It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient animals rediscovered at Gobekli Tepe?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I was recently watching a documentary on Gobekli Tepe... which is an ancient Neolithic sanctuary discovered in 1994 by an old Kurdish shepherd in Turkey.

This site is apparently dated to around 12,000 years ago... which means it predates any known history of our species... So much for the 6000 year old earth theory...

While watching I noticed a bunch of stone carvings of animals... and some of them are rather strange to say the least...

Is it possible these are depictions of animals that haven't existed for thousands of years?

In many cases stone carvings are images of what the people of their time actually saw... if this is the case, the people of Gobekli Tepe saw some strange creatures

Here we have what looks like a bull, and a strange looking creature... perhaps similar to a fox... Though it kinda looks like it has claws like a crab... and some sort of long legged bird... Maybe a crane of sorts?

Some sort of pot bellied cat?

This looks similar to a bear, but with stripes?

This one is puzzling... the image on the upper right side is almost alien... Maybe... just maybe, its proof of the existence of some sort of fairy species?

Heres a few more, plus we might even be seeing a depiction of what the people of the area looked like in this picture...

archaeologists working on the site say they've only uncovered about 5% of the area thus far, meaning there will be a lot more to come in the future from this discovery...

Personally I can't wait to see what else has yet to be found

edit on 24-4-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Looks like a crab hippopotamus, which were very scary animals. They'd pop up out of the water, grab their prey with their crab claws, and feed it to the wolf (the other pic) who rode their backs.

EDIT: Another pic, I see you have a winged horse in there, and a monkey riding a horse. It was a strange time indeed.

To be serious though, lots of wolves are pictured. Wolves and humans have a long relationship, and these artists seem to have loved them very much.

edit on 24-4-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-4-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

There are a lot of similarities to astrological symbols there actually...

We can clearly see Taurus, and the Crab...

the one that seems to jump out at me the most is the picture with the "fairy like" critters...

I just presented a theory, but its a little silly... seriously though, what do you make of that picture?

It seems alien, yet there is a larger drawing beside it which looks very human... It almost looks like it has wings

Though maybe its just a grasshopper...

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

hi akragon, i really dont mean to sound rude, but was your OP a humour piece?

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by skalla

Serious with a shade of humour...

that's kinda my style...

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

cool, i'm having one of my aspie days, but i know you add humour to what you do

i'll assume you dont need further comment etc on the art.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by skalla

Of course I need further comment... please by all means, comment away...

As I've said, although I tend to add a touch of light heartedness to my threads... Its very possible we are looking at depictions of animals that went extinct long ago.... Perhaps even before recorded history!

Gobekli Tepe is an amazing site... always worth looking over....

I could look at the photos from the dig site for hours and just imagine what I might be seeing

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

ok, no 1 is surely a bull, i assume you know that?

number 2 is most likely just a method of adding a sense of movement to the figure... i though it was maybe preggo untill i saw it's junk

number 3 is furry.

not much more to add, it's all fairly mundane really.

a few weeks ago, while watching vids on primitive skills and the ice age, i came across an interesting vid of an experimental archaeologist reproducing the carvings of GT, just using flaked flint as a chisel. i didnt bookmark it, as cool though it was it did not add anything to what i already know, though it may have been of value to someone here without the grounding in archaeology, the history of art or primitive skills.... i'll have to remember ATS next time i find random gems.

i hope and pray that you know the rest of your pics are not from GT

edit on 24-4-2013 by skalla because: typo, omission

edit on 24-4-2013 by skalla because: clarity

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by skalla

ok, no 1 is surely a bull, i assume you know that?

Generally I would assume a bull would have both horns on the top of its head, not underneath... But you may be right...

One might say the head is turn to the right... Though what seems like an eye on the head is in a strange position...

the second image kinda looks like this guy....

A Thylacine...

Which sadly... IS extinct...

number 2 is most likely just a method of adding a sense of movement to the figure... i though it was maybe preggo untill i saw it's junk

I prefer the pot bellied cat theory...

number 3 is furry.

Furry stripes?

Like me?

i hope and pray that you know the rest of your pics are not from GT

Nuuu... the internet doesn't lie...

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

The fairy pic with the grasshoppers is the most interesting in terms of "what is it'ness". I've seen it before, and recall some theories (a turtle was mentioned I think). Personally I can't venture an educated guess on what either it or the insect looking things are. It does seem to be well done, so the artist was into his or her craft.

