It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taking your children away.... slowly.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Now you have to see this as I do and I guess some of you will but to those who don't, well... you'll be seeing less of your children as they slowly become more aclimatized/programmed to do what the Nazi's had planned!!

news.sky.com...

some of the story:

England's schoolchildren should have shorter holidays and spend more time in the classroom, Michael Gove has declared.

The Education Secretary called for longer school days and term times, warning that the current system is out of date and fit for the agricultural economy of the 19th century.

Mr Gove said pupils are at a "significant handicap" compared to youngsters in East Asian nations, who benefit from extra tuition and support from teachers.

"We've noticed in Hong Kong and Singapore and other East Asian nations that expectations of mathematical knowledge or of scientific knowledge at every stage are more demanding than in this country," he told a Spectator conference in central London.

Mr Gove says it will be best for the children to learn more and get more help in subjects but in reality he means 'your children will be programmed and taught to only listen to the Teachers and work hard'.... If you have children, you will see less and less of them.... they will become robots very early in life, not to mention be under more pressure!!

Wont be long before the chips are in, pills are popped and the whips are out.

READ BETWEEN THE LINES
edit on 18-4-2013 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

edit on Thu Apr 18 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: added EX tags IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

edit on 18-4-2013 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: more appropriate subject line

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

says it all really...

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

Good point. Wish I had thought of posting the video.

Only thing is though, those kids will be on the 'calm' pills and chipped to obey.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I'm not a big fan of the Public School System but this hardly seems like a NAZI Agenda.

I have always said that kids have too many holidays and their hours are too short to learn anything whatsoever. Asian schools on the other hand have the students close to their hips. 7:30am-5:30pm...short break and then to private schooling for another 4-5 hrs...every day including Saturdays.

The holidays? Almost non-existent. 2 Weeks at Christmas, Easter, 2-4 days off a Month for holidays and teachers meetings etc. Oh...2 Months in Summer? Never happens and many Asian kids I've met over there look starry eyed when I mentioned this topic.

Back on track...I think you are reading a little too much between the lines here and that's coming from an avid between-the-line reader...

Peace

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Do you think so?

Maybe I am but I feel this is going to be taking more rights away from parents!! Orweilian Society may have been more appropriate.

I'm not a parent myself but just thought I'd post this thread and see the re-action....

dont forget that children will be chipped too and be like robots from an early age!!

I think its good to see children with their parents during holidays.. maybe some parents dont want to see their children much and would rather work!!

Besides, there are less and less jobs out there and more people unemployed... what exactly will these children be doing when they finish school with higher grades?? (If they get higher grades)

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist
reply to post by jude11

Do you think so?

Maybe I am but I feel this is going to be taking more rights away from parents!! Orweilian Society may have been more appropriate.

I'm not a parent myself but just thought I'd post this thread and see the re-action....

dont forget that children will be chipped too and be like robots from an early age!!

I think its good to see children with their parents during holidays.. maybe some parents dont want to see their children much and would rather work!!

Besides, there are less and less jobs out there and more people unemployed... what exactly will these children be doing when they finish school with higher grades?? (If they get higher grades)

Another thing I've always said: "Home Schooling".

Peace

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   

If parents work, they are accused of not wanting to spend time with there kids, if they don't they are accused of being lazy and leeching of the system.
edit on 18-4-2013 by calstorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Meh

All the school hrs in the world wont mean a damn thing if Education isn't valued in society. Asian success is a social thing, if anything the overzealous hrs and lack of vacation distracts from Asian kids doing better in school.... these are kids that do intelligent things when given spare time because being smart is cool, while overall the population might test higher they probably limit genius via lack of spare time to pursue "gifts"

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
1. The state already owns your children, you are the "guardian." So the state has the right to treat its property as it sees fit, so if the state decides that it wants your children for more hours then you have them, it is well within its rights to do so. If the State wants the school to resemble a prison, it is well within its rights. If the state wants to strip search your children in school, it is well with its rights.

2. When is the tired and rotted out argument about "competing" with Asian students in math and science going to end? This argument is nearly 30 years old, 30!!!!! For 30 years the state has claimed it is doing a poor job of educating their wards in "math and science" and yet, 30 years later they still claim it - seems they are doing it on purpose because that kind of incompetence is simply not possible.

3. If you were told, unequivocally, that educating YOUR children was solely, 100 percent YOUR responsibility, and the State wasn't going to spend one dime or help you in any way shape or form: would you still have children?

Again. If you had to educate your children, though self effort, money etc. would you still have children, or do you have children simply because you know the State will do the job? If you rely on the State, then you really have no right to complain - see number 1 above.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Well at least we don't have to worry about this here in the states.

Our school system is so underfunded. Evrything is obsolete and the buildings are hazards.

Yeah, we build a few, but by the time they are done ten more need repairs for every one built.

The classrooms are overcrowded, 30 1st grade students are too much for one teacher. There is no way that the teacher can spend one on one time with every student.

Now with Michelle Obama running the lunch guidelines all the kids come home starving. My daughter can't afford to lose any weight.

But anyways I could ramble on about the school system here forever.

I have three children. Two of which live with me. I do not and will not support a longer school day.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by penninja

Well said. In the U.S. the culture for most is leaning towards "being smart isn't cool" and it's paying its tole on our children. Not to mention the entire Educational system isn't funded well enough and they work to hard on improving test scores as opposed to actually learning.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 04:12 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure David Icke would agree.... I recently watched a seminar of his on youtube (last year in London) and he pretty much said that Schooling pretty much deadens the right side of the brain and everything is geared towards the left side of the brain (Business, Money, Power etc etc...). Right side of the brain is for Free Thinking and Creation)..

many of you have noticed I'm sure over the last couple decades, businesses pretty much running 24 hours/7 days a week = pressure = longer hours = less time as a family unit = family break-ups = broken society.

