It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time Travel

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by 19KTankCommander

Hrmmm... Where would I go.... Only 2 items.... *Gears start moving* *Steam from ears* ***Ding!~***

I'm going to the crucifiction baby! I'm bringing a AK47 and ample supply of Ammo~ I'm cleaning house and saving that man known as Jebus! Bazinga~

Or~

Back to when Columbus landed.... Same items.... I'm taking that bastard and his company out and saving the indians!

Call me: SacredSquirl~

How'd I do?

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   

I'm taking that bastard and his company out and saving the indians!
reply to post by sulaw

If you are trying to save the indians I think you would need to go back furthe since there is no eveidence that the Vikings have made it well before Columbus.

Good luck on you quest

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Lets say for example one qualified for a mission to Sirius upon a space craft that could travel at 99.999% the speed of light. At these speeds it will take one 12.5 years to get there and 12.5 years to return.

Lets consider that the astronauts are assigned to stay in Sirius for an additional 12.5 years for research.

This means that on Earth when the astronauts return 1216.5 years have passed on Earth since the voyage began.

The thing is that from the perspective of the astronauts only 37.5 years have passed.

Now we can travel at one half the speed of light without any effect from time dilation except of course to point out that any trip will take twice the time. So instead one get there in 25 years spends 10 years in research and another 25 years to return, one returns 60 years later and that much time has passed on Earth.

To date we know of Electron Migration and in respect to religion we know of the Prophet. In electron migration information is able to travel from the future to the past. With respect to the prophet the term itself means he or he can know the future. Modern science from the conservative end does not consider the possibility that such a reaction as inherent, with respect to electrons interacting with matter. It considers that such a reaction can occur only within the context of free floating electrons.

A position I consider absurd in a scientific way.....from the context of how energy is applicable it is possible to send information from the future to the present.

Any thoughts?
edit on 4-5-2013 by Kashai because: Added content

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Our future is in our past. Not trying to be off topic here. We are nothing like our ancients. There is a huge rift between those that built our most magnificent monuments to our insignificant technology we have today.

I want to go back in time.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   
In relation to all that is known today you might consider Remote Viewing.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 06:23 AM
link   
well considering the key to bending spacetime is gravity... and to do that really good you need something the size of a star... or the energy equilivent of a star (e=mc2) ...

now that you can warp spacetime, the problem is howto contain that mass or power in a ship.

which i'll probably stop there, you'd more than likely need the mass of a black hole....

barring shortcuts and physics cheats

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by hisshadow
well considering the key to bending spacetime is gravity... and to do that really good you need something the size of a star... or the energy equilivent of a star (e=mc2) ...

now that you can warp spacetime, the problem is howto contain that mass or power in a ship.

which i'll probably stop there, you'd more than likely need the mass of a black hole....

E=mc2 depends upon mass so if you have a object made of Plutonium about 10X10 inches you get a response under the correct circumstances, that the result of a fission reaction.

Electron are known in theory to travel backwards in time they do not need the power of a star or for that matter that of a black hole to do so.

Any thoughts?

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by 19KTankCommander

never mind

2nd______________

edit on 1/7/2013 by maryhinge because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kashai

Originally posted by hisshadow

E=mc2 depends upon mass so if you have a object made of Plutonium about 10X10 inches you get a response under the correct circumstances, that the result of a fission reaction.

Electron are known in theory to travel backwards in time they do not need the power of a star or for that matter that of a black hole to do so.

Any thoughts?

Yes. Electrons travel forward in time. Positrons (the antimatter counterpart of electrons) are regarded by some physicists as electrons that travel backwards in time.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   
What about that guy who is building the laser array as a time machine?

The idea was, as best as I can determine, to create a closed loop in space-time using many lasers arranged in a cylinder shape. Then the idea was to send particles through at the speed of light and faster. Theoretically they vanish and pop up in the same place in the past

So, his future self could possibly send info to his present self. Reverse time travel! But he can only go back to the point in which the machine was turned on.

Any updates on that guy's work? That is a few years old now.

Also, I think time travel may be possible. I am not convinced we understand the nature of reality at all. For instance, I truly believe that in my original time line I have already died and I am currently in "hell".

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Since I moved cities, over a year ago...i notice coincidences every day. Things that have never happened before on such a daily basis.
I had up until recently though that some kind of unconscious esp was possibly the cause...but it struck me today that possibly it is more to do with unconscious precognition.
The main issues I am talking about are during trivial conversations, I will say a word and within a a split second, somone on the TV will say the same word. Now im not meaning regular words like "and" or "that" or "the" but words that are not in common use, so it catches your attention when the TV repeats exactly what you just said..

These coincidences dont just happen with the TV either but also outside with people...but I notice it more often with the TV and it happens usually a few times daily.

I now suspect this unconscious linking or synchronicity...may have more to do with being able to access future information ahead of time. just a second or so ahead of time, but still, this is significant because if you can get information from even a second into the future, that would mean that what happens now has already been recorded..or planned.

