It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protestant disinfo debunked-Catholics are also Christians

page: 80
<< 77  78  79    81  82  83 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by truejew

Well, take the discrepancy up with Jesus in prayer then, that's all I can tell you. Tell him the 70 week prophecy already happened and ask Him why He hasn't returned and why the world/age has not come to an end.

I can't help you.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by truejew

Well, take the discrepancy up with Jesus in prayer then, that's all I can tell you. Tell him the 70 week prophecy already happened and ask Him why He hasn't returned and why the world/age has not come to an end.

I can't help you.

As I have already said, Jesus could not be speaking of Daniel's 70 weeks as you think. That would contradict the 70 weeks prophecy which says Messieh would be cut off after, not during, the 69th week also known as the midst of the 70th week.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by truejew

He referred the disciples to Daniel 9 in answering their question in Matthew 24. Their question was threefold, the last two dealt with His 2nd coming and the "end of the world". If He has not yet returned and the world keeps a spinin as it always has then you have either two reasons.

1. Verse 27 from Daniel 9 is still future. Or..
2. Jesus was a false prophet.

edit on 3-7-2013 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   

reply to post by truejew

He referred the disciples to Daniel 9 in answering their question in Matthew 24. Their question was threefold, the last two dealt with His 2nd coming and the "end of the world". If He has not yet returned and the world keeps a spinin as it always has then you have either two reasons.

1. Verse 27 from Daniel 9 is still future. Or..
2. Jesus was a false prophet.

Show me where Jesus mentions the 70 weeks. I do not see it.
edit on 3-7-2013 by truejew because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by truejew

Matthew 24:15. Jesus refers to Daniel 9:27.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Jesus speaking in Matthew 24:15..

"When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand).."

He referred directly to Daniel 9:27, which is..

"And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate."

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   

"When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand).."

"And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate."

Most non-Catholics are not going to accept this end time fact until the prophesied Great Warning (Rev 6:15-17, 1 Cor 3:13).

Protestants are in denial. They refer to Judaism cause they have no "sacrifice" or "continual sacrifice" as found in other verses in Daniel. There is no "continual sacrifice in Judaism" either, only in Catholicism, this the holy SACRIFICE of the Mass offered every hour of every day all around the world.

Satan knows who the true faith is, his man, the anti-Christ will attempt to abolish the most Holy Eucharist.

This is the "abomination of desolation" spoken of in Daniel.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Actually, Jesus was not referring to Daniel 9:27 in Matthew 24:15. The abominations (plural) that Daniel spoke of in Daniel 9:27 was the abominations that was taking place during the time that the Messieh was here on earth. The abominations which led to Jerusalem being left desolate in 70AD. Jesus was referring to Daniel 12:11.

Daniel 12:11 KJV
[11] And from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days.

Daniel's 70 weeks is a messianic prophecy and has been fulfilled by Jesus. Daniel 12 and Matthew 24 is an end time prophecy and has not yet been fulfilled.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by truejew

Daniel 12 is also about the end, but the scope is a tad different. Again, specifically Gabriel says the 70 seven week periods are for the Jews/Israel and the city of Jerusalem. Paul likewise mentions the future abomination of desolation and gives some more detail of precisely what it it in 2 Thesselonians 2:3-4. That was written long after Jesus's ascention to heaven. And the "prince that shall come" is one of the 33 different Biblical titles that the man of sin or commonly referred to as the Antichrist will carry. Here is a well detailed commentary on Daniel 9:

Daniel 9

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   

reply to post by truejew

Daniel 12 is also about the end, but the scope is a tad different. Again, specifically Gabriel says the 70 seven week periods are for the Jews/Israel and the city of Jerusalem. Paul likewise mentions the future abomination of desolation and gives some more detail of precisely what it it in 2 Thesselonians 2:3-4. That was written long after Jesus's ascention to heaven. And the "prince that shall come" is one of the 33 different Biblical titles that the man of sin or commonly referred to as the Antichrist will carry. Here is a well detailed commentary on Daniel 9:

Daniel 9

The 70 weeks were to finish the transgression, make an end of sins, make reconciliation for iniquity, bring in everlasting righteousness, seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy. All of which was fulfilled by Jesus when He was crucified after the 69th week, in the midst of the 70th week, as Daniel prophesied. No other "messieh" will fulfill it.

Daniel 12/Matthew 24 is a different prophecy, not yet fulfilled.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by truejew

I've mentioned this a few times now. I never said another Messiah will fulfill anything, nor is another one coming besides the second coming of Jesus. You have to address what I say, when you make arguments trying to challenge things I never said that serves no purpose whatsoever.

