It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's The Most Popularly Viewed File From The FBI's 'The Vault?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
This memo has been discussed here in the past. I just think that it's interesting that it's the most viewed document at the FBI digital reading room website. People are more curious about this memo from the 1950's than for instance about Bin Laden.

As for the memo itself... It makes some extraordinary claims but the FBI made no further attempts to investigate it. It's a shame really, in my opinion.

What's The Most Popularly Viewed File From The FBI's 'The Vault?

The Guy Hottel Memo: It’s the most popular file in the FBI Vault and over the past two years, this file has been viewed nearly a million times.

The memo provided the following detail: “They (the saucers) were described as being circular in shape with raised centers, approximately 50 feet in diameter. Each one was occupied by three bodies of human shape but only three feet tall, dressed in metallic cloth of a very fine texture. Each body was bandaged in a manner similar to the blackout suits used by speed fliers and test pilots.”

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Only 1 million times in 2 years, that's not exactly a high hit rate when you consider that some youtube vids get more than that in less then an hour after first release.

It does make you wonder how the people viewing it came to that page. Was it through unique searches from google etc or from direct links from people writing UFO blogs? How many were from the same people going back to the page more than once?

edit on 31-3-2013 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Do you really think the most viewed file will be the most important one??

I'm not sure why all the focus has been on the UFO material in the vault. There was some very interesting real world stuff that was disclosed.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I just saw a segment on CNN the other day about that memo, so it's apparently pretty popular for them to be doing a story on it. Of course like all news reports they tried to play it off by repeatedly mentioning that the agent's report was unsubstantiated and that reports like these are second and third hand accounts. Kind of obvious they were trying to get the viewer to believe it's not real, but you have to give them credit for covering it.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   

"The Hottel memo does not prove the existence of UFOs," the bureau said in a blog post on its website this week. "It is simply a second- or third-hand claim that we never investigated."

edit:
Can't believe I missed this part:

And the Hottel memo isn’t new, the FBI said. "It was first released publicly in the late 1970s and had been posted on the FBI website for several years prior to the launch of the Vault." Besides, the FBI notes, the Hottel memo is dated nearly three years after the infamous events in Roswell in July 1947.

edit on 31-3-2013 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatsecret
This memo has been discussed here in the past.

Indeed, it has been discussed here in various threads over the years, including in my rather lengthy thread at the link below:

Debunked! The FBI alien bodies memo – A case study in the reinvention of the wheel

I've updated that thread a few times this week to include links to the new FBI press release this week about the memo being the most viewed item on the FBI's Vault website and press reports about that press release (including a CNN video about it and a report on Yahoo News).

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by IsaacKoi

Originally posted by whatsecret
This memo has been discussed here in the past.

Indeed, it has been discussed here in various threads over the years, including in my rather lengthy thread at the link below:

Debunked! The FBI alien bodies memo – A case study in the reinvention of the wheel

I've updated that thread a few times this week to include links to the new FBI press release this week about the memo being the most viewed item on the FBI's Vault website and press reports about that press release (including a CNN video about it and a report on Yahoo News).

You are awesome!

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by whatsecret

Right there is the disclosure that everyone has been crying about.

How can anyone agrue with that ... makes you wonder about the parts that are blocked out.
Is it more conclusive evidence than the description of the little guy's space suit... ?
amazing OP and I am your first flag !!
edit on 31-3-2013 by kimsie because: keyboard is too small

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by kimsie
Right there is the disclosure that everyone has been crying about.

No, it's not.

Originally posted by kimsie
How can anyone agrue with that ...

Quite easily, if they know the background to the memo.

Basically, it's a genuine FBI document but it relates to a hoax exposed decades ago and fairly well known.
edit on 31-3-2013 by IsaacKoi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Reply to post by Ghost375

Would you mind giving a link to some other interesting stuff? I haven't actually checked it out yet, so it'd be nice to have a place to start... I'd appreciate it..... Isn't this document the same one that has been on ATS recently with people claiming it is prove of saucer/saucers crashing in roswell? Interesting this is the most looked at to me...

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Ya I posted a thread last night er so on this topic and got dissed....tough crowd.

top topics

join