It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AP Twitter account hacked, posts false White House scare

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Just goes to show you how Volatile the Stock Market is. How volatile our Economy and tied-in Worlds Economies are.

At 1:08, the Dow began a perilous but short-lived nosedive. It dropped about 150 points, from 14697.15 to 14548.58, before stabilizing at 1:10 p.m., when news that the tweet had been erroneous began to spread. By 1:13 p.m., the level had returned to 14690. During those three minutes, the “fake tweet erased $136 billion in equity market value,” according to Bloomberg News’ Nikolaj Gammeltoft.

Syrian hackers claim AP hack that tipped stock market by $136 billion. Is it terrorism?
edit on 25-4-2013 by sonnny1 because: spelling

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus

Originally posted by Senduko
reply to post by retirednature

Yes how dare he imply there might be an angle to this story on a conspiracy forum?
Let's ban him.

/sarcasm.

What is this forum coming to, if you have to get insulted when doubting an official story.

THANK YOU. This forum is becoming a mirror of the mainstream media. Plus the poster didn't even quite understand what I was getting at. *sigh*

One doesn't have to believe what I write, but at least THINK, for crying out loud. SOMEBODY benefitted from this, with a lot of money. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that something stinks about this.

i've noticed its gotten pretty bad this past 2 weeks, i mean its always been bad but latly ehh.

i actually had to report someone last week for trolling me around discrediting all my theories for the offical story, it was kind of funny because when i warned him i would report him, then he went and reported me

what is this site coming too?
edit on 25-4-2013 by WanderingThe3rd because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 02:40 AM
link   
I think it's great that this happens, IMO more proof of how volatile and unreliable the markets are when a mere twitter post can wreak such havoc in such a short amount of time. I think it's a pity that this doesn't happen more often. The Internet should be a great tool to wield against oppression.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
We'll be discussing this topic on tonights ATS Live! Radio show. Join us!

Details here - www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join