Again, which wasn't addressed, Paul gives great detail to the future (as of his writing) abomination of desolation in 2 Thesselonians 2:3-4. Paul doesn't refer back to 32 AD, but writes that it is yet future. The prince, the man of sin, or Antichrist if you will, will sit in the temple and declare himself to be god.
edit on 4-7-2013 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   

reply to post by truejew

I've mentioned this a few times now. I never said another Messiah will fulfill anything, nor is another one coming besides the second coming of Jesus. You have to address what I say, when you make arguments trying to challenge things I never said that serves no purpose whatsoever.

You are deceived about what your doctrine teaches.

Again, which wasn't addressed, Paul gives great detail to the future (as of his writing) abomination of desolation in 2 Thesselonians 2:3-4. Paul doesn't refer back to 32 AD, but writes that it is yet future. The prince, the man of sin, or Antichrist if you will, will sit in the temple and declare himself to be god.
edit on 4-7-2013 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

As I said, the 70 weeks is fulfilled. No other Messieh is coming to make an end to sin.

The abomination of desolation spoken of by Daniel, which does not occur during the 70 weeks, has not fully been fulfilled yet.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by truejew

I'm not deceived. No one is looking for a coming of some new Messiah, except the Jews and the Muslims. The Christian Messiah is Jesus of Nazareth. Again, Paul details the future (at the time of his writing), in 2 Thesselonians 2:3-4. And the "prince that shall come" isn't Jesus Christ, that's the man of sin. And because it was Arab Romans who destroyed the temple and the city in 70 AD he will be an Arab Antichrist.

I've never taught or heard taught that we are to expect a new Messiah that isn't Jesus Christ. Again that would be a Judaism or Islamic belief.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   

reply to post by truejew

I'm not deceived. No one is looking for a coming of some new Messiah, except the Jews and the Muslims. The Christian Messiah is Jesus of Nazareth. Again, Paul details the future (at the time of his writing), in 2 Thesselonians 2:3-4. And the "prince that shall come" isn't Jesus Christ, that's the man of sin. And because it was Arab Romans who destroyed the temple and the city in 70 AD he will be an Arab Antichrist.

I've never taught or heard taught that we are to expect a new Messiah that isn't Jesus Christ. Again that would be a Judaism or Islamic belief.

You are denying that Jesus fulfilled the prophecy of Messieh.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by truejew

No I am not. I'm denying that Jesus was "the prince that shall come". That's a title for the Antichrist.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 12:46 AM
link   

reply to post by truejew

No I am not. I'm denying that Jesus was "the prince that shall come". That's a title for the Antichrist.

You do when you say that the 70 weeks Messianic prophecy was not fulfilled by Jesus as Daniel prophesied. I do not claim that "the prince that shall come" is Jesus.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by truejew

reply to post by truejew

You do when you say that the 70 weeks Messianic prophecy was not fulfilled by Jesus as Daniel prophesied. I do not claim that "the prince that shall come" is Jesus.

Please tell who he was then.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   

reply to post by truejew

I can't help you.

The only recourse for that would mean he abandoned us to rot, if truejew is to be believed. However, I would argue that all the elements on the earth have yet to be destroyed, so obviously truejew must be wrong since there is still a planet earth here that hasn't been totally slagged. It is also clear that the Mt. of Olives has yet to be split in two which would come with Christ's return which makes me think truejew is a JW since they have written out his physical return and kingdom and deny keypoints in scripture that declare he will come in the corporeal.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
The world is not returning to the Old Covenant belief. Jesus came with a greater revelation about God and His plan. Judaism disbelieves Jesus is mankind's savior for Heaven's sake.

Heretics, anti-Trinitarians (non-Christians) cannot figure out the meaning of the "continual sacrifice" repeated in Daniel because they have NO sacrifice. The same, they have no New Covenant explanation on how this "sacrifice" concerns the "abomination of desolation."

God is going to show them and everyone of us in our lifetime. Remember, it will happen in a most spectacular way, be happy you are living now.

colbe

p.s. Prophesied again, that word "sacrifice" spoken of in Malachi. See the "and" after the word sacrifice I ask, what is the "clean oblation?"

Malachi 1:11
For from the rising of the sun even to the going down, my name is great among the Gentiles, and in every place there is sacrifice, and there is offered to my name a clean oblation: for my name is great among the Gentiles, saith the Lord of hosts. www.drbo.org...

The "clean oblation" is the precious body and blood of Our Lord in the Eucharistic sacrifice.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

I don't think anyone claimed the world was going back to the old covenant. If someone suggested that I must have missed it.

new topics

top topics

<< 77  78  79    81  82  83 >>

join