It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI Hunts Terror 'Sleeper Cell' Linked to Tsarnaev Brothers

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 06:44 AM
link   

FBI Hunts Terror 'Sleeper Cell' Linked to Tsarnaev Brothers

www.ibtimes.co.uk

The FBI is hunting a 12-man terrorist "sleeper cell" linked to the brothers suspected of carrying out the Boston bombings.

The Bureau believes that Tamerlan and Dzhokhar Tsarnaev received training in bomb-making before they carried out the attack, which killed three people.

According to the Sunday Mirror, a source close to the investigation said: "We have no doubt the brothers were not acting alone. The devices used to detonate the two bombs were highly sophisticated and not the kind of thing people learn from Google.
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 22-4-2013 by MrInquisitive because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Looks like this bombing case is far from wrapped up. However, I have yet to see any other sources with the same story, other than essentially verbatim reports of this one, such as the following:

The Mirror UK report on possible linked terror cell

Now it is being said that at least three other college-age people have been arrested in connection with this investigation. Investigators believe -- as has been opined at ATS -- that the devices used were a little more sophisticated than what first-time bomb makers could come create.
Update: It now looks like the additional people arrested had been the girlfriend of the 19 year-old suspect and a couple of his friends, and these arrests or at least "taking into custody" were conducted before suspect #2 was caught, so maybe this whole meme of a terror cell may be more bad reporting.

It did seem unusual that these guys built these devices on their own and got at least two out of three of them to work properly, without blowing themselves up in the process at some point.

It's also interesting that the investigative source believe there are up to a dozen individuals in this suspected sleeper cell.

www.ibtimes.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 06:58 AM
link   
They threw some stuff into a pressure cooker, probably something a high-school woodshop student could do if he had the manual. But this is interesting if true, 12 people with two down makes ten little Indians to find. The more intelligent ones have already scattered, the others are hiding in boats.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aleister
They threw some stuff into a pressure cooker, probably something a high-school woodshop student could do if he had the manual. But this is interesting if true, 12 people with two down makes ten little Indians to find. The more intelligent ones have already scattered, the others are hiding in boats.

I think that making such devices for the first time, without blowing one's self up, is what is making the investigators think there are more and better trained persons involved. Also in the news story, it says that three young people of college age, two men and a woman, were arrested in connection with the case. Or it could just be another one of the cavalcade of hasty, inept news reports that have come out regarding this case.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   
This is at least the fourth thread on this subject. Search = your friend. All threads are at the top of the search link below.

abovetopsecret.com.samuru.com...

edit on 22-4-2013 by _BoneZ_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by MrInquisitive

highly sophisticated and not the kind of thing people learn from Google.

A pressure cooker with shrapnel bits...really? Highly sophisticated ?

Ok. Than this attack is a bit of an epic fail...only 3 casualties for such a sophisticated and 12-man planned attack.

To tell you the truth...first time I heard about the explosions...they said 2 bombs...I thought how very small number of casualties. Granted...the number could have been much bigger concerning the event. But it was an obvious failed plan.

edit on 22-4-2013 by MarioOnTheFly because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   

After reading that I would say that someone does not have their facts in line.

It was announced this morning that the suspect would not be labeled an Enemy Combatant because they are certain that there was No Involvement with Other Groups or Individuals.

So, What's with that .. . .?

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I'm betting on: "We looked and couldn't find that sleeper cell... they must be based in Iran; let's get them there..."

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 07:32 AM
link   
I posted this in another thread but it should have gone here.

I am beginning to think they were part of a sleeper cell as well. This whole thing hasn't sat right with me. At first I wondered if it was a false flag to further American interests in Caspian Sea oil and gas but the government is making it clear it is not holding the Chechen government to account. So strike one...

Forgive me for going off on my own conspiracy theory here but I don't have enough posts yet to be allowed to start a new thread and I was really curious as to what others thoughts were on this.

In an effort to get to the bottom of why this whole incident hasn't felt quite genuine, tonight I was trawling through Jamar's friends accounts on Twitter. One in particular made me starting thinking. The account is @xXjungaXx. This person claims Jamar was akin to a brother and they'd known each other all their lives. He is, of course, defending Jamar. But yesterday he retweeted a tweet of Jamar's from November last year, which does sound ominous in light of the bombings, and it was "those who refuse to apologise will be sorry one day." Why would an alleged friend retweet that given the circumstances?

The day after the bombings, before Jamar was a suspect, this person stated the bombing was a false flag and provided a link to a video at Inforwars. He then said something like "I only present the video, now it up to you whether to believe it or not." He also retweeted Jamar saying "people are conditioned by the media." His friend agreed and said it was easy to manipulate people's minds during a crisis when everyone is asking the question why.

This person comes across as somewhat authoritative and almost disdainful of the people showing support for his defence of Jamar, and there were thousands who are now following his account and many showing their support. He tweets that the FBI have visited him and "it's all good."

My conspiracy theory runs thus:

The sleeper cell was located in Watertown and made up of Islamic fundamentalists including Jamar and his brother. This cell realises the power the media has in shaping opinion and has hatched a plan to use it to their own ends.

