It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Longtime lurker finally joined

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Hello ATS,
My name is Jay. I'm 32yrs old, from NW Ohio.
I have been believer in things that can't really be explained.

From a early age I have been told about the abilities of some of my family members, mostly on my father's side.
My father has told me stories of when he was younger about what he called "light dreams" which he explained as preparing to go to sleep and being enveloped in a bright and then being in places he had never been and the feeling someone or something was watching him. During these dreams he says he spoke to people and interacted in them. He also made it a point to state where ever he was taken he remained in what he was wearing before they started. He said at first the beings didn't seem evil or harmful but as they began to happen more he said the they seemed to take a malevolent feel to them. He says he has woken up with injuries he suffered in these "light dreams". He says that was punished as a kid or sneaking out a few times when these incidents occurred. This is confirmed by my grandmother that he was in trouble younger or leaving the middle of the night but claimed to have never left. Finally he says that when he happened to actually end up in places in his dreams the people he talked asked him how he has been and etc. He seems to think aliens are responsible for his experiences which I could agree with but astral projection could also explain it aswell. My mother also confirms that something has happened to my dad.

My mother has some psychic ability she has correctly predicted the pregnancies of my wife, my sister, and my brother's girlfriend and has been about 85% right on the gender of the babies aswell.

Myself I have always been convinced that there is other life out there and preoccupied with space for as long as I can remember. I have some latent psychic ability mostly with my wife. I tend to say what she is thinking and she says even in the way she would've said. I also tend to finish her sentences and vice versia. I am also highly empathic I'll walk into a room and instantly pick up on the mood of the room and take on that mood myself. I will speak to people who are upset, angry and by talking to me there mood is lifted but I feel drained and take on whatever they were feeling. For a long time I just thought that is how everyone was but as I looked into it I found out otherwise.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by jholt5638

Welcome Jay your family sounds very interesting!

Looking forward to your future posts and threads!

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Glad you joined us.
Here's you a welcome cake

Enjoy your stay

-nat

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Hi there! Look forward to hearing more about your thoughts and your experiences!
Welcome aboard

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Glad to have you here...enjoy!

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Nice intro !

Welcome to ATS !!

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Welcome to yet another different family, sounds like you will be making some interesting threads!

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Welcome from a fellow newbie!! Looking forward to hearing more from you.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Hello and welcome!

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   
hi, welcome to the forum. You seem very sensitive, you think that the enviroment could affect you directly, as feeling sick in some places?

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by migueborracho

Yeah defiantly think so, I walk into certain places and I am hit by whatever energy is in there. Take for example the house live in now belonged to my grandparents, both of whom and my great grandmother crossed over in it. It takes alot out of me just to be in it for long periods of time whatever energies/spirits are trying to get my attention. Most of the time I try to block/shield them out, but I am not very good at grounding or shielding. So think there are areas where some sort of energy/spirits like gather and can affect those who sense its presence especially those who just have the ability and really don't know use or control it.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Yea that sure is a strange situation/emotion i can imagine that.
sometimes i dont know if this is a bless or something that we just like to trown away
i think the first choice...

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I think it is a gift because, at least for me because I believe it is tied to the other ability I have which is to basically transfer negative emotions on to myself making them feel better. I think I am suppose to help other with it but I really need someone who has the same ability to help me learn to control it and not feel act like I have to act on those negative feelings. I guess what I mean is that for example if the person is angry that becomes my primary outward emotion, and in my head I know its not my emotion but I have no way to suppress it like my own emotions I have to let it run it course.

So if their is anyone here on ATS that could give me some guidance and or lessons in control I would be grateful.

new topics

top topics

join