It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man who died in CA blast lived in foil-wrapped home, filmed neighbors

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

Just to let you know, there were/are and will always be those who are classed as 'crazy' being great Inventor's, Creator's and Thinkers

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes
reply to post by WhiteAlice

[little kid "you're gonna get in trouble" sing-song],Ummm White Alice.[/sing-song] The manifesto clearly says that permission was granted to copy it, but ONLY IF THE WHOLE THING IS COPIED and posted.

Psst...if you hadn't noticed, the author is dead so doubt he's going to complain and I don't think anybody else is going to, including his 82 year old mother, either. Falls under fair use anyways. I think I'd get in more trouble with the mods if I copy/pasted the entire thing.

Totally agree. Heck of a read. I tapered off at the part about the pretend aliens. That's about as far as I could go before getting really depressed for the guy.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ikonoklast

Originally posted by ikonoklast

I don't know much about this (yet...), but one thing I do find very strange is that even on a site like ATS, everyone seems to be assuming that he was crazy and that he blew himself up....

Not everyone.

Assuming that everyone feels a certain way, based only off of the comments from a select few, is just as bad as the assumptions that you're referring to.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteAlice

Originally posted by WhiteAlice

A fake heart attack can be induced with an oral poison or, in Mr. Bruney’s case, by spraying a toxin in the victim’s face. The last time someone tried that with me, it was [color=E6DB7A]a sewer snake from a neighbor’s house up to my kitchen sink.

A [color=E6DB7A]snake popping out of a drain can be really scary and can make one feel like they're going to have a heart attack but it's not necessarily an assassination attempt. I don't know if the guy was always off of his rocker or if he progressively went off his rocker over time. It's interesting though because he does actually mention some true stuff, here and there. Overall though, I think he had a lot of delusions of grandeur and paranoia.

I'm not saying this makes it any more, or any less, believable, but do you realize that he wasn't actually talking about a real living snake?

Plumbers use them to clean out clogged pipes. Hook it up to something similar to a drill. As it is twisting, it works it way through the pipe.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/img/if516f1a49.jpg[/atsimg]

I'm sure that if you weren't expecting it, and it did come up and touch your bum, it definitely could be scary, but probably not quite as scary as a live snake.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I skimmed through this guy's manifesto.

Why again is he crazy?

The guy is written like a genius throughout most of it. Thorough, although sometimes distracted to the point of what he is saying. He had a conspiracy theory, one that I have heard of in the past, and he is crazy for believing that?

Does anyone know how he came to blow himself up? Was it a deliberate suicide, an accident, or perhaps something more nefarious? Will we ever know? Probably not.

No, instead you will have people assume, based on a few quips of a man's life that he was crazy and deserved to spend his life in a cage because of it. Who is to say he was lying? You? Me? What if it is the truth that he speaks? Is it because it is not your truth that you have experienced that you find it so hard to accept as the reality of another man and thus you have no choice but to call him crazy for it?

The reality of the situation is that nobody knows this person. The only thing that people KNOW are what people said about him. Perception is not reality of an individual. I'm sure if many of you were judged on how people perceived you, you would all be deemed crazy as well. Luckily, we live in a world where our choices and actions are our own to make and not the judgements of the general public - at least not yet.

We will see where this world goes from here with thinking like this.
edit on 20-4-2013 by TheNewRevolution because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheNewRevolution
I skimmed through this guy's manifesto.

Why again is he crazy?

Because the people who knew him, unlike you and I, reported that he displayed symptoms of paranoid schizophrenia. He may well have been officially diagnosed or not, we don't know and, frankly, it's none of our business.

As numerous examples in the past have shown us, genius and sanity do not necessarily go hand in hand.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join