It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UM Coach: Bomb Sniffing Dogs Were at Start, Finish Lines for “Drill”

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 01:36 AM
link   
www.naturalnews.com...

This article is alluded to somewhere in the massive other thread.

As the Boston Globe tweeted today, "Officials: There will be a controlled explosion opposite the library within one minute as part of bomb squad activities." Some people believe this explosion might have been part of the demolition of another bomb. It seems unlikely, however, that a bomb at the library, one mile away, could be so quickly located and rigged to be exploded by the bomb squad in less than one hour following the initial explosions at the marathon. Furthermore, according to Local15TV.com, a University of Mobile's Cross Country Coach said there were bomb-sniffing dogs at both the start and finish lines, long before any explosions went off. He said: "They kept making announcements on the loud speaker that it was just a drill and there was nothing to worry about. It seemed like there was some sort of threat, but they kept telling us it was just a drill.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Tranny
reply to post by Earthscum

They had evidently got Intel that there was a possibility of an attack, so they was just running dogs through the area just for good measure. They was just telling people that it was a drill to avoid setting people on edge.

I would say there has been several terrorist attacks adverted by doing that. All these drills that they keep running are not drills, they are looking for real bombs, but they just don’t want to let people know how bad the situation really is.

Unfortunately they did not find the devices this time.

I'm probably not the only person who thinks that if they suspected there was a real threat, they should have cancelled the damn race, which could have been rescheduled, rather than risk it and hope they stop everything in time.
While I don't deny that drills in very crowded and heavily populated areas are part and parcel of training, the risks involved in treating it as a drill are horrendous. Catch them all in time, and you're all good. Miss one or don't get to them all, and you're suddenly responsible for hundreds of injuries and possibly deaths.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Tinfoilers would be saying exactly the same thing if someone authoritative sounding had said something like "it's odd but there aren't any bomb sniffing dogs here".

NO BOMB DOGS??? Conspiraceeeeee!!!!!

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 04:36 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 04:45 AM
link   
So wait. Why didn't the bomb sniffing dogs find the bombs?

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 04:52 AM
link   
my question is, how was the national guard there in 20 minutes? I logged in to cnn, saw the moment of the explosion, checked my clock, and cnn reported the national guard was on scene????

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by cartesia
So wait. Why didn't the bomb sniffing dogs find the bombs?

They aren't infallible. Note the poster above with personal experience of bomb sniffing dogs and her take on whether they would have caught the explosives.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 05:10 AM
link   

They also use the "its just a drill" story when conducting false flag operations.

Its a common excuse when they've been caught.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Come on people, use a little bit of common sense here.
If you were in charge of security for an event with 26000 participants and 500,000 lining the race route, wouldn't you use all the assets available to hopefully prevent an event from happening.
Having bomb sniffing dogs in key locations could randomly identify a problem and stop it before it occurs.
It just makes sense to me.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 06:22 AM
link   
i have personel experience with training drug/personal protection/search and rescue/bomb dogs. the dogs are only as good as thier training and handlers, they could have easily missed the bombs by
1) bombs placed after dogs have been thru
2) wind conditions would play a big part-a dogs upwind wouldnt smell it untill the dog was very very close
3) and the dog would have to be run near the item or area to be searched ie 1 of the explosions seemed to be a distance from the street, a dog walking the street wouldnt smell the bomb and now add in wind condtions and how the dog was trained and the size of the bomb. dogs can only sniff around for mintues at a time and need to back off for a bit and then return to searching.

so unfourtunatly they could easily miss a bomb

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

please tell us EXACTLY how the sniffer dogs assisted the bomb planting ?

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by UMayBRite!
Al Qaeda doesn't have to do anything, all they have to do is wait for DHS to get impatient.('
')

There should be an ATS "quip of the year" award. The above is my nominee. Appropriately starred of course.

I don't think this was a professional job. When bomb #1 went off there was flame and flash but the flags a few feet away hardly moved. That's a very small bomb probably in a container that had a shielding effect of some kind. I noticed a bay window above the blast was broken but numerous windows on a level with the bomb were intact.

I think jihadis would have done more damage, unless they were home grown copycat types. I also don't think real foreign terrorists would target the Boston Marathon in that way. It seems like more of an American thing to do, in my opinion.

When it comes to the idea of a false flag operation though, the thing that catches my attention is the way that the bombs were not detonated until all the international front runners in the race had passed through. That starts my ATS conspiracy senses tingling.

Bottom line, it was done by home grown crackpots or by the US government, wingnut division.

It is horrible to suggest that the US government could possibly be involved in this event, but given their record, how can one exclude them from a list of "persons of interest"?
edit on 16-4-2013 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   
fakery fakery everywhere
and we lap it up

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by colonelblake
my question is, how was the national guard there in 20 minutes? I logged in to cnn, saw the moment of the explosion, checked my clock, and cnn reported the national guard was on scene????

You can easily cover the smell of bomb making material with other stuff such as 'strawberries or mint'... its possible he/she had the bomb packed into a mint or strawberry pie!!

Possible but unlikely....

I'd say whoever did it, weren't in the area for long.. most likely came to the area only a few mins before moving in amongst the crowd....
edit on 16-4-2013 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   
I just heard on the radio that other bombs were found in the area and that there is a person in hospital with injuries who is not allowed to leave hospital. The news here said that things were found in this person's apartment that have aroused the interest of agencies investigating this crime.

www.thestar.com...

Massachusetts State Police investigating the marathon bombing searched an apartment just outside Boston, in Revere. Officers were seen leaving with bags full of material. There's no word of any suspects or motive in the attack. (April 16, 2013)

Caveat emptor:

www.washingtonpost.com...

From the New York Post: “Authorities have a identified a suspect, a Saudi national, who is currently being guarded in a Boston hospital with shrapnel wounds.”

The New York Post also reported 12 dead, so take that into account on the above "Saudi" indication.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   
running drills while the actual event is unfolding...mmmm...

That kinda...sounds familiar

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Seems like someone tipped them off about a bomb and they went into action, just in case.
You have to remember we get terrorist threats here in America all the time especially when we have large events. Better safe than sorry and I think they did not want to alarm people because it is so common the bomb threats.
On the other hand, I sometimes feel they should let the people know so they can make that call for themselves whether to stay on or go.
edit on 16-4-2013 by Staroth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   
luckily for the hundreds of millions of Americans who really really had a overwhelming desire and wanted to see the amazing boston marathon the city and government let it continue and put hundreds if not thousands of lifes at risk to save face and try to appear as if everything is under control!!!1` just a drill, don't worry folks you'll all be fin------- sorry for my sarcasm, but it pisses the hell out of me that if the police/fbi had information about a possible attack - given they deployed army and police aswell as bomb squad members with dogs to go out for a "drill" at the same location during the same time as a terrorist attack screams irony and makes me sick to my stomach. heaven forbid that the famous boston marathon would be rescheduled. i don't know how any of us would of made it, there would of been mass cases of trauma due to faiting and fist pounding in sheer rage.

edit: don't frighten the people and inform them of possible evil doings, let them go about their business and when they are missing limbs we will go into damage control
edit on 16-4-2013 by ThinkYouSpeak because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

Pressure cookers would be air tight, and so may not be detectable.

edit on 16-4-2013 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   
so shortly we will hear an announcement that a perfectly preserved saudi/iranian passport has been found amongst the rubble.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join