It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supersight Alexander Levit: real superhuman powers of a fraud?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Just saw this episode from the "Stan Lee's superhuman's 2" serie on History Channel and found it quite interesting.

Here's the presentation of this episode 5:

Russian Alex Levit is a living legend – rumoured to have learnt to see using his mind, even though he was born totally blind.
He claims he uses other extrasenses to see, and can even play pool.
Daniel wants him to prove its no trick, can he find targets, in a pitch black room whilst wearing a blindfold?

Source

The whole 11'55" episode:

Some said that he really have psychic powers that allows him to "see" with his mind, and some others said that the case is just an elaborated fraud (see here, in portuguese.)

As for me, I searched for more information about the guy and the fraud statement, with no luck (except that he have a Facebook page).

What do you think ATS?

edit on 7-4-2013 by elevenaugust because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by elevenaugust
Russian Alex Levit is a living legend – rumoured to have learnt to see using his mind, even though he was born totally blind.

The key twist is that, as explained at 1:07, he is now no longer "totally blind".
The wording used in the documentary is "medically blind", which is a meaningless description. But simply put, he is...
- not completely blind (he says "30 percent")
- wearing a stupid useless blindfold *that is his own design* that any idiot could see past the gaps down the side of the nose with
- does a test in a room that he has already walked around in, and memorised the locations of objects, that was supposed to tell if he could tell where the objects were.

Frankly, if you were going to do a "test" of a person like him, you could could not possibly design tests more useless, pointless, open to fraud and cheating.

edit on 7-4-2013 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I love watching this show, this guy has a remarkable talent. They should let him drive a car

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

Originally posted by elevenaugust

- does a test in a room that he has already walked around in, and memorised the locations of objects, that was supposed to tell if he could tell where the objects were.

Not correct. They say he has never been in it before. If we start to question that they lied, we can simply leave it alone.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
At 11:05 you can see his eyes true the blindfold

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by drneville
At 11:05 you can see his eyes true the blindfold

Was the blindfold askew?
I didn't see him adjust it!

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by drneville

Good sight. I know from some old Sony Camcorders, you can apply a foil to the lense, makes them able to look through black clothes. COULD be an explanation, could also mean fraud.

Edit: Before somebody says its not true that you can modify them, I did it myself, it was a CCD TRV77 and it worked.
edit on 7-4-2013 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by elevenaugust

Not enough data. The skeptical analysis is almost as bad as the presentation it only present conjectures and critics to the TV show, the only point that brings anything new is the background information of the neuroscientist but that is also based on inconclusive inferences.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by verschickter
reply to post by drneville

Good sight. I know from some old Sony Camcorders, you can apply a foil to the lense, makes them able to look through black clothes.

If you put foil over the lens, the lens won't get light. No light, no image. Not hard.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by MUness

Nice try. I see what your trying to say..
You can buy these foils or use a blank negativ film to cover the lense. Scraping off the IR blocker on the lense will make it more sensitive and useless in daylight. I recommend using thinned nitro sparely applied. Some say it screws up auto-focus if you scrap it off, but I mine works just fine after removing, but I did not scrape it off. You can solder a second resistor the behind the manual focus potentiometer, there is a paper on the internet about that I think you will find it with ease.

You will also find an article that "only" 700.000 were sold, but you can do it with most camcorders from sony that have night-shot ability. However if you do the filter/foil trick it will screw up color.

Google "sony camera can see through clothes +trv", it will make you wiser.
You can get one real cheap at a big online auction website

Finally, here is a YT Video. Enjoy.
I looks like he has some switchable filters. Nice way to do it, too.

Disclaimer: Unlike the fellow in the video, I had far better reasons to do the mod.

edit on 8-4-2013 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   
In short, you're allowing infrared spectrum through the lens. Just say that.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by MUness

Sorry electronic engineers like to talk about the 'abouts', job habit.

edit on 9-4-2013 by verschickter because: spelling

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Hi.

I create a series of simple Din A3 posters (11.7 x 16.5 inches) on topics and people (Telepathy, Remote Viewing, Psychokinesis, Uri Geller, Near-Death Experience, Hans Luksch, Reincarnation, EVPs, sects like CSICOP or GWUP etc.).
Only text and QR codes.
I'm just trying to link good documentaries and hard science experiments by scientists, universitys etc..
For example, i have scientific evidence on reincarnation (University of Virginia, Prof. Dr. Ian Stevenson, 4000 case studies ...) or EVP ( translate.google.com... ) etc..

Are there any good and reputable institutes, academics, universities, documentarys etc. that have tested Alexander Levit?
Or other people claiming to be able to do this.

If it is real, it could be related to the remote viewing phenomenon.
Did Alex Levit ever try to learn and use remote viewing (as in the Project Stargate of the CIA)?

Are there still copies of the clip (also in German language?) on the Internet?
If I do not find good academic sources, I have to link to the video.

Example:
As evidence of Uri Geller's abilities I have e.g. something like that:
Released CIA documents:
www.cia.gov...
Video of the experiments by Stanford University: youtu.be...
But also experiments of Dr. med. Friedbert Karger of the Max-Plank-Institute in Garching.
That's a good evidence for the reality of his abilities.

@ alfa1

He was tested with different methods.
Was the leather blindfold its own property?

Perhaps he is a scammer, but that's easy to test.
He does not know the room with the vases, right?

He was supposed to recognize signs on a PC monitor.
L, R (press mouse buttons), and p (do nothing).
If it was not his own blindfold, how could he have cheated?
I would have pulled an opaque sack over his head.

edit on 7-12-2019 by TobiasClaren because: supplement

new topics

top topics

join