It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

THE POWER OF AN IMAGE II: BOSTON...Conditioned responses or modifying behaviors?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I have posted before about how an image can affect the emotional state of person and their attitudes, in this thread about the spin doctors during the riots in Spain. Emotionally charging you with Anger or feelings of taking action...or feelings of disempowerment, apathy and fear!

Below is an interesting image one making the rounds after the Boston Marathon Bombing. If this bombing is discovered to be Domestic Terrorism (and with the way the media is playing it, I would count on it). I am curious if this will now become a typical sight here in Amerika? Will this image incite radicals to insurrection, bring the masses to Revolution or subdue our actions, acclimating us further to this as an everyday occurrence? Who this is pinned on and how it is labeled and then portrayed by the talking heads may very well show the way we are heading...

How do you think you should be conditioned to express your freedom, after hearing these four words?

Show us your papers!

Oh and just a nice little tie in from 4 days ago, North Carolina filed an Arizona style 'Show me Your Papers' Bill!

Hmmm 2 down only 48 left to go...

Nuff said...

edit on 16-4-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   
What If I told them, "I didnt bring my ID today, deal with it officer?"
edit on 16-4-2013 by NotAConsumer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by NotAConsumer

The answer to that question is something we may have to deal with all to soon! But I am betting right now you would be held up to 24hours without a charge...

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   

You would probably be detained, then questioned for a very long period of time.

Guilty until proven innocent, welcome to the New America

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Time to work on my tan cause no tengo, no tengo ID Pig.

Gawd I hate this state now..

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
leaves me with questions,

were the bombs an action in protest of such measures? since we've been on this road for quite a bit now.

or were they placed on purpose to cause and effect more necessary changes to become more "secure"?

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Well knowing the direction the US is going has already taken, youd probably be beaten in the kidneys with riot batons, pepper sprayed, tasered, thrown into a cop car, and while unconscious or unable to resist, drugs are planted on you and youre sent away to a private, for profit prison by a corrupt court system that gets kick backs for sending as many people to prison as possible for whatever reason they can get away with.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
leaves me with questions,

were the bombs an action in protest of such measures? since we've been on this road for quite a bit now.

or were they placed on purpose to cause and effect more necessary changes to become more "secure"?

And there in lies the rub, but ultimately one that doesn't matter...

Regardless of who or why the event WILL be used to further an agenda.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

I normally don't visit this forum, but have now added it to my favorites. No harm in being more aware of all these wild happenings.

Thanks for sharing this. Something to ponder upon for sure.

Peace and love
-nat-
I would be horrified if I were asked to present 'papers,' that seems wrong on a few levels.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Wrong day to come up with such an attitude. I would detain you.

Theres more than one way to answer a question and yours does absolutely nothing for what you think you're entitled to.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Guess I'd be in trouble, I never carry any ID. I usually leave my wallet with license in my purse in my vehicle or at home if I don't need my wallet.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   

TPTB: "yes we know people are forgetful,thats why we would rather just scan the chip in you or have everyone with RealID and the thousands of cameras we intend to have in place will just read your bio,soon"

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Hopefully the answer would be "then you are not getting past this checkpoint"

I'm sorry when does a heightened sense of security after a terrorist attack all of the sudden mean you don't have to follow procedure?

This morning I went to work and I was told I could not park in the visitor parking lot which I knew going in but I tried to anyway. I didn't view that as the location I work for taking away my rights but rather trying to implement a well defined rule that has been established.

Seriously when someone that cries "they took my freedom" can actually come up with a cogent and coherent list of freedoms they have actually lost then I will understand why people feel this way.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
There was a thread about the institution of the real ID card being bogged down in some states. My guess is, we'll see a "real ID or else" with images of the Boston Marathon Bomb green screened - this will seal the deal. With full compliance from the states the new, new, protection scheme will be "you have to have one or else."

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by opethPA

oohhh its for going through a checkpoint, its not my fault if i decide to not have id on me walking in the city or around my neighborhood though.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Soon you will find the definition" of checkpoint "changed to wherever an officer stops a person to ID them....
The freedoms lost are first the right to free unfettered speech....
second the right to peaceful assembly,
third the right to address your representative goverment officials through demonstration....
and last of all, the right to live if the president deems you dont deserve too.....

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by opethPA

I'm sorry when does a heightened sense of security after a terrorist attack all of the sudden mean you don't have to follow procedure?

This morning I went to work and I was told I could not park in the visitor parking lot which I knew going in but I tried to anyway. I didn't view that as the location I work for taking away my rights but rather trying to implement a well defined rule that has been established.

Seriously when someone that cries "they took my freedom" can actually come up with a cogent and coherent list of freedoms they have actually lost then I will understand why people feel this way.

At what point do we stop being at a "Heightened Level" of security? Would you consent to a strip search to get to your job? Little by little the water gets warmer...

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   

...Seriously when someone that cries "they took my freedom" can actually come up with a cogent and coherent list of freedoms they have actually lost then I will understand why people feel this way.

That's pretty interesting you mention that, and you're right it's something we hear all the time.

Right off the bat I thought of one, the 4th Amendment. Everything you do is or can be monitored, all sorts of personal information can be accessed by the government and its security agencies. I did a quick Google search as your topic interested me, I found this website and its information pretty interesting.

Not sure on this particular website's validity though.

Freedom Informant Network

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage

At what point do we stop being at a "Heightened Level" of security? Would you consent to a strip search to get to your job? Little by little the water gets warmer...

Given the fact their was just a terrorist attack 2 days ago it seems pretty logical that we are still and will be for the next few days\weeks a heightened sense of security.

Additionally I work in a hospital and they refused to let a vendor into the main building until he registered and signed in. I see nothing wrong with this, I'm sure someone might.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

Conditioned? Are you crazy?

What would you prefer in a case of a horrible attack like that? That people can waltz in and out of sensitive areas as they please?

What most of you guys actually want would result in anarchy.

Plus you are making the very widespread error of thinking of the usa as the world basically. On other continents people have to regularly show their passports at border crossings and the like.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join