It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AP Twitter account hacked, posts false White House scare

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Senduko
reply to post by retirednature

Yes how dare he imply there might be an angle to this story on a conspiracy forum?
Let's ban him.

/sarcasm.

What is this forum coming to, if you have to get insulted when doubting an official story.

THANK YOU. This forum is becoming a mirror of the mainstream media. Plus the poster didn't even quite understand what I was getting at. *sigh*

One doesn't have to believe what I write, but at least THINK, for crying out loud. SOMEBODY benefitted from this, with a lot of money. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that something stinks about this.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

I normally don't by into false flag events, but I can't think of a better method to pave the way for increased government regulation of the internet.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   

SOMEBODY benefitted from this

And a lot of folks got screwed.

I'm sure there are many that had automatic sell orders and took a loss.

They should have rewound any trades that happened during the flash crash so no one benefited or got screwed.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Well when I thought about it, two things stand out beside the 'normal' market working of buying cheap after such a loss and selling when it rebounced. Someone got rich in a couple of minutes indeed.

The two things that caught my attention are;

How is it possible that the market so easily accepts such an attack. 9/11, Madrid, London, Boston ok it can happen everywhere but bombs in the white house? It tells something how the actors on the market think of the security about that place right?

The other point is presented here:

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

I wonder how some of those folks feel now that reacted in such a rash way without further checking outside and secondary sources? I wonder if those people will make that mistake again? Something tells me they won't ....until time has passed to forget the pain of this one, anyway.

This obviously shows that IF something would happen someone has at least a couple of minutes to sell their stuff because the rest of the market will check for sources. So the scheme as it was now, was based on buying low... next time the scheme could be about selling high a couple of minutes "before" next happening is confirmed by a couple of sources.

To make it clear for all readers, it's not my opnion what is happening, it is not even speculation it is just theorizing on possibilities knowing how small and illusive they may be.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Essentially mass media is failing, who really trusts the major news networks anymore? Do they even report "the news" anymore - or is it all spin by the owners of said networks. I know I get information faster from blogs / alternative media - now that isn't to say I believe in everything I read from a blog, you still have to do your research.

But as to people "FLIPPING OUT" over a twitter post is insane. Regardless of whose twitter account it is, I still look for confirmation.

Also, is this a possible "conspiracy" - sure, why not. The markets are completely manipulated as it is, why couldn't this be the same.
edit on 23-4-2013 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Zarniwoop

They should have rewound any trades that happened during the flash crash so no one benefited or got screwed.

I would have to disagree, widows, orphans and older conservative investors rely on dividend income from stocks and do not typically "play" the VIX or set 1% sell stops to milk price pullbacks. Those investors that lost price value after the BB event sell off got some of it back today..

Its not likely these hackers made a lot of money on a 1% spread between the time their sell volume ended and their buy stops got triggered. Just a trivial correction think about it.

If our beloved President got jacked because he had his sell stops set too tight that is too bad and we will never know. At least there wasn't any blood from a real bombing of the White House.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Quite possibly an attempt at a distraction to let the subject of the alleged Saudi National deportation scandal cool off.

Notice I said "alleged".

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Cauliflower

I would have to disagree, widows, orphans and older conservative investors rely on dividend income from stocks and do not typically "play" the VIX or set 1% sell stops to milk price pullbacks.

I'm not talking about conservatives.

I know a few gents who play the stop-loss game (I am not one of them) . Extrapolate the few people I know by a thousand or so (probably a lot more) and... yeah, I think a lot of folks got screwed by this today.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   
For the past few weeks, I would check the VIX whenever some 'event' took place. Thinking the whole time, there might be a connection, as in, a group 'creating' an event to push the VIX over 20 by April 25.

To no avail, all those million dollar bets on the VIX hitting 20 by said date are losers. But apparently, we're just one tweet away from an all-out crash. If that doesn't speak volumes....

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

It's awfully convenient that these stories break and issues like this are sensationalized when the CISPA is being pushed on congress. Seems to fit the narration pretty well doesn't it?

Oh noes! My twitter account was hacked by Syrians and it is causing mass panic in the financial sector!! I need the federal government to help rectify the problem!! Here is all of my information, do whatever you need to do with it and give it to whoever you want as long as my Twitter is safe and so is the US!

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by retirednature

Originally posted by FissionSurplus
Be aware that the stock market took a "flash crash" hit, dropping over 250 points within a few minutes, supposedly in response to this story.

I don't buy it. More like they had the flash crash planned, and used the AP hacking as a cover. Just sayin'.....

ibankcoin.com...

Damn, you really went there...

The government is responsible for dropping the stock market 250 points?

No, they(the government nor AP) did not have this planed to crash the market 250 points, that is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. Just Sayin'.....
edit on 23-4-2013 by retirednature because: (no reason given)

Everyone knows that the stock market dips when large negative events, especially terrorist attacks, hit the US. If it was planned, and reported fake, they knew it would recover.

