It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Explosion Strange Coincidence if Accidental...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Given the Boston Bombings occured just 2 days before this explosion, it seems incredibly coincidental that this explosion occured 2 days before the anniversaries of two events from history-

Waco Seige Ended 19th April 1993

Oklahoma Bombing 19th April 1995

Even more incredible is that almost 66 years to the day, there was a previous Texas Explosion when 2,300 tons of ammonium nitrate exploded killing 581 people-

Texas Explosion, 16th April 1947

With the Boston Bombings coming on Patriot's Day, to commemorate the first battles of the American Revolutionary War, this all seems incredible 'coincidence'.

My heart goes out to all those affected, I hope it turns out this explosion is coincidence and just an accident, at ATS we talk about agendas and 'false flags' etc but deep down we (well at least I do) wish that it all was just 'conspiracy' and we could live in peace without violence and evil at work.

edit on 18-4-2013 by Wonderer2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Wonderer2012

This happened also in CA that piqued my interest as well.

SAN JOSE (CBS SF) - In apparent acts of “sabotage” in the South Bay early Tuesday, someone cut fiber optic cables, knocking out some 911 service, and then fired a rifle at a PG&E substation, Santa Clara County’s sheriff said.

PG&E officials told the sheriff’s office that the substation’s security fence had been breached, at least five transformers had been damaged and that hazardous materials had spilled, Stenderup said. PG&E spokesman JD Guidi said oil had leaked from a transformer bank, but that the leak had been contained.

sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com...

With this and the letters and boston and texas kinda makes you wonder if there is not some kind of coordinated sabotage going on.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wonderer2012
Given the Boston Bombings occured just 2 days before this explosion, it seems incredibly coincidental that this explosion occured 2 days before the anniversaries of two events from history-

Even more incredible is that almost 66 years to the day, there was a previous Texas Explosion when 2,300 tons of ammonium nitrate exploded killing 581 people-

With the Boston Bombings coming on Patriot's Day, to commemorate the first battles of the American Revolutionary War, this all seems incredible 'coincidence'.

My heart goes out to all those affected, I hope it turns out this explosion is coincidence and just an accident, at ATS we talk about agendas and 'false flags' etc but deep down we (well at least I do) wish that it all was just 'conspiracy' and we could live in peace without violence and evil at work.

This accident happened because somebody didn't follow the MSDS on how to contain that specific chemical fire. They added water to an ammonium nitrate fire, and that's a big no no.

edit to add: you can use water, but not a water jet, you have to use a flooding technique, but it can't be exposed to organic material.

Flammability of the Product:
May be combustible at high temperature.
Auto-Ignition Temperature:
300°C (572°F)
Flash Points:
CLOSED CUP: Higher than 93.3°C (200°F).
Flammable Limits:
Not available.
Products of Combustion:
Not available.
Fire Hazards in Presence of Various Substances:
Slightly flammable to flammable in presence of heat, of combustible materials, of organic materials. Non-flammable in
presence of shocks.
Explosion Hazards in Presence of Various Substances:
Risks of explosion of the product in presence of mechanical impact: Not available. Risks of explosion of the product in
presence of static discharge: Not available. Slightly explosive in presence of heat, of combustible materials, of organic
materials, of metals.
Fire Fighting Media and Instructions:
Oxidizing material. Do not use water jet. Use flooding quantities of water. Avoid contact with organic materials.
Special Remarks on Fire Hazards:
Caution: Strong Oxidizer. Contact with material may cause a fire. Contact with combustible or organic materials may cause
fire.
Special Remarks on Explosion Hazards:
It is an oxidizing agent and can self-ignite/detonate when in contact with powdered metals and some organic materials such as
Urea and Acetic Acid.

I'm sure the firefighters weren't aware of this process, and tried to extinguish it with a water jet, hence the explosion. I've worked around chemicals for quite a while, and MSDS are very important when you deal with this, I'm amazed the fire department didn't handle it a little safer, but accidents do happen. Always follow the MSDS, or you may end up dead.

www.sciencelab.com...
edit on 4/18/2013 by eXia7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by eXia7

This accident happened because somebody didn't follow the MSDS on how to contain that specific chemical fire. They added water to an ammonium nitrate fire, and that's a big no no.

Do you know what this flash is as seen from the slow motion capture of the explosion-

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by eXia7

Do you know what this flash is as seen from the slow motion capture of the explosion-

Yes, it's most likely the point where the ammonium nitrate hit it's combustion point, combined with improper fire containment methods. I'm not sure what other types of fertilizers and organic materials they had at that plant, but the entire thing was a potential bomb.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by eXia7

but isn't this a thread about the timing of the explosions...not who or how?

Don't know. Haven't heard about this first explosion...but there might be something to it. Perhaps a certain procedure is done usually around that time of the year? Perhaps some maintenance?

Interesting catch OP...

edit:

sorry...I thought both explosions happened at the same facility...
edit on 18-4-2013 by MarioOnTheFly because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Wouldn't the fire crews in that area KNOW how to properly battle a blaze like that? I doubt they went out there and started using improper technique out of ignorance. Life and death situation for them obviously.

