It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea Watch 2013-2019

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
You make a good point, also the Whitehouse is sending allot of ' its all okay" messages, but the actions speak for itself.

I'm wondering if any marines have said anything yet. Like keep in touch or anything.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
01/04/13

Navy moves ship off coast of Korean Peninsula, White House looks to 'reassure' allies

The U.S. military has moved a Navy ship capable of intercepting missiles to waters off the coast of the Korean Peninsula, as threats from North Korea's Kim Jong Un escalate and the White House signals it wants to head off any potential conflict by flexing America's military might.

FOX NEWS

Well would seem more and more...also with the above post on china and wars games.

edit on 033030p://f34Monday by plube because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bearack

Originally posted by Mr Tranny
Every once in a while you run across someone that seams detached from reality. They just do not grasp the gravity of the situation through their ignorance, to the point that it is dumbfounding. I just seen such a person on Arirang tv.

I was just tuning through the channels on intelsat 9 and came across an interview on Arirang tv. My jaw almost hit the floor. There was some fat American/Canadian/European idiot on there talking out his rear end. He was saying, we need more tolerance and understanding in regard to NK.

Um….I am sorry but…. They are threatening to nuke our asses! The time for tolerance has officially past.

I wish I had a copy of the interview, or a link to it so other people could see it but I don’t. I couldn’t even stand to watch it long enough to figure out who was talking, let alone watch it to the end.
edit on 1-4-2013 by Mr Tranny because: (no reason given)

Sadly, I think he believes his own propaganda. He really thinks he could rule the world with his 'elite" army. That's what scares the living bajesus out of me. The lack of reality in this man's mind.

Kim has been isolated from the reality of the larger world, and even North Korea, his entire life. He is dangerous the way Jim Jones was dangerous. That didn't end very well if I recall. This situation is so much different from any of the other foreign relations issues around the globe that it's not even in the same ballpark.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Can we keep this thread purely for updates please... It would be a shame the thread got derailed.

Thx again for anyone who's contributing

China's anger at North Korea overcomes worry over U.S. stealth flights
www.reuters.com...

The presence of U.S. forces in places like South Korea and Japan has long worried Beijing, feeding its fears that it is being surrounded and "contained" by Washington and its allies, especially following the U.S. strategic pivot to Asia.

edit on 1-4-2013 by Senduko because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Here is something I bet nobody would think about coming from Mr.Un.... Now I know this would never happen, but would it not just blow all of our minds by him saying all this was an April fools joke?

Wishful thinking on my part I guess...

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Just had to post this...

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Acme sure don't build them like they used to...

At least now we know where they get their rockets from...

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Senduko

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
latest news english.yonhapnews.co.kr...

(LEAD) Samore: NK leader at crossroads between conflict, peace overture
(ATTN: UPDATES with comments on suspected N. Korea-Iran nuclear ties in last 7 paras)
By Lee Chi-dong
WASHINGTON, April 1 (Yonhap) -- After weeks of bellicose statements, North Korea's next steps remain uncertain as it has come under heavy pressure from Beijing to stop escalating tensions, a former senior White House official said Monday.

"We will see whether Pyongyang listens to what Beijing says or whether they decide to proceed with additional actions," Gary Samore, who served as President Barack Obama's key aide on arms control and nonproliferation, told Yonhap News Agency after a forum hosted by the Brookings Institution. "We're all waiting to see whether Kim Jong-un now goes into the peace offensive mode or continues with provocation."

Samore warned that the North Koreans are putting themselves in a "very dangerous situation" where the future of their relationship with South Korea's Park Geun-hye administration and their ties with China are at stake.
Could China be moving forces to the DPRK border to spank little Un's butt er arse or , to prevent US SK form invading? Also form the above link

(LEAD) U.S. says no unusual military move in N. Korea, diplomacy still possible
(ATTN: UPDATES throughout with State Department's view; CHANGES headline)
By Lee Chi-dong
WASHINGTON, April 1 (Yonhap) -- The White House said Monday the deployment of advanced warplanes such as B-2 bombers and F-22 stealth fighters to the Korean Peninsula has helped decrease the possibility of a North Korean miscalculation or provocation.

"We believe this has reduced the chance of miscalculation and provocation," press secretary Jay Carney said at a press briefing.
or Un has not had time to think ,after he messed his pants.

edit on 1-4-2013 by bekod because: line edit

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Senduko

Let me be devils advocate here....

The U.S provokes a reaction from NK and then stands back acting surprised? North Korea is reacting to the obvious dicking about by the US and SK.

