It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sleep Paralysis experience last night.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Just great. I am in my bed, having a look around on ATS before I sleep and I have to stumble upon this? Typical..!

I hope I never have one of those experiences! Nightmares are one thing but sleep paralysis... How do you guys bear it?

edit on 8-4-2013 by ABeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Had a couple of sleep paralysis myself. I read about it prior to my first experience, boy it was frightening.

The scary part was me not being able to move, and when I screamed
it echoed it my head...But...no scary asian girls, or shadow being...yet

I read that SP is an easy gateway to astral projection. So next time you find yourself paralyzed, just fly your consciousness up the roof of your house and you will have a successful OBE. I'm waiting for my next SP so I can try this...it's been a while and I'm still waiting...

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by NorthBlizzard

..I half-sat up..

Not sleep paralysis.

You cannot move from your position, you body is paralyzed, like you are dead but your sense are alert. You can move face, eyes, nose, ears,... feels like you can kick you legs and thrash your arms. But it is pretty much feels like you been wrapped in a plastic film and thrown on bed.

May have been a deep dream, that seems real, or a mixture of lucid dreaming going wrong.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I had sleep paralys since i was a kid. Haunts me about once a month. It's a scary feeling but when i wake up i kinda laugh at it. Its a unique experience that a lot of people dont get.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I have had sp for many years also.I guess its not rear.SP turns in to OBE.if you can get passed the fear it will be real cool.its the fear that takes you out of it.so when you get SP stay calm and it will become an OBE

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   
The paralyzed feeling is so when your astro body go's cruising your physical body will be where you left it.so try to stop being scared and you can roll out or float.I'm not that good at it but I've got out twice just for a few seconds. And I can't yet make it happen easy but I can make it happen take lots of practice like most skills

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by rugger

Normally you can tell when someone has had a real SP/OBE when you see them acknowledge the fear as an obstacle to overcome.

Those who have never experienced SP and even those who have had SP, but never reached the edge of an OBE, can not fully understand the fear described by those who've experienced SP/OBE.

It is so real, as if someone or something is in your room and it is focused on you, on eating your soul! This very real fear is present in most all SP/OBEs and can be crippling to your conscious ability to focus on moving forward into an full OBE.

When a fear of this calibur is present when your body is completely paralized, thinking of anything besides escaping the fear is quite a hefty order.

I have been able to break this fear by telling myself to be calm and patient. I reinforce this throughout the day, when I fall into SP/OBE I can remember telling myself to be calm and don't worry about the fear. Once I do this and enter OBE, the fear is replaced with elation, freedom, awe, and happiness 100 times over.

I do hope everyone can experience a true OBE before they check out and I hope those who experience SP are capable of achieving OBE too.

Good Luck, you will be very pleasantly suprised when you accomplish a true OBE. They are addictive and leave you wishing another experience will happen soon! Who knew flying through walls, and around an exact replica of your home and town, would be so addictive?

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by rugger

The more practice you have, the longer you will be able to remain 'out'.

I have experienced OBE on accident before. I woke up around 3a with an urge for the restroom. I sat up on my bed, then stood up and walked toward the bedroom door. Eyes still half closed and the room still dark, I reached for the doorknob. My hand missed the doorknob, so I tried reaching for it again, this time looking at the handle. I was shocked at what I saw, my hand passing straight through the knob.

I didn't know what to think, sso I turned back to my bed and I saw someone laying down where I sleep. It didn't really look like me, but I realized it was my body. That startled me a bit more, so I sat down on my bed and, as soon as my butt hit the mattress, I felt a powerful jolt. It felt as if I had been hit in a rear-end collision.

In an instant I was back in my body, confused and slightly worried.

I have experienced SP throughout my life, but never connected SP with OBE. In fact, I didn't really know what an OBE was, I assumed they were also called NDE, or Near Death Experiences.

I am sure almost everyone has experienced OBE at one time or another. Have you ever been lying in bed then hear the phone ring? You reach over, pick up the phone and say 'Hello'. Just as you expect someone to say 'Hi', the phone rings again and you realize you are still asleep. This is an OBE.

Another example would be a similar scenario. You're lying in bed when you hear the alarm clock go off. You reach over and hit snooze, only to hear the alarm continue. You realize you are dreaming/asleep. This is an OBE too, even though it is probably the weakest type of OBE.

After having the accidental OBE, I began to search for answers. I realized I had been having OBEs. I began studying more and more about them and eventually trained myself to induce an OBE, under the right conditions.

If you are reaching the point where you have entered SP, but are having difficulty separating, or 'Getting Out', there is a good technique to help you take the next step and achieve deparation.

While lying in bed, imagine a climbing rope anchored to your ceiling. As you reach the point where you are trying to separate, imagine yourself grabbing the rope and climbing toward your ceiling. This allows you to, literally, climb out of your body.

It's a good technique and works very well if you are reaching the point of separation, but are being blocked from moving to the next level.

I hope you develop a technique and/or process that allows you to have OBE's all the time. I also hope you are fortunate enough to visit the Akashic while having an OBE.

Good Luck!

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   
You can always try a free method to get rid of these bad vibes. You might roll your eyes when you read this, but considering your state, give it a go.

Try praying to our heavenly Father before going to sleep. With your heart ask him what you want. I don't need to specify what.

Try it, it's free. What do you have to loose?

May peace be upon you. Take care.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by NorthBlizzard

I have the same experience many times, I also posted a while back one of this experiences, like when you look into the face and eyes of the being in front of you that is not suppose to be there because is your room and you are alone, their face just shows that they are as shocked as you are that you can see them.