Skalla's comments are always enlightening. I, too, play alot on my posts and threads, and sometimes playfulness and humour are important elements of being a good ATSer (imnho). With these pics looking very primative while portraying real-life living animals and humans, they make for interesting guesswork. But the "fairy" and its companions, they could be any number of things, and probably are.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

humourous comment aside, no4 is from Catal Huyuk irrc, and in no5, the first, second and fourth are surely celtic, though the second may be norse.

as for the rest of your comments i again assume humour

edit on 24-4-2013 by skalla because: rtypod

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   
The forth picture has strange resemblance to some of the pictograms I have seen from Australia.
It would appear either these people got around a lot or maybe there was a common thread of thought which has yet to be recognized.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by teamcommander

you may be right about that one being from oz, i have fuzzy brain syndrome today, but i'm certain it aint from Gobekli Tepe

edit on 24-4-2013 by skalla because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by skalla
reply to post by Akragon

humourous comment aside, no4 is from Catal Huyuk irrc, and in no5, the first, second and fourth are surely celtic, though the second may be norse.

as for the rest of your comments i again assume humour

edit on 24-4-2013 by skalla because: rtypod

Norse and Celtic people 12000 years ago, in Turkey?

that sounds a little odd...

And those top three are from "national geographic"

www.smithsonianmag.com...

You don't think that is reliable?

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by Aleister

There are a lot of similarities to astrological symbols there actually...

We can clearly see Taurus, and the Crab...

the one that seems to jump out at me the most is the picture with the "fairy like" critters...

I just presented a theory, but its a little silly... seriously though, what do you make of that picture?

It seems alien, yet there is a larger drawing beside it which looks very human... It almost looks like it has wings

Though maybe its just a grasshopper...

It was discovered that the celtic cross is /was a navigational instrument. it could tell longditude by knowing what astrological sign the moon was in and could also tell time that way too.
The author found these symboles in caves dating back 30,000 years
this is why we say "To CROSS an Ocean"
www.crichtonmiller.com...

also note the weave pattern typically associated with "celtic" art

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by teamcommander
The forth picture has strange resemblance to some of the pictograms I have seen from Australia.
It would appear either these people got around a lot or maybe there was a common thread of thought which has yet to be recognized.

According to Miller (the link in my above post ) explains why there are so many sea side cities towns and villages under water on the continental shelves around the world

The mile high glaciers calved and the tidal waves flattened the seaside population centers, and then melted and the sea rose over them.

He maintains there was world wide travel at that time

To the critics of this theory with the proven "celtic cross" as its center piece:
the cities towns and villages are there, and you can get there in a row boat using the cross to navigate.
a working copy of the celtic cross was found in the great pyramid shaft by the robot and it was found
underneath the star chart dating the pyramid at 10.500 BC

believe it or not

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Stegosaurus Angkor Wat....

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

people say were humans around at the time of dinosaurs roamed earth, what more proof than you need that this.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

re the celtic/celto-norse sculptures (when i stated the numbers, i meant they are the first, second and fourth pics within picture number five), they are quite obvs not from GT... if we are gonna discuss or disagree where they are from it would be helpful if you post your source for them.... i know these sculptures from a variety of highly credible books, some of which have been in print for 50 years.. i think they are all from scotland iirc - i studied archaeology and history and have long admired both celtic and norse artwork as well as using these as sources for craftwork as a teen. i'm really 100% on those and they are common knowledge so much so that i personally would not even bother to look for a source myself to prove it.... i'm not being arrogant or funny about it, but i first saw them like 30 odd years ago

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by skalla
reply to post by Akragon

re the celtic/celto-norse sculptures (when i stated the numbers, i meant they are the first, second and fourth pics within picture number five), they are quite obvs not from GT... if we are gonna discuss or disagree where they are from it would be helpful if you post your source for them.... i know these sculptures from a variety of highly credible books, some of which have been in print for 50 years.. i think they are all from scotland iirc - i studied archaeology and history and have long admired both celtic and norse artwork as well as using these as sources for craftwork as a teen. i'm really 100% on those and they are common knowledge so much so that i personally would not even bother to look for a source myself to prove it.... i'm not being arrogant or funny about it, but i first saw them like 30 odd years ago

Sounds like you would know better then I would...

How do you think people from 12000 years ago managed to create such monolithic structures with primitive tools?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join