It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man who died in CA blast lived in foil-wrapped home, filmed neighbors

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
That's what bohters me about all this.

I got teased a lot while growing up just because I was different. And then when I got older people asked me "Why're you so tense? Just relax man." Well, it's hard to relax when you grew up not being able to be yourself. But anyway, I've seen that people do not like others if they're different. This experience taught me to not embrace sameness on faith. I don't trust science or institutions just because they're professional or founded on consensus. I'll trust them when I see with my own eyes and my own mind that they're correct. Otherwise, I'll be skeptical. For some reason, I was born into this word to be critical, maybe cynical even. That doesn't mean I'm sane; lol. I probably am somewhat crazy. I don't seek to be like everyone else. I have an aversion to that.

When somebody says they're Jesus, it's easy for me to say they're crazy. But when they say that the government kills people by "pricking", I"m not so sure. How do I they're wrong? For that matter, I recently read a short story in a science fiction book and an islamic "interviewer" was able to infect a musician with a virus to cause cancer. The intent was to express his religious feelings about the secular world. It was a way for him to commit jihand. To do it, he used coc aine and convinced the other person it was safe by administering the drug to himself. A few years later they both died from a rapid growing cancer. The story was named We see things differently by Bruce Sterling.

Point being, I do not know what's possible in the intelligence community. For all I know, "pricking" is possible and they can kill people in ways that appears completely natural.

And even if I know he's crazy, how do I know he's wrong about everything? What if he's right about some of it? Obviously, it's paranoia to take everything seriously, especially when it comes from someone like this that has killed themself and their history is filled with questionable actions. Ultimately, we have to keep a cool head and rely on evidence to guard against going down fruitless paths. But when the evidence is coming from the perpetrator of the crime, what then? The government is hte ultimate enemy because it's expected to be based on consensus and people invest trust in it. If a government is subverted then the whole world is upside down. Very confusing.

Life is not simple like in a video game. There're lots of twists and turns and dead ends. Enemies can be from within. The people you trust most and rely on can be the people who're your enemy.

There's no 100% defense against this. Just live your life best you can.
edit on 16-4-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I'm glad he was free to the end of his life. Too many people want to lock others up. It's disgusting.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ikonoklast
I don't know much about this (yet...), but one thing I do find very strange is that even on a site like ATS, everyone seems to be assuming that he was crazy and that he blew himself up. Maybe he was and maybe he did, but surely there must be at least some slight possibility that someone else blew him up, and that maybe he could have had some reason to be paranoid.

Just sayin'. And mostly because a lot of conspiracy theory people seem to wind up dead under questionable circumstances. Maybe it's the natural end for some. Or maybe not.

I for one would like to know a bit more before reaching a conclusion.

I don't think that you're ever going to know.

I'm not sure that he intentionally blew himself up, but it would be a pretty big stretch to say that he'd been killed -- he had clearly been demonstrating signs of paranoid schizophrenia for a long time, and there seems to be no reason that the CIA, NSA or whoever suddenly had a reason to off him. The problem with discerning what was going on in his head, after the fact, is that the disease makes it impossible to really know.

Here is a video that exemplifies what a person with schizophrenia might experience: What's it like to experience schizophrenic symptoms?. There is a poster on ATS who has this condition and said that the video is a good example.

This is a mental disease, we don't need to "jump the shark" and assume that the government was out to get this guy and succeeded.

He needed help.

He didn't get it.

Please do read his manifesto -- it's what he has left of himself, so it is important to understanding him.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by littled16

Maybe he didn't want any help?

I'm really surprised that, in a nanny state like California, he wasn't involuntarily committed, although until the bombs, he probably was just viewed as a harmless kook. This may well make things hard on other kooks, though, as many will be seen as dangerous, even if they are not.

edit on 16-4-2013 by adjensen because: (no reason given)

Getting anyone committed in calif is just about imposable unless they are a veteran under VA treatment.

The California taxpayers spend more on them in prison then if they had treated them before they were incarcerated.
the biggest treatment centers for them are in the calif prison system.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

That's what he struck me as, too, with the delusions of grandeur to boot. Still, definitely wasn't dumb and definitely was smart. Just a bit mad..maybe more than a bit.

Actually found this video just now where some skateboarders filmed and interviewed him for a few. Said that they were going to make a bigger movie about it but doesn't look like they did: Maybe they still have that footage and are going to do something with it now. vimeo.com...

Also found this, which is actually a pretty funny sequence of events if you work backwards. Apparently,, Harris did, in fact, like leaving The Pricker on people's doorsteps in the area and he happened to land one on a conspiracy blogger's doorstep. www.cryptogon.com...

He actually read it as well and came to the same conclusion--Harris was definitely nuts but that guy seemed to think that the first portion might actually be based on something real.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 04:07 AM
link   
He wrapped his house in tin foil and filmed his neighbors? Sounds like a stereotypical conspiracy theorist..... Did this man have an ATS account?

All jokes aside, all I have to say is what the # is going on in this world!???

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by billy565
I'm not going to make a 'clever comment'. (i swear i won't, but i'm bursting @ the seams.)

It is unfortunate that the quality of health care especially for the mentally disabled has declined over the past several years.

(you see i can reply without a smart as* remark)

You are correct regarding the care of the mentally ill. I remembered reading the following over the weekend.

