It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mainstream News Outlets Have started Attacking Alex Jones & Conspiracy theorists, An Staged Event?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

If a person tells lies, then they are a liar. You can cut it what way you like, you can call it sensationalism, you can call Jones one of the good 'ol boys, you can say "well everybody lies, it's all about waking people up", you can compare him to the MSM, you can rationalize it all you want, in the end the man is a liar.

What I continually see in discussions concerning Jones' honesty is this dualistic, polarized rhetoric. People love him, or people hate him, good vs evil, liberal vs conservative, Jones vs the MSM, right wrong, black white, blah blah blah blah blah blah.

I don't give a toss about Jones, but the man tells lies, and you are either aware of that or you are in denial.

edit on 20-4-2013 by seabhac-rua because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by seabhac-rua

I'd say the black and white 'it absolutely IS this way or you just don't get it' approach is why it's increasingly difficult to find discussion these days. You can say Alex Jones simply is a liar and it's that simple. Nothing more to it and nothing more to see here......

Or..

We can all accept that life is almost NEVER that simple and basic to hang our hats on and call a done deal. If Jones is a liar ...that's a fair opinion...but then so are the professionals at every single media outlet I'm personally aware of in Print or Broadcast, anywhere in the world. Not all may be, but I'm unaware of those who aren't ...by that criteria.

Indifference to the truth for the effort it takes to get at it IS, in all fairness, telling a lie by willful omission of information. HOW Willful though? If Jones KNOWS the truth and says something else anyway? Then I'll say he's 100% a liar in every sense. However, when what he says is wrong simply because he isn't putting hours into every story?

He isn't lying. He's riding the average for what passes for journalism and investigation these days. Certainly nothing above average, but not really below it either. He's about middle of the pack for that, with a much louder voice than most across a more diverse selection of topics than almost all others.

edit on 20-4-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   

For a man like Jones, with his audience, his manner, and the subject matter he deals with, to unknowingly disseminate untruths is a bit hard for me to swallow.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by seabhac-rua

Again, you make a fair point but then I'd ask you this and without a trace of sarcasm in it.

Given the topics, overall subject matter and source material people like Alex Jones is forced to deal with just to report the subjects that have no evidence or proof much of the time, where is the line between Good Faith effort and lying by design?

When the very nature of the subject makes proof to a certainty outright impossible, doesn't degree of honesty become subjective and a matter of our individual judgement to take for sources on a case by case?

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

I have a black military style backpack, that I use for carrying my gear when I collect fossils.

Does that make me a terrorist? Why is it that it has to be a black backpack that matters? I would think people get the color of backpack that they find appealing.

I got the backpack I did because I like black. I bought the style for the amount of stuff it can hold in numerous different compartments. It is likely the bombers bought the backpacks they did because they suited their needs and the color was just because it was pleasing to the eye or that was the only color available.

Raist

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
But you keep mentioning we and us
and I have the impression you're including of some friends at
the bingo parlor. Could you explain ?

Brilliance !

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

According to you.

-USS Liberty Attack By Israel in order to frame Egypt to start a war with them. Was not an Conspiracy.

According to me?

I thought we were talking about Alex Jones?

Why bring Israel into this?

You do know you can make ANYTHING into a Conspiracy.

Maybe you're actually a CIA Agent with a lousy CIA Agents name........

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rocker2013

There are enough real conspiracies in the world, with real evidence and facts to back them up, but people here are so quick to call anything and everything a conspiracy and even manipulating the truth to fit their ideas in the most extreme ways.

See, these are the kind of posts that put it all into Perspective.

Star for being Honest, and truthful.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Yes, I agree.

But say that to Jones, he never states that he may have the facts wrong, quite the opposite actually, yes, and then there are these ever present 'documents to prove it' he has, but they are rarely subject to scrutiny. Documents, for example, that show how the government are creating more gay people in an effort to reduce the population....I mean seriously!

I know it's been referred to all the time on here but....Y2K and Jones' grossly irresponsible 'reportage' of that event, explain that to me in terms of honesty? What about his 'clockwork elves' tirade?

Honesty, no matter how subjective, is not a word I would associate with Jones.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Here's the problem I have with the whole senario:

Watch the video carefully of the two suspects walking down the footpath.

1. The older brother is carrying a black backpack that appears almost empty.

2. The younger brother is carrying a light grey backpack.

3. Scene of crime no 1: One blown up black backpack.

4. Scene of crime no 2: Video taken moment before explosion. Very large package of a white (plastic?) bag with something light brown/tan inside it placed next to garbage bin explodes. This package was way too large to fit in any suspect's backpacks.