I then remembered Dean Radin did an experiment with flash cards, to see if participants could unconsciously detect what would be on the next card...either a pleasant image or a unpleasant one..and he had people hooked up to eeg's and heart rate monitors..and apparently unconsciously their physiology changed just before a card would be shown.

So I am leaning to believe that the future, at least the immediate future is already set in advance, it's the only explanation if we can access information from it, even if that's in our unconscious..

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by TheBlackHat

The human mind processes something like one trillion bits of information per second. It is an insane number.
We also strive for prediction. I would think it is some survival mechanism.

Most of this processing is done at the subconscious level. It stands to reason that we are quite good at predicting immediate outcomes even if we are unaware it is happening. That being said, there have been successful experiments done showing that a person's physiology changes seconds before random stimuli occur. It is weird, to be sure.

Just one of the many reasons I feel we may live inside a computer program of sorts.

Those brains of ours probably create the reality we perceive.
What does this have to do with time travel? I am not sure. But it fits in there somewhere.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
To travel in time, one needs to change the definition of time. What we perceive as linear time is only the most likely quantum progression of everything.

Using this definition, time is no longer an independent dimension like length, width, and breadth but is more of a constant in the quantum equation. Using the same constant with varying other parts of an equation with produce data sets (moments in time) that relate to one another. If the constant was increased by 1 unit the resulting data set would be similar to the first set yet have a systemic discrepancy unique to said constant. Still here? Good.

Think now of that constant as a 3d space. When you move on the x axis in a positive direction that is forward time motion, negative direction is backward time motion. Movement along the z axis is then movement to parallel realities . As for the y axis, perhaps some other concept that mankind can't grasp or just more parallels.

Does it make sense?
The terms used are inadequate to describe this thought. The term equation is used in the general sense and not a 'real' math operation

As for the OP, I would go to the Library at Alexandria (pre-destruction) with a photocopier and a return time machine. Oh the information and histories that man stole from himself then...

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   
To "travel" into the past, one would have to re-create a universe that has evolved up to the time you "traveled" to. For example, if I wanted to go to 1955, I would need to create a universe that is exactly like our universe but only has evolved until 1955.

Eventually computer technology will be so powerful that they will be able to generate "virtual" universes, thus allowing time travel to the virtual past. No wonder we haven't met anyone from the future, because they traveled to a virtual universe instead of our timeline.

If the multiverse theory is right, then where would all the universes fit into?
edit on 8/2/2013 by ninjadan9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by 19KTankCommander
I know this something probably we have all thought of at one point and time in our lives.

I have been doing some reading and watched a few shows like accient alliens, which got me thinking, in the past we as a human race have document mentions of time travelers, for example the latest one is the Charlie Chaplin time traveler talking on the cell phone, but it don't stop there, in the bible you have the Profit Ezekiel talking about his sight which can be inturpitiud as seeing a chanook Helocopter. Or the Myans with the doorway carvered into the face of a mountain which is to be a time portal.

Also we have heard that space travel is a form of time travel or they fold or bend space, use worm holes ect.

I guess we can all find a story related to time travel which I would like to read and hear from you all. So with a two part question next have fun.

1. What other time travelers do we know about.

2. If you could go back in time were would you go and when, you can only take two things with you and what would they be.

Have fun looking foward to what you all have to say on this topic.

I'm going back to talk with Rosa Parks. I will be going back to November 30, 1955 and will stop by her house to tell her that the very next day she will be forced to give up her bus seat. I will tell her not to do it, that if she refuses she will help all black people across the nation. If I am successful she will not give up her seat. Unfortunately, the only knowledge you will ever have that she had originally given up that seat was from me. But I will change the past. When I return, it will seem to all of you as though I never actually left at all. I'm going now.

Ok, I'm back. I checked history and see that she did listen to me and the future has changed for the better.

edit on 2-8-2013 by Fromabove because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Time Travel is a fun subject. Tomorrow I would say I would go back to this moment in time and write this for me. Waiting...
I never showed, guess I'll do it myself. My time travelling story is that of a foodie. I want to go back and taste different species. Wooly Bully, So I'd bring a saute pan and a lighter to prehistoric times.

A friend of mine is a historian. His story is much more interesting then me. His future self came in and explained he needed to take over this post...

The world is about the change. Final Judgement is not bourne from Religion, it is born of Science. It takes a single year for the development of the warp engine. Vulcans never showed. We did. No spoilers. Just facts. If you travel away from a point to any point faster then it takes energy to arrive there you get a direct view of the events that transpired when the energy arrives. Travelling 2000 lightyears away at warp 1, then warping back the sensor data reveals the Truth. The rest is up to you, humanity. Love to my mother! K.J.K. 2022.1

Ass can time travel and still doesn't have time to get his own ATS account. I need to lie down.

edit on 20/8/2013 by FryEvans because: Font

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by 19KTankCommander
1. What other time travelers do we know about.

