It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boston Bombs Made From Presure Cookers

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
The "pressure cooker" bombs were inside black duffel bags, Huffington Post and others are now reporting.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

ABC News is linking them to Al-Qaeda.

Others I'm sure already have also.

Anyone wanna take bets that they locate the bomb-maker/Al-Qaeda training camp somewhere in Iran?
edit on 16-4-2013 by freedom12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by LogicGrind
reply to post by AnonymousCitizen

Yes, those types of bombs have been used in Afganistan/Pakistan...and I'm willing to bet just about every other type of bomb has also been used in Afganistan/Pakistan.

I find it odd some people are trying so hard to pin this on certain groups. The truth is that we have absolutely no idea who is responsible for this. Yes, it could be radical Muslims...but it may not be...it may be a radical Hindu for all we know...it may be a lone psycho...it may be a former OWS member...it may be a Tea Party member...we have zero idea as to who it is.

So my question is why are some people trying so hard to automatically blame Muslims for this?

Thanks for your reply, but I was not trying to pin anything on anybody. I did some searching for historical instances of pressure cookers used in bomb making and that's where it led me.

Do you have other suggestions for trying to solve this? If so, please contribute.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Do you have other suggestions for trying to solve this? If so, please contribute.

I am not trying to solve who is responsible for this attack...I don't have the resources or the intel to do so...no one on this board does.

I will wait to hear from people who do have that information to determine who is responsible for this. Other than that...what is there to solve?

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
So an anonymous source tells us that these pressure cookers were inside black duffel bags, and what proof exists of this ?

Ahh all day now we can hear them talking about these bags and cookers.

I am gathering it is a good idea to use these because you can seal them completely and no smell wafts from it at all.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Here we go, now we will have to register our pressure cookers. We will have to sign an affidavit to purchase one. Vets will not be allowed to own one, people with mental handicaps, students from abroad.

How did these pressure cookers pass through all of the swooped up security?

It is VERY interesting OP the connection between the known users of these types of bombs and one used on American Soil.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedom12
ABC News is linking them to Al-Qaeda.

Others I'm sure already have also.

Anyone wanna take bets that they locate the bomb-maker/Al-Qaeda training camp somewhere in Iran?
edit on 16-4-2013 by freedom12 because: (no reason given)

How odd. I have CNN on and they just reported a few minutes ago that according to the White House there appears to be no foreign involvement associated with this attack and they do not believe Al Qaeda is involved.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Wow, excellent work!

S&F!

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousCitizen
Thanks for your reply, but I was not trying to pin anything on anybody. I did some searching for historical instances of pressure cookers used in bomb making and that's where it led me.

I suggest checking out pipe bombs.

The fact that the case for the bomb is a pressure cooker is irrelevant. The construction and characteristics of the bombs matter. These were glorified pipe bombs. They used nails and BB's as shrapnel. This is why you see the majority of injuries being on the lower extremities. When these exploded it did not explode upwards- it just exploded outwards.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Here we go, now we will have to register our pressure cookers. We will have to sign an affidavit to purchase one. Vets will not be allowed to own one, people with mental handicaps, students from abroad.

They can have my pressure cooker when they pry my hot, wet strawberry preserves from them!

We gotta have a little humor... thanks

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   

So here is a possible connection from the technology used for the recent bombings to the Pakastan/Afghanistan border region.

Too bad we don't have some kind of earthquake-making HAARP thing to extract our retaliation.

Retaliation against retaliation.......
Isn't the Pakistan Afghanistan region where a lot of drone strikes have been?

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ParasuvO
So an anonymous source tells us that these pressure cookers were inside black duffel bags, and what proof exists of this ?

Ahh all day now we can hear them talking about these bags and cookers.

I am gathering it is a good idea to use these because you can seal them completely and no smell wafts from it at all.

If the goal was to avoid the smell of explosives getting out, a simple vacuum sealed bag would have done the trick, much cheaper, lighter, and easier to carry and move.

The pressure cooker is basically acting the same way as a pipe, hence the other people mentioning it's basically a pipe bomb.

If you just had a paper bag filled with the slow burning explosives used in the attack, and detonated it, it would barely be an explosion, it would be more like a very fast moving fire.

You need to contain the pressure that is caused by expanding gasses until the point where it bursts and instantly releases all that energy. Its the same basic concept of a bullet in a firearm, if you ignited a little pile of gunpowder not much would happen. But if you contain that gunpowder in a casing, cap the end with a bullet, those quickly expanding gases will propel the bullet to incredible speeds.

The pressure cooker might have also been used to increase the amount of debris, but surrounding the thing with nails and ball bearings would likely make it nearly pointless to use a pressure cooker over something like a welded piece of large diameter steel pipe.

I'm guessing they used pressure cookers because it's a relatively cheap and easy way to get a vessel that's manufactured to take high pressures. Building something yourself, of that size, would likely be more difficult and expensive.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

A quick Google search shows through the first several pages, most "pressure-cooker" bomb stories associated with India.

Pakistan is 2nd. There is also mention of Al-Qaeda sprinkled in, and a soldier at Ft Hood.

IF it was a foreign terrorist group, why Patriot's Day? Coincidence?

IDK, but I'm leaning toward home-grown right now, with possible FBI involvement as they have several times recently.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by freedom12

Why is Patriots Day a consideration at all?