Not only this but does longer hours in school actually produce a better Society? I'm pretty sure those workers in China who are made to slave away in factories would dis-agree.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Haven't read any replies but what on earth is this?
MORE school? In eastern europe we get 3 months summer holidays, but then-we need it.
The problem is somewhere else. Like most asians/eastern europeans want a good future maybe? I've lived in both places and in UK, it always surprised me how there were nearly all immigrants like me in the top set.
Just sharing thoughts by the way.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

That was going to be my response as well. Homeschooling has been one of the best decisions that I have ever made. I have been homeschooling for the past semester and it has been a wonderful experience.
Some states are easier to homeschool in than others, but many have the state curriculum available in an online form or something. I am able to classically teach my son where I live, I don't even need to use the state sponsered curriculum. I keep his standards at and above the classical levels, which means he is reading "Stuart Little", "James and the Giant Peach" and the original Winnie the Pooh, "The House at Pooh Corner". He moved from reading 4 sentence books to finishing these off like they were candy. He is also ahead of the curve in math. He is a first grader. Our relationship has improved as well as his attitude. So many positive things can come from homeschooling that I will advocate the idea to anyone. I understand it is not always possible either, but you might be surprised. It is very rewarding to teach my son myself, and yes pay for it out of my own pocket. You would be amazed at how many free materials are available online.

If we remove our kids from the state's hands to begin with it wouldn't be as much of a worry. In my home it has produced the best possible results. Higher grades coming from higher expectations, as well as the bonus of all the one on one time he could need, he only has one brother to share my time during the day with. It also leaves us the freedom to spend more time out of the "classroom" and let him learn in unique ways the enhance his own strengths and talents. It's a win win situation.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
crazy

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 05:37 AM
link   
To be honest I'm more in favour of this than against. As a lone parent who had to work, the looming summer holidays always had me in a panic, lack of affordable childcare meant that I had to furiously juggle my time and I was fortunate because my daughter could come to work with me some times, though very few parents are in that position and taking their children to work is just impossible.

But when you consider that the average full time holiday allowance is 25 days per year (not counting public holidays) and the number of school days per year is 190, that leaves a quite a discrepancy for a parent to cover in terms of childcare.

Furthermore the average school day finishes between 3.15pm and 3.30pm, whilst most full time workers don't finish til 5 or 5.30pm or even later, leaving another gap even on the days they are in school to find childcare until the child is older.

When a child leaves primary education, their day is then split into different subject classes, but in order to fit them all into the school day, each class only lasts for about 40 mins, which is just not long enough for the teacher to deliver the materials and the children to process it. Notably most universities had a 1hr minimum lecture with additional tutorials for each subject, which is far better in terms of the student actually gaining an understanding of the subject, but the current school system just couldn't provide that due to the wide range of subjects they must cover in the allotted time.

So I do believe this is a move forward and will provide children with a greater opportunity to learn valuable subjects at school and if this idea is combined with a more flexible school year, will actually allow parents to spend more time with their children rather than less.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by destination now

Dont you think that this will bring more pressure on children? Instilling the 'study hard, work hard' attitude??

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 07:10 AM
link   

No, I don't think so, in fact looking at the way that educational standards have dropped in the last decade, I think it would actually be a good thing. Of course I'm not saying go back to the days of corporal punishment in schools for any misdemeanour, but sadly the agenda of "childrens rights" has had some rather unfortunate consequences, where in many sections of society there is an element of out of control youth, with no respect for anything and a sense of self-entitlement and the belief that they should be handed everything on a plate without a stroke of effort on their part.

I'm not saying this is true of all young people, I myself have a 19yr old who is very respectful and hard working, but I'm sure you will agree that there is some extremely anti-social behaviour in our communities today.

And why should kids not learn that having a good education and working hard is beneficial, they can't all win X Factor or star in their own reality TV show, so maybe a bit hard work and a more challenging curriculum would do no harm.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by destination now

Thats what I was chatting about earlier when I mentioned about 'Family Breakdown'... this has come from parents working too hard and long hours.... having no time for their children.... this equals broken society.

It wasn't as bad as it is today back in the 70's and 80's because both parents didnt work all hours, usually the mother was at home.

Society got worse during the 90's when the Mother decided that she wanted to work too.

I'm not saying that women should stay at home, i'm just saying that Family was more stable and there weren't as many break-ups or/and divorces. You only need to look at the stats!!

IMO the young need a chance to be young, their brains are still developing and too much pressure on the mind can cause problems
edit on 21-4-2013 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 03:09 AM
link   

I think there is another strand to the breakdown of society as well though, and that is where neither of the parents work, this too has been increasing in the last couple of decades, often with the parents unmarried and not living together, multiple children with different fathers and no one taking any real responsibility for any of them.

As for mothers wanting to work, it is more of a question of having too, my own father died when I was 7, so my mother had to go out to work to support us, no one else was going to and my own marriage broke down when my daughter was a baby, so as a lifetime of benefits didn't appeal to me, I had to work as well.

And I think overall the equality in women being able to leave the home is a positive one, certainly don't want to go back to the days when women were totally dependent on the men in their lives and were then left destitute if their husband became ill, died or left and they did not have the option to go out to work! And that was not too long ago and the only option then for a women with children was the poorhouse..Not such a great environment for children there either.

So whilst I do agree to an extent that children should have the opportunity to be children, when they are living in poverty, which is often the case when parents are not working, they don't get many opportunities then either.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join