And like you say, these beings look pale and sick to me, no the healthy color of a normal living person.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I had my first and only SP experience about 6 months ago. I was lying on my bed with my eyes closed when suddenly I felt paralyzed. I knew something evil was in my room but I couldn't open my eyes to see what it was. Then I felt like something was just inches from my face. I felt like it was wanting to kiss me and I couldn't stop it. I remember thinking that it was going to rape me or something and there was nothing I could do to stop it. Then it all went away and I was able to move. It was the most frightening experience I ever had in my life. I hope I never have another one.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 12:51 AM
link   
OP:

What you experienced was a partial Out-Of-Body-Experience. In an OBE, you have the power to change the environment to whatever you like. The problem is, that subconscious emotions can take over the experience which will result in a terrifying experience. Most likely you were in a state of fear so your mind produced the freaky girl.

The next time you have sleep paralysis, try this, it can be the most life changing experience you will have:

Affirm that you are in control, affirm that you can breathe, affirm that everything is OK. While in paralysis, imagine yourself lifting out of your body as if attracted by a magnet on the ceiling. With enough patience and calmness, you should be able to initial a full OBE and float around freely in your own room and do what you wish. You can make the freaky little girl vanish just by thinking it, you can fly to Bermuda, you can meet a beautiful woman.

Refer to this youtube series for detailed techniques:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I've had sleep paralysis experiences in the past. Lately I've been too stressed out for them to take hold. First one was scary, but not after that. After the first one I tried to learn how to instigate them. I loved it. My hearing sensitivity magnified 100 fold, but it made the experience a little overwhelming sometimes. I always fell into it with my eyes open, so I could still see. Just couldn't move. Sometimes my body would vibrate. After vibrating for too long I would develop anxiety, which broke the experience and allowed me to move. Many people say sleep paralysis is a precursor to the out of body experience. That would be the next event after the vibrations start. My anxiety never let me get past the vibrations though.

My goal is to learn how to instigate them again and take it farther.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   
i have had sp about 20 times in my life and every one have been auditory with no visual halucinations at all, saying that they still scared the hell out of me. the worst one for some reason was about 5 years ago, i lived alone in a house with polished timber floors and one night i woke when i heared someone walking up and down the hall outside my bedroom in what sounded like stiletto heels, the click clack was very loud and pronounced, they would pause outside my bedroom door and just as i thought the door was going to open and they would enter they would walk down the hallway to the other 2 bedrooms, it went on for about 5 mins and scared me silly.

i got up and played on the computer for the rest of the night

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Wowee!

So many responses and experiences shared!

I just want to say to those of you who have shared thus far, thank you! Makes for interesting reading and nice to know I'm not completely mad

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I had one several years back. I was staying in an old hospitol that had been turned into a Hostel for travelers. It was inexpensive, dry and a warm place to stay. They only had the first floor open for visitors. The two upper floors were closed. One afternoon, I was taking a nap when I awoke and couldn't move. I saw a face in the corner of the bedroom, which was later in the afternoon so the room was lit. It stayed there up in the corner for a few seconds as I tried to get up and found I couldn't move. Then it started to move toward me and it sounded like it was speaking Latin. I could see the lips moving but not speaking Latin, I could not understand what the face was saying. It rushed towards me until it went right into me at which point I was able to jump up.
I was staying in a large room with three other bunks. We would often hear foot steps, loud foot steps, walking on the floor above. One night it was so loud, me and another guest were looking up at the ceiling, watching and listening to the foot steps right above our room, walk through the doorway (right above our room where there must have been a doorway upstairs because the sound moved right through where our door was, out into the hallway). We went out of our room and followed the steps right down the hallway. We didn't go up stairs to investigate!
One day, we did venture upstairs to the third floor where the closed operating rooms were. We went into one of the operating rooms and did have a feeling like I wasn't supposed to be there. When we walked out, we were about 30 feet down the hall way when the door to the operating room slammed shut! It was loud! We ran out of there quick.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by wrkn4livn

That's really unnerving to hear footsteps overhead like that isn't it? I used to hear footsteps overhead coming from my old second story bedroom in the house I grew up while sitting downstairs watching TV at night. It was as if there was a party going on up there. The thing was, there was no one in the house except my parents who slept downstairs. I would get in the car and leave until daylight before coming home to go up to that room to go to bed. Scared me senseless.

Never had sleep paralysis in that house though. It wasn't until I moved that I had those experiences.
edit on 4/10/2013 by wtbengineer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I had 2 SP incidents when I was 15. Never anything like it since.

The second incident was pure fear. I didn't see or hear anything, but I was afraid something bad would happen.

The first time, the cat died. I know that sounds weird, but the whole time I was in paralysis, all I could sense, was the fear of my little white cat. That was her name "Little White Cat". She had one blue eye, one green.
There was a party going on in the house, I'd gone to bed, and I don't even think I fell asleep - I was just suddenly unable to move.

The next morning I was informed my little cat had been hit by a car in the driveway.

The second time I had the SP, I felt like I was being taken over again, physically. I fought the feeling until it went away, then got up.

Neither time, did I fall asleep first. The SP came on almost as soon as I laid down.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   
i wonder if the sp phenomenon can account for many of the abductions around the world. sp is scary but it needs to be studied in more detail.

i dont reject the supernatural aspect of it, in fact, i think is connected with the phenomenon itself. allucinations, very vivid dreams or something otherwordly who knows!!!

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by spacemanjupiter

The vibration or buzzing is very common.if not always the case when having SP/OBE.and you can see through your eyelids I have been able to anyway.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join