Over the past five years, Nevada's primary state psychiatric hospital has put hundreds of mentally ill patients on Greyhound buses and sent them to cities and towns across America.

Since July 2008, Rawson-Neal Psychiatric Hospital in Las Vegas has transported more than 1,500 patients to other cities via Greyhound bus, sending at least one person to every state in the continental United States, according to a Bee review of bus receipts kept by Nevada's mental health division.

About a third of those patients were dispatched to California, including more than 200 to Los Angeles County, about 70 to San Diego County and 19 to the city of Sacramento.

In recent years, as Nevada has slashed funding for mental health services, the number of mentally ill patients being bused out of southern Nevada has steadily risen, growing 66 percent from 2009 to 2012. During that same period, the hospital has dispersed those patients to an ever-increasing number of states.

Read more here: www.sacbee.com...=cpy

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Kevin Harris: he may have been paranoid, delusional and even straight up bat # crazy but he sure could grow one bitchen mustache. rest in peices Mr. Harris, rest in peices.
edit on 17-4-2013 by PureRockFurby because: it's what "the man" least expected.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
All I can say is thankfully he was the only casuality to his mental illness and didn't take out someone else along with him... which sadly is what usually happens.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   

I truly wonder why this guy, who was obviously crazy, and had been reported as such for years, was still wandering the streets.

(visit the link for the full news article)

So, just because someone has mental health issues, this means they are crazy???

Are you saying people with MH Issues should be locked up?

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

I truly wonder why this guy, who was obviously crazy, and had been reported as such for years, was still wandering the streets.

(visit the link for the full news article)

So, just because someone has mental health issues, this means they are crazy???

Are you saying people with MH Issues should be locked up?

If they are a harm to themselves or others, as this guy clearly was, they should not be ignored.

Had he been "locked up" and treated for his schizophrenia, he most likely would still be alive today (and no longer "locked up".)

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Have you ever been locked up?

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by 123143

No, though there are those who say I should be

I have gone through psychological counseling, though -- I recognized that I had some problems that I needed to work through, and I did. The issue becomes whether people who have problems that are dangerous, but that they cannot (not don't, but can't) recognize for themselves, should be just ignored.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by WhiteAlice

[little kid "you're gonna get in trouble" sing-song],Ummm White Alice.[/sing-song] The manifesto clearly says that permission was granted to copy it, but ONLY IF THE WHOLE THING IS COPIED and posted.

It's really long, too, and hard to follow. This guy was clearly extremely disturbed in his thinking, but from what I read of it (I had to just skim past some parts) he had reasons to believe it.

I feel bad about this poor man's illness and death.

Some people think that our mental health is being deliberately destroyed, and I can see their reasoning for that based on MSM propaganda, etc. But Congress has been working a quiet little "add-on" to the Gun Control legislation to implement BETTER SERVICE for the mentally ill.

Sometimes I think Congress just doesn't know what to do, and are muddling through it all like the rest of us, looking for answers and isolating problems so they can be addressed.
edit on 17-4-2013 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   

If there's no probable cause to mess with them they should be left alone. Tinfoil and videotape are no reason to deny someone their liberty.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ikonoklast

Maybe he was and maybe he did, but surely there must be at least some slight possibility that someone else blew him up, and that maybe he could have had some reason to be paranoid.

If you read the manifesto, you'll see how his thinking worked. I wonder if he hoped that it would be published posthumously, and saw himself as a martyr for his version of 'the truth'?

If he DID get taken out, they'd have removed his manifesto, wouldn't they? Because it directly blames government agents/assassins for poisoning people with viruses and slow-death diseases, hospitals for infecting surgical patients and giving them amnesics to forget the torture, implants being used, radio frequencies being used by the NSA (hence the tin foil) etc.

Or maybe they wouldn't. Maybe they'd leave it up just to show how paranoid his thinking was. Sounds like he half expected to be 'disappeared' and was 'biding his time' and writing this like a 'whistle blow.'
Rabbit holes suck.

edit on 17-4-2013 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
nm
edit on 17-4-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by 123143

If there's no probable cause to mess with them they should be left alone. Tinfoil and videotape are no reason to deny someone their liberty.

Probable cause for what? I'm not saying he should be put in prison, I'm saying that people with illnesses that present a danger to them or others should not be ignored. With proper treatment, it is unlikely that he would have built bombs which, intentionally or not, killed him and could have killed others.

What you're saying is akin to coming across someone who is unconscious and bleeding to death, and just ignoring them because "maybe they want to bleed to death."

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Hardly the same thing.

And being in a psych ward is the same as being in prison. The only difference is the duration of the misery.
edit on 4/17/13 by 123143 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   

heya, adj. Good thread, S/F

You say some have thought you should be locked up, and you know what? Sometimes, during particularly stressful parts of my life, I used to WISH someone would lock me up. I used to wonder, "What if lit up a cigarette right here in the office?" Would someone lock me up, then? What if I pretended to be deranged? Maybe I could then be removed from the 'operations of society' for a while and be in a safe, quiet place with a rocking chair and a view of the ocean, and left alone for a while.

But I know I'm too honest and couldn't keep it up convincingly enough to be simply left alone - I'd be accused of malingering or pumped with drugs. So, I just kept on truckin'.....

I wonder if they'll find a suicide note? Or did they? I admit I looked at the manifesto and house, but not the article.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join