Couldnt it be that Patriots Day is simply coincidental to the marathon from the bombers point of view?

You need a lot of people in one place and a lot of eyes looking on for maximum affect. Patriots Day doesnt do that. The marathon however does.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

Originally posted by luciddream
Seems like media is relentless in tying this with a middle eastern country. Possibly Iran.

So if an Iranian in USA did do it, does that mean automatically the Iranian government paid him to do so?

I don't blame the country.

Good point. I think this is a very good reason why when something happens on our home turf we should give the one(s) responsible a trial so that we the people might get to see to the bottom of it all.

It really wouldn't surprise me tho if who ever (if) found responsible would quickly get shipped to Guantanamo Bay to be held indefinitely without a trial and we the people never get to hear the real story and only the story told to us by our dictator government.

-Alien

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Almost like the news is reading this thread. Here is another article:

CBS News

CBS News reports that the bombs were made to look like “discarded property.” A law enforcement official tells CBS News that the bombs were made with “low explosives” and “anti-personnel” packing. Experts believe that plastic explosives were not used.

Similar pressure-cooker explosives have been used in Afghanistan, India, Nepal and Pakistan, according to a July 2010 intelligence report by the FBI and Homeland Security. Also, one of the three devices used in the May 2010 Times Square attempted bombing was a pressure cooker, the report said.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Yaaay! My pressure cooker is pre-ban. I wonder if it will be worth more?

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
April 15, JFK Library, Americans sacrificed. Follow the money.
Pressure cooker, sure why not. Cheap, easy to procure, and something that does not stick out of the norm.
No one has taken responsibility for this act, or did they. Funny how the Library manager said "there was no device", but the evidence on the front of the building says otherwise. Lets cover for the rats, media!

At the very beginning of this video clip, you see a rifle with a video camera attached to it. This weapon is made by the Rafael company, an Israeli arms manufacturer, that also makes IEDs

Mossad is a master at false flag operations, e.g., Oklahoma City, the attack on the USS Cole in Yemen, the bombing of the Israeli Embassy in Buenos Aires, the July 7, 2005 London bombings, the 9-11 attacks in New York, the assassination of the Prime Minister in Beirut, the stoking of Muslim riots in France last year, the bombing of the Hassan al-Askari Mosque in Samarra, Iraq, etc.

Americans are supposed to believe that rag-tag "insurgents" use IEDs powerful enough to kill three US troops per day, on average. An American soldier even set up a blog on how "Intel" is betraying and targeting US troops. But sometimes Mossad bomb-makers accidentally blow themselves upin Iraq.

According to Richard Wilson, Israeli sniping and IEDs are false flag operations. He says that on March 28, 2005, Americans arrested 19 Mossad agents who fired twice on a US Marine checkpoint. The Marines beat up the Mossad agents and tore off their Star-of-David necklaces. (The US media incorrectly said the agents were Americans.) The Mossad agents said they were employees of Zapata Engineering, which helps the CIA conduct interrogations, and also manages US ammo dumps and US motor pools in Iraq.

Rumsfeld says the IEDs come from Iran, but Richard says they come from Mossad, and are not "improvised" at all. The Israeli company, Rafael (see above), makes IEDS, which are buried in the middle of a road. Beside the road is a device which emits a laser or radio signal. This device is manufactured by firms like Zapata Engineering, which is controlled by Zionist Jews. The IED mine, manufactured by Israel, is inert until a US vehicle (secretly planted with a triggering device) rolls over it.

Whenever Mossad carries out these false-flag operations they produce a videotape or a recording from an "unnamed source" that is "close to al-Qaeda." Sometimes they say "the claim was posted on an Internet website, but its authenticity could not be verified."

But Israelis would never kill anyone in cold blood, would they? After all, the USS Liberty massacre was "an accident!"

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
Yaaay! My pressure cooker is pre-ban. I wonder if it will be worth more?

No, it will be worthless, because you won't legally be able to transfer this grandfathered in assault pressure cooker to others.

Your comment made me think of something someone said in another thread. They were obviously some anti-gun nuts and said something along the lines of "well if everyone had bombs then we would be safe" in an attempt to make a jab at the idea that an armed populace is a safe populace.

They, however, completely fail to realize a bomb is not a defensive device I mean, it could be used in an area denial sense, but if someone is attacking you with a bomb, it's impossible to defend against that person with a bomb. Completely different compared to firearms, where if someone is shooting at you, for the most part, the only possible way to defend yourself IS to shoot back.

This wasn't directed towards you at all, I would have said it in the other thread, but I have no idea where it went (deleted maybe?) Just showing how totally ignorant the anti-gun crowd is, unable to use simple logic or apply that logic to the world around them.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

I see it also as a counter productive the pressure cooker would dampen the explosion itself, unless the explosive is slow or has a very low energy potential (making it more a noise maker).

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   
On CNN just now
a doctor who has been operating on the critical for two days says
NO ball barings and No nails...just metal fragments and plastic

the pressure cooker allows time the blast pressure to increase much higher then if the bomb was in an easily ruptered container while the explosive chemical reaction takes place.

when the pressure excedes the pressure vessel's threshold then she blows

just now on CNN
"anytime bombs are used its an act of terrorism"- president Obama
drone strikes on wedding excepted

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join