5. No light grey backpack was found at either crime scene.

6. Where are the photos or video showing either suspect making a drop at either crime scene?

7. If Tamerlan Tsarnaev was well known to FBI and interviewed back in 2011, why did FBI officially name him as Mike Mulugeta and his brother Dzhokhar Tsarnaev as Sunil Trpathi in the first place?

8. Photo has now gone viral of Tamerlan's deceased body. He clearly shows 3 bullet wounds and a long deep laceration under his left rib cage. This laceration is not caused by explosives nor could it be caused by him being run over by his brother.

9. Photo of Dzhokhar getting in or out of the boat clearly shows no injuries at all. He allegedly sustained severe injuries at Boston University.

Can someone clear this up for me?

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I sum AJ up as this. At one time I think he might have been looking for the truth and wanted to get information out to people. He might not have been right all the time but he was giving it his best to let people understand his opinion. I was once an AJ fan and admittedly though quite embarrassingly subscribed to his sites for a year.

That was many years ago though. Since then I have noticed that AJ really does not spread truth so much as he spreads fear. He harps on about things that never happen and quite honestly I do not believe they will happen, at least not in the manner he professes they will.

I think AJ lost sight of what he wanted to deliver to people and now only looks to make a profit. He sells fear and paranoia to people. Instead of seeking the truth he seeks the dollar. I have nothing against trying to make money and earn a living. However, I do have issue and refuse to support those who sell out for the dollar and drop their standards for the dollar.

At one time AJ was doing a good job, but that was early on. If anything he helped to change my view in that I am less conspiracy minded than I was when I first joined ATS. No longer does a conspiracy lie around every corner on almost every story coming to ATS. No longer do I sit in a paranoid mind frame.

Call me jaded or a sheep or what ever you choose. I have come to realize that sometimes the world does have bad people who do bad things that do not work for the government. I am not saying I trust the government, I think they are all crooks who sell each and everyone of us out just so they can fill their own pockets with dollars. The truth is though they are not going to send us to FEMA camps. They cannot make money if they do that. They make us slaves in a different way. They make it so that we cannot escape working while draining every dollar we make.

They will at some point get most of the firearms away from us though. But it will not be an outright ban or taking them from us. No, they will be handed over freely within a few generations. I would say within my grandkids lives this will happen (I am 37 with a 6 year old son). Looking at how many young view firearms today I see they look at them with fear and suspicion. They are taught this through propaganda and the anti-second Amendment groups. They will also see a strict loss of their first Amendment rights as the PC garbage is moved in and everything will be viewed in the manner of hate speech or as anti-government. The Constitution will be crushed within a few more generations. Sure there will be some who will fight to get it back but they will be seen as terrorists in the future and turned in by their neighbors.

If anything the world in the future will be a mix of 1984 and A Brave New World. People will work from an early age until death. There will be no time for recreation aside from the mind numbing drivel that fills peoples heads with garbage and makes the stupid. Of course I think the movie Idiocracy will also be a part of the world in the future.

This all happens because people have become enamored with politicians and their lies. People believe that one party is better than the other when they are a part of the same coin. Both sides want nothing more than to fill their own pockets at the cost of each and every one of us. They are thieves and liars. Politicians have become rock stars to both love and hate. Fear is placed on people so that when something happens you hear people saying we should kill and destroy.

AJ is nothing more than a celebrity now. He like those he speaks out against have sold out on their ideology for the dollar. The no longer stand for anything, their support goes to the highest bidder.

Take the words of AJ and the words of the rest of the media and add them together in a big pot and some where within you might find a bit of the truth.

Raist

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5

9. Photo of Dzhokhar getting in or out of the boat clearly shows no injuries at all. He allegedly sustained severe injuries at Boston University.

Can someone clear this up for me?

He killed more than one cop, some civilians, and injured even more. I think his injuries the received "at another time" happened when he was taken into custody as law enforcement decided to add a bit of rough handling punishment to him.