This serves two purposes:

To show that cyber-security is needed because of how easily something as simple as a Twitter account can affect something as HUGE as the stock market.. Enter CISPA and the whole narration surrounding it. This was essentially a free ticket for the sponsors of the bill whether planned or not. The media is going to sensationalize this as much as they can to bring awareness to "Cyber-Security Threats".

It also gives us further reason to embed ourselves in Syria since some of Bashar Assad's biggest supporters, the "Syrian Electronic Army", are "claiming credit" for the "attack". It breeds distrust and hate for Syria in the US populace.. Thus garnering further support with our involvement there.

I'd say it fits the bill.. Far too convenient timing with everything goin on right now. Even if it wasn't a government operation, you better believe they're going to milk the hell out of this.. Happens regularly.
edit on 24-4-2013 by ZiggyMojo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Very Nice thread, there is something about this hacking but i feel that in this case it is not the money that is the real issue here.

BTW your Comments have just giving me a Chilling effect on my whole body. But you have just led me to believe that the next move of NW O is to kill Obama. I know this is a little Off-topic but I just start a thread on behalf of your comments
if Anyone have a thought on my thread. go ahead

next move of NWO is to kill Obama

and again thanks very much Wrabbit2000 you are a real eye Opener

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I personally believe that they did it to themselves. That it was a beta test to see how much the a small tweet from a "very credible" source could actually affect real world events. If it was hackers, it probably was not the hackers you are thinking of, but rather part of the globalists ongoing "probing" experiments (like Cypress, Boston martial law, New Orleans gun confiscation after Katrina, and now this).
edit on 24-4-2013 by TheOv3rminD because: Spelling

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Someone hacked into my twitter account on the 19th of April. I was very upset about the comments made and contacted their security section. After checking out what happened, I had to go to setting and there was an app., of a third party that did this. All I had to do is disable it. It happened to other people and as you can guess, it hurt a lot of people. I had the highest antivirus program plus extra and this slipped through.

I hope this may help some of you.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
If Obama did die then america would be screwed with Joe Biden as the POTUS! I wonder how many people freaked out reading that tweet? I'm sure if the explosions did happen then some people would blame it on the tea party or the right wing like almost every other tragedy in recent years.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaLyps0
What if this really happend and theres a cover up in progress
If obama came back from the dead then he must be the antichrist

Your mind is scary lolol!! I was like holy sh!t, what if it was though?? No but not the anti christ thing, but rather it happened and a president look-a-like was put in place. Kind of like that movie.. can't remember the name..

An event like this would be hard to silence anyways, there are thousands of people in that area. A cover up would be a stupid move. Instead, I'm sure they'd find some way to take advantage of the situation...

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Be aware that the stock market took a "flash crash" hit, dropping over 250 points within a few minutes, supposedly in response to this story.

I don't buy it. More like they had the flash crash planned, and used the AP hacking as a cover. Just sayin'.....

ibankcoin.com...

Normally, I'd be as suspicious, too, but the group claiming the hack, the Syrian Electronic Army, also claimed the hack of CBS's social media as well and was posting information in regards to Obama and Al Qaeda. I'm guessing they thought it'd be funny to cause a people panic and tipped off the HFT algorithm to boot. A substantiated threat to the president and possible leadership change would plunge the markets into disarray as that sort of change would put the market into a gray area. It's probably in place to take a precautionary stance. Hopefully, they switch up the algorithm so it requires multiple reports--not just the first report--so it doesn't happen again because they just exposed a significant vulnerability in the algorithm.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   
This was done to steal money out of the market. Someone made out big time.

I have worked in technology for Wall Street. These large firms and hedge funds are dealing in billions of dollars in the stock and bond markets. They hire the best mathematics geniuses from all the top schools. These quants develop programs for high frequency trading.

They have algorithms in the program that constantly monitor all the main news feeds (AP, Reuters, Bloomberg, etc.). If certain keywords are detected in the same article indicating bad news for the markets it triggers automatic sell orders. The faster you get out the better; we are talking fractions of seconds that the computer is reacting.

I am certain that someone that is in the know about these types of high frequency trading programs figured out the exact combination of keywords to trigger a massive selloff. They knew that they had to hack into one of the big reputable news sources like AP then start buying at the bottom and make millions in just a few minutes when the markets bounce right back. The little guy has no idea what is going on and loses it all and the big fish make billions.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 01:07 AM
link   

ibankcoin.com...

This is what I was thinking immediately. Imagine how many billions of dollars could be made by someone who knew this was going to happen.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Follow the money, who ever did this made ALOT of it!

Sell high before anyone else sells, then buy back when everything is peddy cash

i can't even imagin how much money they made

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join