It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RT NEWS Breaking: N. Korean missile launchpad moved into firing attitude - reports

page: 17
<< 14  15  16   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Just lost a live stream from Japan , anybody has any news?

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by MagyarVagyok

If you're watching on Reuters, it goes up and down a lot.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   
yeah..they been doing that since last month or so.

yet nothing happen.

better hope for zombie breakout.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Well, I don't know about you folks... but the tension is taking it's toll. Although I believe if NK shoots at something like Fukishima, the missile (or whatever) will be shot down... but then what? Would be nice to maybe paratroop some seals to go arrest Lil Kim!

I have never seen someone shake their fist for so long... but this is the first time I've watched such a conflict.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Kashai

Actually they did have that one picture of Kim and his generals with a map behind them, which appeared to have US mainland trajectories... I believe some people had translated the Korean writing.. Unfortunately, I have no link handy -- so if someone would be so kind

edit on 11-4-2013 by kathael because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by kathael
reply to post by Kashai

Actually they did have that one picture of Kim and his generals with a map behind them, which appeared to have US mainland trajectories... I believe some people had translated the Korean writing.. Unfortunately, I have no link handy -- so if someone would be so kind

edit on 11-4-2013 by kathael because: (no reason given)

Had nothing to do with missiles that map... apparently Kim had singled out the fast food restaurants with the largest playgrounds and xbox in them so that when this was over he could visit them all when he came to america for negotiations

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   
It doesn't matter what we do. We are not going to start this war, nor is China or South Korea. If NK does nothing, nothing will come of it except further sanctions. If they test a missile, we'll know in a few minutes where it is heading. If it's a test.. again, nothing.. won't shoot it down.. just MORE sanctions. They are digging themselves in a deep hole.

But unless you see some of their large army mobilizing.. there is no war. They have done nothing to show they are planning to go to war. Moving a couple of missile? That's nothing.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I have been saying repeatedly that I do not believe NK intends to fire on SK, and I also documented my belief that NK is not able to initiate an attack on US soil, with logic included. The main reason I do not believe NK intends to start a war, aside from their past actions, is that they are simply spitting too much rhetoric. Seriously, you do not allow your enemy this much time to prepare if you really want to launch a successful assault. Even a nuclear strike, as certain anti-ballistic missile technology can be ramped up to ensure that the whole of the border and country are well defended.

This is simply posturing by Jong Un. While his father had slightly calmed down and become sedentary in a way in his old age, the new leader is young and feels he has something to prove. I also think that he wants people to pay attention to him, and this is probably the main reason for all of this talk. It is the same attitude portrayed by others of similar age, although it usually happens when they are younger, but the main difference is that he is the leader of a semi nuclear nation.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by JiggyPotamus
This is simply posturing by Jong Un. While his father had slightly calmed down and become sedentary in a way in his old age, the new leader is young and feels he has something to prove. I also think that he wants people to pay attention to him, and this is probably the main reason for all of this talk. It is the same attitude portrayed by others of similar age, although it usually happens when they are younger, but the main difference is that he is the leader of a semi nuclear nation.

He also has generals to appease and a front to keep up to the public. My theory is we're taking the approach of not calling NK's bluff because when Kim fails to deliver and ends up appearing weak to the higher up's in the country they can be destabilized and we get regime change. The reason it's being done now is that Kim Jong Il was very well entrenched in the nation, there couldn't have been a coup. With a new young leader that lacks the same levels of political clout though it becomes much easier to start the country down a path of reunification from within.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 04:29 AM
link   

top topics

<< 14  15  16   >>

join