It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senator Roy Blunt - The man behind the Monsanto Protection Act.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Time to fill his inbox, folks, especially those of us from Missouri.

www.blunt.senate.gov...

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest
No Congressman or woman leaves Congress wealthy if they didn't arrive there that way first.

You're extremely funny, Ms.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Blunt is a tool. Bought and paid for.

Instead of kick-backs from Monsanto, maybe we can get a collection together to get him a spine.

And yes, Muse, hell must have frozen over because a)I agree with you and, b)I flagged and starred you.

Hell has most definitely froze over!

Muse, I believe this is the second time in our history, I agree with you!

S&F for you on this one!

Any politician that favors Monsanto, reguardless of party, is an enemy of the people they represent!

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

Yeah no kidding. Anyone defending this company is obliviously being paid to defend them. Oh wait did I just say the word Voldemort?

These "paid" people on here are very real. Look at his/her post count and date they joined. What a great work at home job.

If you defend Monsanto you are defending crimes against humanity. Pure and simple. Monsanto needs to be shut down immediately. Let's grab some torches.

planetsave.com...

www.trueactivist.com...

Oh and vigilantcitizen.com... (:
edit on 15-4-2013 by Kang69 because: (:

edit on 15-4-2013 by Kang69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Are you implying that corporations should have no say in laws that are made which affect their business?

That seems almost, anti-american.

If you owned a business wouldn't you want law that allowed your business to grow and expand and become more profitable or would you simply say, "well I'm a business owner now so I no longer get to participate in our elections."

You may not like this company but they certainly have a right to appeal to Congress to address their needs. The same as you or I do.

Corporations should not be treated as people and shouldn't have the same rights either. Corporations only care about one thing profit and it's because of that and them being able to buy the lawmakers is the reason min wage has basically stayed the same since the 80's.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest

No Congressman or woman leaves Congress wealthy if they didn't arrive there that way first.

You do know insider trading is legal for members of congress right? It's thanks to this that many of them leave wealthy.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

Are you implying that corporations should have no say in laws that are made which affect their business?

That seems almost, anti-american.

If you owned a business wouldn't you want law that allowed your business to grow and expand and become more profitable or would you simply say, "well I'm a business owner now so I no longer get to participate in our elections."

You may not like this company but they certainly have a right to appeal to Congress to address their needs. The same as you or I do.

of course...they should have the same access, no more, no less, than the average person. and, the should not be allowed to give more in contributions than the average person. and, as with any law, they need to show that their actions do not harm others in the name of profits. saying that a business owner cannot participate in our elections is a false argument. it's the power of corporate dollars influencing an elected official that is the problem, and you are smart enough to know it.

That is a very fair argument and totally correct.

I have no issue with limiting a corporation to the same power an individual has whatsoever. I was simply arguing my point to those that would say because Monsanto did happen to get their agenda addressed that it is somehow an act of treachery.

It is not.

Many would argue that the fact that the bill was not up for debate, was forced into law by being hidden in a "must pass' piece of legislation, and the "law" was not given to every single member of congress to address and vett amongst their constituents would be treachery at the very least. The fact that Blunt didn't own up to it when the entire thing blew up, but laid at the feet of another suggests something quite despicable. This same tactic was put for by the vaccine makers, and it was argued they should not be sued because they are doing a public service, then, when they do damage as the have done recently, they simply are cloaked in the light of government protection. Treachery, absolutely, immoral, without question, legal - you bet.

Corporations are major problem as they are corporate fiction, and fictional creature that does not operate according to the laws of man, that is why they were created - to skirt the laws of man by virtue of the fact they are not man. people scream about the world of corporations but they don't really understand what they are and why they exist, they also don't understand that they themselves are corporations, but corporations that are without the rights of men.

Monsanto is a hated company, by nearly everyone that has ever come on contact with them, their product system is so dodgy that they even go as far as to label organic and not in their own canteen - "some employees want the choice" but they spent a ton of money fighting labeling. Is Blunt proud enough of his actions to defend them in a public forum?