They choose an event that they know will be well covered by the media. Jamar and his brother plant their bombs and leave.

After the event, other members of the cell take part in discussions on conspiracy websites, they upload images to 4Chan trying to confuse and put doubt into people's minds about what happened, pointing to the government as the culprits.

On the night of the chase in Watertown there was one scanner that I watched/listened to the whole time and seemed to be the only one not able to be taken offline at various points because it was a video camera trained on a physical scanner and not a digitally embedded scanner (IT gurus - clarify if this would make a difference, please).

Perhaps one of the cell was responsible for providing this stream, knowing there was a convoluted plan to lead the authorities on a merry chase that incorporated other cell members decoying police up blind alleys, so to speak, and that this would all be broadcast on the scanner. THAT would explain why Jamar and his brother were so obvious in their visit to the gas station and 7-11 or whatever it was and why the witness they car jacked said they told her they were the bombers. The cell wanted people's attentions drawn to the chase that was about to begin so they could implement the second phase of their strategy, to use social media to confuse the heck out of us. It would also explain how one 19 year-old kid could elude 9000 LEOs for 12 hours or whatever it was.

What if the actual attack is two fold: one physical - to kill, maim and terrorise, and the other is for the "hearts and minds" of US citizens with the objective being to turn Americans against their own government?

Anyway, I thought I'd put it out there. It's probably crazy but this whole thing is just plain weird.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by _BoneZ_
This is at least the fourth thread on this subject. Search = your friend. All threads are at the top of the search link below.

abovetopsecret.com.samuru.com...

You're right, my bad. I looked in the Breaking Alternative News forum, the New Topics page and the ATS Home page, and found nothing so I assumed there was no thread on the matter. Usually I do a search too; this time I forgot. Sorry...

That said, the fact that I didn't find this story in the places I listed means that by starting my thread on the subject, some people who would otherwise not know about this story now do so. Also, the other still-going thread on the subject has virtually no information in the initial post -- unlike this one. And from the search page you pointed to, it looks like this is the third, not the forth thread on the topic.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadellacZumbrum

After reading that I would say that someone does not have their facts in line.

It was announced this morning that the suspect would not be labeled an Enemy Combatant because they are certain that there was No Involvement with Other Groups or Individuals.

So, What's with that .. . .?

Thanks for posting that; I hadn't heard that yet and am really happy that an American citizen is not being denied his Constitutional rights as he has simply been accused of committing this crime and not convicted of anything.

The media and elected officials appearing with media discussed the Enemy Combatant designation ad nauseum and I was really disgusted by so many elected officials comments. Frankly if you designate White Hat Guy an enemy combatant than we should have designated Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground the same way back in the day...

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Archie

@Archie,

No problem, Ace. Glad to be of help in getting more posts under your belt so you can attain full-on posting privileges.

Apparently there are a few more developed threads on the topic though, so you might want to test your theory in those threads (and up your post count to boot). Here's the still-going one:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Does anyone know who took the photographs uploaded to 4chan of the crowds by the finish line? What was the original source of these photos?

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by MarioOnTheFly

To tell you the truth...first time I heard about the explosions...they said 2 bombs...I thought how very small number of casualties. Granted...the number could have been much bigger concerning the event. But it was an obvious failed plan.

I'm really surprised more people aren't keying on this, to be honest. You're right though. This was amateur hour for what was used. The feelings and intent were real enough and those two were not going to surrender. The mark of a true fanatic. However, they got short changed on training, it seems. The wouldn't know the difference between a pressure cooker and a proper shaped containment. Obviously, we all got a bit lucky this time. Hopefully, we never meet the ones on their 'A' game inside the US. It wouldn't have been 3...but 300.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by NickDC202
I'm betting on: "We looked and couldn't find that sleeper cell... they must be based in Iran; let's get them there..."

Good point!

Must've found another oil reserve over there....

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

That is a really scary thought.

How do they get here? How does immigration let anyone in with ties to this sort of thing settle in America?

How does somebody create all those ied's and not get detected? I'm really angry with the FBI. They dropped the ball.

Cirque

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Exactly...now I always have doubts about the official story...but let's not go there here.

Let's suppose that they really are a part of a sleeper cell...that was a really crappy job if I may say so. The weapon was amateurish...having in mind what one can get these days with access to internet, and not to mention that they were a part of a cell...which means organization...which means...means.

So you take out 3 out of possible thousands that day...get caught and your ass handed to you. All this with a 12 man team...

something stinks....either they have no ties with no sleeper cells, or their motives for the explosions weren't what they appear to be and they didn't want to kill as many...but than I remember the Islamic extremist motto..." the more the merrier"

I'm sure I'm just paranoid here...and nothing would make happier if I am...

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I find it rather convenient that the kid cant speak. Talk about putting words in somebody's mouth. I heard a blip on fox news this mourning that he said there was no one else involved besides him and his brother.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Keeping you in fear for your life 24 hours a day.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join