It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gas Well Leaks Near Denton Airport Texas Evacuations

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
www.nbcdfw.com...

Thr Denton airport has been closed and is being evacuated as we speak. It is a gas leak I believe. Could it be a connection to yesterdays blasts? Could it have damaged infrastructure. I doubt this is the last we here of this.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Onami

S&F!
Ty for catching this
hopefully nothing comes of it!
Enough crazy-ness for the week (wishful thinking)

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I used to live in Denton County. The Denton airport is a long way away from the blast in West....but then again, it was a very strong blast, wasn't it?

Gas wells do tend to leak from time to time, and the smell is unmistakable. Due to the hazard of explosions, closing down the airport is the safe thing to do.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
They have closed the airspace above.

What a real jumpy week!

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
hey, it's Texas....the state and local governments doesn't care, you think they will do anything about this?....the people are on their own, no regulation or inspection needed it's just the cost of doing business.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Ty for posting! S&F... I live maybe 4 miles from the airport as the crow flies. I was wondering why I have seen so many small aircraft today...

Funny, I mentioned to the little lady yesterday how I have been noticing a ton of small aircraft activity in the last week or so... Just not normal for my skies & I watch all the time.

As to the connection to the blast in West, that is a long shot. West is about the half way point from Denton to Austin. We stop there everytime we go to Austin. German settlement and has the best Strudle & baked goods at the place we always stop at... My dogs acted strange about the time of the blast I just took it as thunder as a storm was rollin thru. Though I have heard reports that it was felt in Abilene & that is a long way from West, I just don't see how the blast could really be the cause here...

Stranger things have happened.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I was thinking that maybe shockwaves could have travelled through the pipes or something like that but it's just a thought.

More than likely old pipes but it caught my eye as noteworthy after yesterdays events.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Onami

Seems it is a Natural Gas Well... The blast was im thinking near the south and east edge of the Barnett Shale, the Airport is on the north edge of the Barnett Shale, and... Was measured on sisemographs (sp?)...
Like I said stranger things have happened

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
This line gets me

Authorities on scene said they were not concerned about explosions due to the gas leak.

Just like how the West Fertilizer Co. reported to the EPA there was no risk of fire and worst case scenario was 10min release of harmless gas.

Like the Puscifer avatar btw.
edit on 19-4-2013 by toolstarr because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by toolstarr

Ahhhhh thank you.... I've admired you avi too in a few threads... Lol a little avi envy almost

No risk of explosion but lets go ahead stop anything from flying near it....
Nothing to see... Only thing on the local news is Boston, a little West, more Boston, and not one mention of a local airport closure due to Natural gas leaking from a relativly new multistage plug & perf frac job increasing underground preassures to unbelieveable numbers, they pump millions thats right millions of pounds of sand or "propants" into those fissures... All that energy has to go somewhere... This is Texas, the explosion will likely start with... "Here... Hold my beer & watch this!"

All hail Maynard, a rear naked choke on a fan while screaming into the mic never missing a note

top topics

join