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

The idea of GMOs would be acceptable if patent rights were not granted. If that takes away the incentive of greed from the field, it would be great. Only truly altruistic people would continue, I would hope. Greedy people skip safety steps to achieve their ends. GMOs should be tested first before being released to the environment. That step has been ignored by Monsanto and our representatives.

Next thing you know, Monsanto will take your human DNA, modify it, patent it, and accuse you of patent infringement for being you. Notice government wanting to take DNA samples now, even for misdemeanors.
Must be coming up sooner than we think. Ever see that movie, "The Island?" I suppose the government needs DNA samples for spitting in the sidewalk?

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

I will call it worst, he is a corporate whore like most of the politicians in Washington they are filling their corrupted pockets with greed and profits from poisoning Americas food supplies.

As usual the richistanis do not have to eat the crap they push of the rest of the nations population.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

From the looks of him, he eats plenty of farm fresh GMO meat, dairy and produce.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Flatfish

I so agree with you and you lay it out very clearly.

ditto ditto ditto!

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

"filling their corrupted pockets with greed and profits from poisoning Americas food supplies."

I second your opinion. Well, your fact. I find it interesting that former President "W" Bush has bought all that land in Paraguay, sitting on the largest fresh, clean water aquifer in South America. Oil businessmen buy up all the good water, and at the same time, are fracking oil out of the ground in the United States, which is poisoning our water. Now I am not going to go into detail or accuse any individual of a conspiracy; however it does look like one. I would not doubt it. Any angle to make a buck it looks like from here. I mean come on, it seems like an obvious conspiracy or one hell of a coincidence. Is it just a coincidence that people are choking on their water from their own wells, and must now buy bottled water? I don't consider myself so much paranoid as aware. Here I sit, this frog in boiling water. An attack by alien spaceships and an honorable death for our human race would be more palatable than watching those with means destroy our planetary resources for a buck. And no the answer is not Agenda 21, but just decent respect for fellow men and animals. But what can I expect from this place? After reading that other thread about how the US government has been testing radioactive materials on unknowing people all these years? I expect us all to die soon, first those of us without means, and then, those with means but without sense.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

This is very correct. Check out Throw Them All Out by Peter Schweizer. Very interesting how these people go into office having some moderate assets and leave congress as millionaires. I will definitely be looking in Mr. Blunt's stock holdings and watching for his tax records. Would be curious to see if there is any investment strategy surrounding Monsato or any subsidiary companies, you can bet that is kickback for his participation in the bill.

THAT is how it works, Hopechest. Just because it is legal doesnt make it right. Explain to me why it is legal for persons in congress to conduct insider trading, but illegal for us? It is a complete abbrogation of the law.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar
reply to post by muse7

From the looks of him, he eats plenty of farm fresh GMO meat, dairy and produce.

Almost looks like a big fat cat who ate a canary doesn't he?

There's almost a resemblance, eh?

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Blunt should be impeached, sent to jail and the “Monsanto Protection Act” removed immediately. Lobbying is absolutely ghastly and I literally have no idea how on earth it could be legal? Lobby is a fancy word for bribe. It’s exactly what it is. People and corporations must be held accountable, however according to this act if GMO crops are categorically proven to harmful and dangerous then no one responsible for this will be held to account. That’s a scary thought.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 02:47 AM
link   
I read just today that Bill Gates has stock in Monsanto. He also has stock in Merck, Pfizer, and Johnson and Johnson.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

I'm just surprised there isn't anything in the constitution which says congress and other members of the Government must not accept monetary bribes to carry out corporate interests.

One might just be surprised to find out who lobbies Washington

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest

Are you implying that anyone besides corporations have any say in making and passing laws?

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 06:16 AM
link   

They can speak out about laws as much as any other citizen, but when it comes to making bribes and backroom deals with money, it goes beyond the power of what the average citizen has access to, and also gives them an advantage in the market place above other companies.

Why do you believe it is ok for some companies to rig the markets to their favor using politicians?
Don't you believe in open market capitalism, or you anti american?

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by bmullini

What can you expect with all the Wall Street inside trading they get to learn while working for their pimps, politicrats is one of the best jobs in America this days.

You make profits while selling America to the higher bidder

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join