It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meteorite in Argentina Last Night !

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by FireballStorm

That was so cool. Too bad wasn't Pink Floyd there.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
The brightness was amazing. It was daytime out for a split second and even brighter at one point.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chansi3
reply to post by Trueman

S&F Op. Wow, that was a huge light. The people were a lot calmer than I would have been. I wonder if anyone knows where we are located in our solar system. I am aware our whole system rotates, but often wonder what type of timeline are we presently in or if any scientist has ever figured it out? Thanks Op. Great catch.

What type of timeline we are in? What do you mean?

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by JimboSliceLV
The brightness was amazing. It was daytime out for a split second and even brighter at one point.

It's impossible to gauge brightness accurately from these videos, but super-bolides like this one can easily outshine the Sun, and I would not be surprised if this one did.

When you combine the extreme speed (anywhere from 11-73 km/s although these are usually around 25-30 km/s) with a sizable object, the energy released (much of it in the form of visible light) when the object slamms into dense air can be many times the energy released from an atomic bomb. This one was likely the size of a medium sized van I would guess.

Reminds me of the 2009 South African super-bolide:

Note: the part with the police car is not from Africa, it was taken in the US on Nov. 18th, 2009

edit on 23-4-2013 by FireballStorm because: clarification

<< 1   >>

join