It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satanic sex cult that's snaring celebrities

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 07:36 AM
link   
I just stumbled across a news article with this title and had to post it here...

Satanic sex cult that's snaring celebrities

Apparently, Peaches Geldof, Jimmy Page from Led Zeppelin, and the rapper Jay-Z, amongst others have joined the Ordo Templi Orientis (OTO) and are flaunting it, even with tattoos of the order.

This is absolutely not a problem, but what gets me is that journalists would be brazen enough (or perhaps ignorant enough) to use the words "Satanic" and "Sex cult" in international news articles, while they obviously have no idea what the order is about.

Peach Geldof's OTO tattoo:

The article quotes celebrities as referring to the order as a sex cult:

'You could call us a sex cult in a way, because we recognise, accept and adore the whole process which goes towards making tangible the previously intangible.'

It hints at the celebrities performing acts of human sacrifice:

A former FBI agent, Ted Gundersen, who investigated Satanic circles in LA, found that Crowley’s teachings about 'raising demons to do one’s bidding' suggested human sacrifice, preferably of 'an intelligent young boy'.

What really gets me is that renowned journalists get away with labeling any occult order as satanic, and presenting such orders in a completely biased way that basically accuses anyone of belonging to the order as satanists.

Although I am not a member of the order, I know a few people who are, including fellow members on this site who I trust, with whom I have discussed the order, and along with my own research, I know that the article, along with all the variants thereof (listed below) is absolute trash and misinformation.

Independent online article

Daily Star article

The Guardian article

In my opinion, celebrities should be able to belong to whatever orders they like, without having to be tortured by the press with lies and tales about the nature of their involvement.

Any thoughts?

edit on 24/4/2013 by Saurus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   
good post! i opened the first link and it said the Led Zeppelin guitarist Jimmy Page might also be involved with the Ordo Templi Orientis... and it made me think of this song Kashmir by Led Zeppelin:

edit on 24-4-2013 by prelar because: forgot song name

edit on 24-4-2013 by prelar because: forgot song name

]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfR_HWMzgyc
edit on Wed Apr 24 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: fixed YT embed

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Saurus

Although I am not a member of the order, I know a few people who are, including fellow members on this site who I trust, with whom I have discussed the order, and along with my own research, I know that the article, along with all the variants thereof (listed below) is absolute trash and misinformation.

I am curious...what is the order about...what are its principles and beliefs? You say that you are not a member of this order and yet you are passionately defending it...why?

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Less worried about the OTO than I am the standard of British journalism.
It's just a club for bored rockstars of the day and their children, never been anything else has it really?.
Isn't jimmy's daughter quite high up in the OTO still?

I'm not trying to devalue it as someones legitimate faith, I've known people in it myself. However, I can see why it's seeing an upsurge in celebrity interest again and it doesn't suprise me in the slightest. We had a good 30 years where we saw the reemergence of modern wicca and the OTO that blossomed through the sixties and beyond.
edit on 24-4-2013 by Suspiria because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Before I even opened thie link I though "Daily Mail". I turned out to be correct. Nuff said!

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

Bit of insight Cal.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea

I am curious...what is the order about...what are its principles and beliefs? You say that you are not a member of this order and yet you are passionately defending it...why?

O.T.O. is an esoteric/occult order with an initiatory system and a system of degrees (similar to other esoteric orders), and uses rituals to teach magick, as well as spiritual and philosophical teachings.

I practice magick and belong to other esoteric orders myself, and I have often been the victim of similar disinformation. Furthermore, I trust the members of OTO that I know enough to know that the order is largely similar to other esoteric societies, and certainly does not practice ritual human sacrifice etc.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by fiftyfifty
Before I even opened thie link I though "Daily Mail". I turned out to be correct. Nuff said!

Yes, but others, such as the Guardian, Independent Online and Daily Mail, amongst others, have also snatched up the story (see links in original post).

Independent Online did change their title, though. Yesterday, they called it a Satanic sex cult, and today have just "sex cult" in their title. Perhaps they had complaints.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   
You'd think there was enough real news to go about these past few weeks. In this case you could almost be excused for thinking you were trapped in a life on mars coma and back reading the News of the World.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   
sex cult?

must be satanic in nature.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Been researching them they seam like quite an interesting society

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

Because he is most likely full of poop.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Sex cult? Sounds fun, but I imagine some kind of super dominatrix and loads of wealthy stars on their needs getting their balls dropped kicked one at a time.

Like most things, sound brilliant - but when you peer in, # aint what you thought - Max Mosley

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Freemasons use to watch sex (there are even movies made containing these facts)

The Satans describe what they see for them.

And thanks to illuminati , now there is sex in every single movie made in Hollywood and every one watches and says 'no big deal"

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Saurus

Originally posted by caladonea

O.T.O. is an esoteric/occult order with an initiatory system and a system of degrees (similar to other esoteric orders), and uses rituals to teach magick, as well as spiritual and philosophical teachings.

I practice magick and belong to other esoteric orders myself, and I have often been the victim of similar disinformation. Furthermore, I trust the members of OTO that I know enough to know that the order is largely similar to other esoteric societies, and certainly does not practice ritual human sacrifice etc.

I saw this story and thought it was funny that they said Peaches Geldof had 'joined'. As you say, you would be initiated, you wouldn't just sign up and be automatically a member. Also I think it's possible Peaches Geldof has just read about OTO and got a crap tattoo , not proof she has been allowed to 'join'.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   
That really is a crap tattoo. Maybe it's my eye's but the close up looks more like aTa.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Saurus

I think that any order which isn't a part of mainstream religion is going to be labeled a cult and all sorts of libelous assumptions are going to be printed about them as any story containing words like "Satanic" or "sex cult" are going to sell. Throw in celebrity devotees and the dollar figures climb substantially. It's rubbish but it sells.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Suspiria
It's just a club for bored rockstars of the day and their children, never been anything else has it really?.

I'm not trying to devalue it as someones legitimate faith, I've known people in it myself. However, I can see why it's seeing an upsurge in celebrity interest again and it doesn't suprise me in the slightest. We had a good 30 years where we saw the reemergence of modern wicca and the OTO that blossomed through the sixties and beyond.

Well you should be worried.

I'm at the tender age of 21 and I deem my self FAR from innocent..... Having said that, the trend that the young kids are following these days, after watching the behaviour of their favorite celebrities, is disgraceful.

12 year olds that behaave like nymphonic 25 years olds..... YOU SHOULD BE DISTURBED. aha.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by ObservingYou

Originally posted by Suspiria

Well you should be worried.

I'm at the tender age of 21 and I deem my self FAR from innocent..... Having said that, the trend that the young kids are following these days, after watching the behaviour of their favorite celebrities, is disgraceful.

12 year olds that behaave like nymphonic 25 years olds..... YOU SHOULD BE DISTURBED. aha.

If you were 21 and still an innocent little snowflake then it wouldn't be my job to be worried.
It's not my job to worry about other peoples kids hormones neither really.
Plus I can't help but visualise panicked OTO devottees frantically battening down the hatches and manning the pitchforks whilst a throng of Beliebers are kicking down the door.

I don't think they are that desperate for new initiates or ever have been..

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by mideast
Freemasons use to watch sex (there are even movies made containing these facts)

The Satans describe what they see for them.

And thanks to illuminati , now there is sex in every single movie made in Hollywood and every one watches and says 'no big deal"

I am sorry,......What?

I sure am glad I am not as frightened as you are.

Freemasons are men. I bet some of them have sex as well as watch it.

The Illuminati has not been around since the late 1700's. So their grip on Hollywood is quite weak.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join