It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

THE POWER OF AN IMAGE II: BOSTON...Conditioned responses or modifying behaviors?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

Reminds me of this with a twist...

First they came for the illegal Aliens,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't an illegal Alien.

Then they came for the Muslims,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Muslim.

Then they came for the Bostonians,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Bostonian.

Then they came for me,
and there was no one left to speak for me.

edit on 23-4-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Conditioned!

Pavlovian America.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by tropic
Conditioned!

Pavlovian America.

FEAR motivates everyone...

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage
reply to post by NavyDoc

Reminds me of this with a twist...

First they came for the illegal Aliens,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't an illegal Alien.

Then they came for the Muslims,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Muslim.

Then they came for the Bostonians,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Bostonian.

Then they came for me,

So you think a sovereign nation enforcing its immigration laws is facism?

Lets extend the logic of your poem.

First they came for the burglers
Then they came for the rapists
then they came for the speeders
and then they'll come for me because I don't understand the difference between a citizen being deprived of his rights and a criminal being prosecuted for breaking the law.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Then they came for me,

and then they'll come for me because I don't understand the difference between a citizen being deprived of his rights and a criminal being prosecuted for breaking the law.

Ah I like what you did there...especially the part where a citizen being deprived of his(or HER) rights and a criminal...Cause your argument would be what? That it wont happen? Or that even 1 violation of the 4th Amendment is ok? Or that Racial Profiling is ok?
So let me add, obviously when these unnecessary bills are passed they will know the difference right? RIGHT???
Meet a US Citizen who will disagree with you...

Yeah I thought so!...WHEW...Good you know the difference!

We already have laws on immigration.

So why do we need another? Hmm what would be the purpose of adding yet another superfluous bill? Hmm?

Perhaps it is sort of like granting emergency powers to a president that are never returned. We are passing restrictions and laws where none are needed for other reasons.

Passing a bill like this is an acclimation of having to show proof of ID.

Where as right now you say HA I don't care if I show my papers because I am not illegal! And you are not a criminal! You are slowly being conditioned to accept that as JUST THE WAY THINGS ARE.

Just like that image you are being conditioned for this to be acceptable and will probably chant USA! USA! USA! as you watch your freedom disappear...

Brush up on the 4th Amendment Doc.

Just remember EVERYTHING the NAZI party did was LEGAL before Hitler took power!

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage

Then they came for me,

Ah I like what you did there...especially the part where a citizen being deprived of his(or HER) rights and a criminal...Cause your argument would be what? That it wont happen? Or that even 1 violation of the 4th Amendment is ok? Or that Racial Profiling is ok?
So let me add, obviously when these unnecessary bills are passed they will know the difference right? RIGHT???
Meet a US Citizen who will disagree with you...

Yeah I thought so!...WHEW...Good you know the difference!

We already have laws on immigration.

So why do we need another? Hmm what would be the purpose of adding yet another superfluous bill? Hmm?

Perhaps it is sort of like granting emergency powers to a president that are never returned. We are passing restrictions and laws where none are needed for other reasons.

Passing a bill like this is an acclimation of having to show proof of ID.

Where as right now you say HA I don't care if I show my papers because I am not illegal! And you are not a criminal! You are slowly being conditioned to accept that as JUST THE WAY THINGS ARE.

Just like that image you are being conditioned for this to be acceptable and will probably chant USA! USA! USA! as you watch your freedom disappear...

Brush up on the 4th Amendment Doc.

Just remember EVERYTHING the NAZI party did was LEGAL before Hitler took power!

But everything everyone does is legal BEFORE they become assholes. Just because we have rules and laws does not follow that laws are an immediate descent into totalitarianism.

I have a problem with checkpoints and DL compliance points as they are searches without probable cause or a warrent, in essence you are being detained by an agent of the state without them having to determine if there is reasonable concern to have done something wrong or not.

However, this law is nothing like that. What this law says, if someone is detained for probable cause of breaking the law, they can determine the true nature of their identity.

From the website you posted: THe title is disngenuous in claiming that it is a "show me your papers" bill. In the body of their own article they state:Under the bill, H.B. 786, police can check the immigration status of anyone they stop or arrest and detain them for “reasonable suspicion.”

The title is intentionally deceptive because people are not being stopped to show their papers. The bill provides to determine legal status of people already arrested or detained for another crime. Being in the country illegally is a criminal act and this bill jsut permits them to determine if they are breaking the law or not. A legal immigrant on visa is required by law...the law that he agrees to when he enters on visa...to carry with and display his credentials on demand. This has always been the law and actually is the law in every western country.

Having laws, does not fascism make and neither does enforcing them. Checking immigration status on somone arrested for a crime does not a "papers please" stop make. Comparing this to nazi Germany is an insult to people who lived under real fascism and people will let real freedom slip away from them while they are chasing the more nonsensical issues.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

You win Doc you are right America is not slowly sliding into a Fascist state.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join