspiracy theories about it being made by the CIA to kill --insert minority here --?

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I think they should call it the THUNDER CLAP

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Physical sex is so passé. Webcaming is where it's at... and that's safe as houses!

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   

And that's why I always wrap it up... Back in the day when I use to have one night stands (and was more careless) I always use to feel horrible the next day wondering what i COULD have caught...

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

Originally posted by jheated5
Does anyone else feel this could be a good thing for humanity? I will be the first to raise my hand!

No its not a good thing, and anyone who is promoting this "well good promiscuous peopel deserve to die" need to remember that its NOT ALWAYS promiscuous people that end up with this......

...you should be a lot more concerned with this hitting you directly whether you are promiscuous or not......

Wishing death on people because you dont agree with their certain lifestyle is about as short sighted as one can get........

Not really. We effectively live in a prison. A prison that forces the monogamous to endure the promiscuous. The ice to endure the sun. We live in the worst kind of tyranny, the tyranny of the immoral and the insane. This is why we need to put everything we have as a species into developing advanced space travel. So that the populations can diffuse to form like minded societies elsewhere in the Galaxy.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by korathin

Couldn't happen any sooner.

I often wonder if man moved out amongst the stars, if all the hate and bigotry would follow. Or how long it would take for old misconceptions to wield their ugly heads. Then again I would like to think that those who are part of a team, would have morals and principles and a need to make a change. One that is lacking on this Planet.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Could be a start of getting allot of antibiotic resistant different deceases which normally would be very well treated with antibiotic.

It's in the news for many years already and in my country, they already won't be that fast anymore with giving antibiotic. And of course they give way to many antibiotics to cattle stock which builds up this problem of antibiotic resistant bacteries.

Hospitals are fighting super bugs every day these days already.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Wow, I've never seen so much censorship of opinions in one thread. Not even rule violations either, just opinions. This forum has truly gone to the crapper.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by SilentKoala
Wow, I've never seen so much censorship of opinions in one thread. Not even rule violations either, just opinions. This forum has truly gone to the crapper.

Heheh most were off-topic comments...
Kinda like yours really. Still, would like
to see what those posts were about just
to see what others are reacting to.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 04:46 AM
link   
What does society expect when they unite in celebration of sexual deviancy and promiscuity and put those things up on a pedestal and shout down anyone who advocates purity or responsibility. This is what they deserve. I hope this strain spreads and takes care of the things that politicians won't.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Not everyone agrees with the hyped up CNBC article:

Gonorrhea Not 'Worse Than AIDS,' Experts Say

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
...AND now I'm celibate.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join