I think the best candidates for time travelers that we know about are the "strangers" at Jesus's tomb, met by Mary Magdalene and Jesus's cousin Salome. They are described as essentially humans, but dressed very unusually. Perfect target for time travelers. These were physical time travelers.

Right after that, I would have to say that the most likely candidate for being a time traveler (although a mental traveler and not a physical one), would be the guy who shot Louisiana Governor Huey "Kingfish" Long on 9/8/1935. The assassin in this reality was a young Jewish doctor named Carl Weiss. In another scenario, he was the body used by psychic Jewish time traveler who returned via Weiss's body to 1935 and stopped Long from becoming the isolationist President who stopped the U.S. from entering WWII until the Nazis developed the atomic bomb. Fortunately, in that timeline, the Nazis also developed time travel, so someone was able to put the timeline right.

And I guess we can count the "aliens" that crashed at Roswell as time travelers, too, although they probably weren't technically human beings but rather biological robots sent into the past to monitor nuclear weapons and radar development in the late 1940's.

Anyway, timeline incursions have happened periodically over the years, creating odd divergences. I suspect that significant timeline changes were made in 1950-1951, 1958, 1967, 1974, 1983, and possibly 1998 and 2003, with smaller more observational and less interventional incursions happening even more frequently than that.

edit on 20-8-2013 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by geo1066

Originally posted by ChuckNasty
Not possible. You can slow down current time, but you cannot go back further than now.

I have always heard this but haven't ever seen a link as to why this is so. I would think the opposite would be true

My feeble understanding is that a place in time, and time being a relative term, is nothing but an image of light. If you were accelerating fast enough, yes, you would be observing that one image of light for a longer amount of time- cyclical time that is. Now if you could accelerate to the same speed as that one image of light, you would in essence, stopping time. This is where I 'no comprende'. If you where able to surpass that image, wouldn't you be seeing the previous image of light hence being able to see in the past?

As for the future, that image of light hasn't been conceived yet, so how would you be able to travel into a future? I understand that there's different concepts of time, cyclical, dimensional and physical and without getting to in depth and giving myself a headache, my above understanding takes in effect all three of these concepts.

Thanks in advance for any 'simple understanding' that you may be able to give me - geo

Time is relative to motion and velocity to the galaxy and gravitational effects from the sun not from the effects of light, it's all in motion and velocity, your size is also relative, the bigger you are the slower time will be, imagine you and an ant on a carousel spinning around, the ride is going to be a lot faster and longer for the ant than it is for you and the ants perception of time will pass a lot more quickly than yours, the farther you get away from a large mass the slower time will pass as well!

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by geo1066
reply to post by LocalGenius

See, this is what I don't get so please bear with me -

Now traveling at the speed of light would be that you are basically "freeze framing" that sole image of light patterns which were produced at a specific point in time, which would be considered in 'cyclical time'. Just for definitional purposes 'cyclical time' is a manmade term representing our second by second, minute by minute, hour by hour, day by day, etc., concept of the speed of light...
( Here comes my headache! )
...Now presently you have, what could be considered, stopped time. So, if we could 'put the pedal to the metal' so to speak and surpass that pattern of light, wouldn't it stand to reason that the very next pattern of light would be the pattern preceding?
While you're cruising along catching up with each previous pattern of light, you would be seeing the past related to the given point of where you started.
( This is where my thought patterns really get jumbled..)
All the while this is going on, you would be in your own little bubble of cyclical time because you are still producing patterns of light which are now taking off into the neither. This, I would think, would be a separate time line or dimension of time.
Physically you couldn't do this because of our 'properties of physical laws' in relationship to gravity, i.e.- we'd get ripped apart, but .....................(blank)...................

It has nothing to do with light it is your speed that makes you perceive time slower, it doesn't matter how fast YOU go, it's still only your perception, it's the motion and velocity of the universe that you are perceiving!

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by 1nf1del

Actually perception of the passage of time is probably a chemical dominated process of transporting information around the brain of the subject. Some animals perceive time at a much slower pace than us, and others much faster, it has not real resemblance on your physical size... not on the scale of ants and people.

I saw a great documentary on the subject and talked about the most common one which is the housefly. That its perception of time is like slow motion compared to us, because it perceives time at a much faster rate. Ants may perceive time progressing like that of a fly, like we are all moving around very slowly.

The documentary gave an example of a controlled explosion during the demolition of a cooling tower. They showed that for birds and for wildlife that perceives time at a speed similar or faster to us, they would be aware of the explosion and avoid it if it posed a threat. For creatures who perceive time slower to us, they might not be fully aware that it has happened at all, and an object landing near to them would not at all seem unusual or be cause for avoidance.
edit on 21-8-2013 by ErosA433 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join