Raist

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I used to be a big supporter of AJ. I purchased all of his videos and recorded his podcast daily. You have to keep asking yourself, why, doesn't the elite take this guy out if he is such a thorn in their side. AJ's answer is that he is too visible a celebrity. My opinion is that he serves them. All of what Jones puts on the table is material that would otherwise appear on other web sites. Jones is a carnival barker for the conspiracy movement but working for the elite. He is controlled and puts the right spin on events that minimizes collateral damage to the NWO. His sensationalist antics are designed to detract from his legitimacy. As an example, look at the video clip of him on a rampage against Piers Morgan over gun control. AJ made people wonder if he has any credibility.
Jones is the training wheels for people who are waking up to the NWO and are beginning to peer into the rabbit hole. My criticism of Jones is that he refuses to utter the word Zionist. Instead he uses euphemisms like "bankers" or elitists or "globalists".
Bear in mind, evil has no ethnic, religious or racial boundaries; it exists throughout all stratas of society irregardless of race, religion or color. Furthermore not all zionists are jews and certainly there are many jews who are anti-zionist and many who do sympathize with zionism do so through manipulation.
You are witnessing an evil that is emerging on such a scale that it will eclipse any atrocities that has ever been perpetrated in our history. To understand the zionist mindset you need to look no farther than the Protocols of the Learned Elders of Zion. Study these and see if there is any co-relation to events that are occurring today. Take a look at the Talmud. It states that Jews were meant to rule over goyim like cattle. Read what it says about the fate of non jews and Christ.
In closing, Jones takes you so far into the rabbit hole but no farther. You need to go beyond Jones. The problem with evil on a massive scale, a scale that encompasses all of humanity, with the momentum needed to create a NWO is that it needs to be funded and needs to be organized. No other group in the world has the organization and power that the zionists have. I am convinced that there are biblical and supernatural elements to what is coming. In the bible Christ is confronted by Satan the prince or god of this planet and promised anything in return for his loyalty and servitude. Those that serve Satan are rewarded with great wealth and success in this world. I refer you to this as it will be sure to challenge your beliefs. I don't ask you to accept it, but ask yourself if it helps connect the dots.
www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   
What they should be calling him out for is for playing up accusations that an innocent civilian was responsible for the bombings.

That is shameful, is liable, and is the LOWEST form of journalism.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Raist

Allegedly that is.

Can you answer the 9 questions? Can anyone?

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

You can say allegedly, but it is like this.

If it were done by the government as some sort of project to remove rights they are not going to have the cops know what is taking place either. They will be led to believe the same as the public. You cannot have a great number of people knowing your plans. The police roughed the guy up because they believe what was reported to them which is the same that was reported to us.

As for my opinion on the subject of the bombers? Too much happened and too many people would be involved for it to be staged. Do I believe the government had foreknowledge that something was going to happen? Of course I do. I believe they let things slip through from time to time to tighten laws down on people. They are not going to send us off to FEMA camps though or take our guns tomorrow or even next year (see my post just a few above this one). They need us out working so they can steal out money, we are willingly working slaves. The masses are fed sports, stars, and reality TV, as well as face book, twitter, and other social media. Talk to co-workers or family all they talk about is the stupid crap that fills their minds.

I do not believe this guy is a patsy I believe he put out bombs. I also believe the FBI knew an attack was coming. You cannot limit rights and pass laws without events taking place. You cannot be directly involved in such events or you will be found out. How to do you get the events that you need? There are always crazy people willing and wanting to do them so you let them. If you let them do the attacks it falls on them and at worst you slipped up and that can be fixed by passing more laws.

Raist

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Raist

I'm still waiting for my 9 answers. I'd be happy if anyone can answer a few of them.

As for that large area of Boston they went from house to house....I've just learned right now they entered homes going through people's stuff looking for arms (which they took) and had sniffer dogs looking for illegal substances. Those that did'nt comply got a gun thrust in their faces. They were clearly not looking for the suspect inside these homes.
edit on 20-4-2013 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
I've just learned right now they entered homes going through people's stuff looking for arms (which they took) and had sniffer dogs looking for illegal substances. Those that did'nt comply got a gun thrust in their faces. They were clearly not looking for the suspect inside these homes.

Source please?

Thanks.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

I could agree that if indeed what you say is true they were not simply looking for one guy. For one I would not have let them in my home. I have my own protection I rely on, no need for them to show up.

I was simply answering why when he was climbing out of the boat he looked like he had no injuries yet had to be taken to the hospital.

Really I am looking at both sides with how they did the search. They went from home to home and locked things down (which I do not agree with), however they asked if people wanted them to search their homes. People freely let them in. At the same time people were free to move about they just had no form of public transportation and were at risk of being shot if they looked suspicious (which is very likely with cops that have been on duty for 18+ hours).

Raist

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

I can't give you the source but I have traced the contents to a FB page "Aallia".

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join