Also, this was very near (Temple, TX) where the veteran was illegally disarmed and arrested (you may have seen the vid) by local yokle cops a few days back. Could this be related to that at all?
edit on 18-4-2013 by Urantia1111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   
That is surely weird with the date coincidences and all.

Thing is about the fire and explosion... ammonium nitrate is produced there in quantity. In the Texas City explosion a fire started in the hold of a barge in dock. The ammonium nitrate was on fire and burning. When that fire reached the ammunition stored in the hold that blew up and threw a huge dust cloud of ammonium nitrate into the air. Then that detonated. Like a grain silo explosion or fuel vapor bomb the ammonium nitrate dust cloud was extremely volatile. Thats your big bada boom.

I am not saying that is what happened here, just that is how such a huge explosion occurred in the Texas City event. Since ammonium nitrate was involved in both cases, it would help to explain the size of the explosion yesterday.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Urantia1111
Wouldn't the fire crews in that area KNOW how to properly battle a blaze like that? I doubt they went out there and started using improper technique out of ignorance. Life and death situation for them obviously.

Also, this was very near (Temple, TX) where the veteran was illegally disarmed and arrested (you may have seen the vid) by local yokle cops a few days back. Could this be related to that at all?
edit on 18-4-2013 by Urantia1111 because: (no reason given)

Perhaps that is true, but in the heat of the moment, some people make mistakes, and when you are dealing with highly combustible materials, one slip up can cause death.. Also with transient fumes of different chemicals, and depending on the wind, the situation was very unstable to begin with.. the entire plant was a potential bomb, with no timer.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
well Temple tx is about 40- 60 miles away so yeah close enough I suppose.

I used to live there and Temple is a good place to hide (if you want to hide and still be "close" to things)

and yes the Fire Department would know all about the MSDS, they are required to run drills for this exact thing for that very reason.

I highly doubt they would run up and start spraying the fire with a nozzle

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   

does anything happen naturally in conspiracy land ?

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I guess there was a drill at North Hills Hospital, good thing, I'm sure they were able to respond much quicker and have all of the necessary equipment on hand, it was billed as the largest emergency preparedness drills in Texas.

North Hills Hospital This Is Only A Drill

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I wonder how much fertilizer was "stolen" just before this was set off. No way to track missing amounts now!

I would say this could be just one of those unfortunate once-in-a-lifetime events had it not been so close to the Boston Marathon bombing.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Can we wait for the fires to be put out and investigators are able to get in there and try to determine the cause of the explosion before we start throwing out baseless junk dressed up as "theories"?

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by usernameconspiracy
Can we wait for the fires to be put out and investigators are able to get in there and try to determine the cause of the explosion before we start throwing out baseless junk dressed up as "theories"?

I absolutely despise this kind of chastisement.

It doesn't matter what they determine the cause might have been. ATS members are throwing out theories as to who and why...........it's what we do.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Not to mention that American Airlines grounded all their flights on the day of the Boston Marathon massacre. The Boston attacks, the ricin attacks, the airlines being grounded, and the Waco explosion. They all happened as a reminder that we are vulnerable and that we need the US government to take away our liberties. These are not coincidences they are a mock reminder of 9/11.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
BBC
a high up Mucky muck just stated the explosive was the same as several blasts we here know as false flags
Oklahoma was one he mentioned
the cops on the ground there at OK said there was more then fertilizer exploding that day

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Not saying this is NK, as they are a puppet.....but its struck me as eerie that the two attacks so far are respectively in order according to the weird propaganda video NK released last week on youtube with the weird guitar riffs in the background. My eye is on California next.

Metropolitan or not, this kind of event just shows nukes aren't needed. Just a sleeper cell to light a fire under a fertilizer plant to evacuate a 30 mile radius. Mind blowing.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Afterthought: I think this incident has casualties in the hundreds and they are holding off on telling us a number and diverting us to Boston again because the numbers will be so alarming. I don't believe for a second this incident was an accident. And I DO think a missile or something caused it to blow. I don't have proof, I just have an instinct that things are moving in a direction I've expected them to for a while now and things are unfolding.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by toastyr

Depending on traffic, North Hills Hospital is a good two hours away. Victims were taken to hospitals MUCH closer (like 15-30 minutes away), and some of those with the worst of burns were sent to Parkland Memorial in Dallas. To connect North Hills to the West explosion based on the timing of the drill alone is idiotic.

I've driven through West many, many times, and I live just a few miles down the road from North Hills. West is a tiny town that was beyond overwhelmed, and having only one major way out of town (I-35) compounded the problem even more. North Hills couldn't handle anything near this because it isn't that amazing of a place. Its not so bad that I won't go there (I've been several times in the past few years), but I can't see it being anywhere near the top of the list for any type of major emergency. I still don't get why they chose to have the drill there, but the open field near the hospital might have provided optimal room for everyone involved.

I fully buy that something isn't right about Boston, but West was just a terrible accident. A fire started and mostly volunteer fire fighters were sent to deal with it. The situation quickly got out of hand and the proximity of the plant to the rest of the town caused even more tragedy. This span of a week or so does always seem to have a lot of weird events, but I wouldn't pin everything that happens as some grand conspiracy. Some times # just happens.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join