They are acting like a bunch of tossers (as they always do) and then expect the world to be duped by their games?

Okay I admit we don't know everything and this could be a play by the US to get a rise from NK so they can slap them down but I like how NK are turning around to the US and telling them to "Go effk yourself! in a nutshell...even if they may get blown out of history.

Moral of the story? Don't effk about with the little kid holding the big baseball bat

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wide-Eyes
reply to post by Senduko

I lol'd so hard my false teeth almost fell out

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Just Chris

Originally posted by Bearack
China mobilizing troops, jets near N. Korean border, US officials say

Read more: www.foxnews.com...

China has placed military forces on heightened alert in the northeastern part of the country as tensions mount on the Korean peninsula following recent threats by Pyongyang to attack, U.S. officials said. Read more: www.foxnews.com...

This is extremely concerning!

With regards to the news article you posted up. Is this supposed to give the impression that China will be siding with North Korea after-all?

That's the way I took it.
If you look at what China has to gain from this conflict, and their longstanding support of NK, I fear we are very close to WWIII.

China's navy also conducted live-firing naval drills by warships in the Yellow Sea that were set to end Monday near the Korean peninsula, in apparent support of North Korea, which was angered by ongoing U.S.-South Korean military drills that are set to continue throughout April.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
If you have not seen it here it is China's reaction
www.washingtontimes.com... well it is from free bacon Home
News
Security

Radio
Subscribe
Classifieds
E-Edition

Showdown looming: China mobilizing troops, jets near Korea
Comments (22)
Size: + / -
Print

By Bill Gertz - The Washington Free Beacon

Read more: www.washingtontimes.com...
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter that is all... next head line Gen Chow makes Un a pun Duck

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I wonder what/if ambassador Dennis Rodman thinks about this? Man I would have liked to have been a fly on the wall for their conversations while he was over there.
Off topic? Probably

South Korea vows fast response to North; U.S. positions destroyer

South Korea's new president vowed on Monday to strike back quickly if North Korea stages any attack, but the United States said it has seen no worrisome mobilization of armed forces by the North Koreans despite their bellicose rhetoric.uk.reuters.com...

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Senduko

As tension mounts, this is a great Idea for a thread.

S&F

China's mobilization now heightens an already fragile situation in that region.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   
What I read from an NBC article it looks to me that North Korea wants to deal.
The Drudge headline is crap.
I have gone from heighten concern to business as usual.

Notice that all sources are reporting word for word the "China mobilizing" story....word for word....it's crap.

edit on 1-4-2013 by Res Ipsa because: (no reason given)

( This is from NBC) Read it carefully......see the part about conditions and "improvement of..blah blah.."

In a later release Monday on KCNA, Pyongyang announced the adoption of a law "consolidating" its position as a nuclear power that would use its weapons only “to repel invasion or attack from a hostile nuclear weapons state and make retaliatory strikes.”
Among the law's pledges were that North Korea would store its weapons responsibly, that it would not use them against non-nuclear nations, and that it would participate in nonproliferation talks -- though the last clause came with the condition that there was “improvement of relations with hostile nuclear weapons states.”

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Res Ipsa

My only problem with it is this.

When NK decides to launch a few mortars on SK soil, will SK actually respond with said force?

If that happens, as it already has happened in the past, I think this time SK fires back.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Res Ipsa
What I read from an NBC article it looks to me that North Korea wants to deal.
The Drudge headline is crap.
I have gone from heighten concern to business as usual.

Notice that all sources are reporting word for word the "China mobilizing" story....word for word....it's crap.

( This is from NBC) Read it carefully......see the part about conditions and "improvement of..blah blah.."

In a later release Monday on KCNA, Pyongyang announced the adoption of a law "consolidating" its position as a nuclear power that would use its weapons only “to repel invasion or attack from a hostile nuclear weapons state and make retaliatory strikes.”
Among the law's pledges were that North Korea would store its weapons responsibly, that it would not use them against non-nuclear nations, and that it would participate in nonproliferation talks -- though the last clause came with the condition that there was “improvement of relations with hostile nuclear weapons states.”

I hear ya, yet I am not taking these threats for granted, couple of things, this guy has never done the threatening, the Dad, was the heavy since like 1-2 years ago, NOW, we have the kid doing the threatening, even threatening to nuke the USA, yes, I know it sounds out of this world, yet just because he cannot launch a ICBM, does not mean he cannot send a sub, or even a damn freighter or a yacht of some kind, off the coast of the UNION, yes civilians you have to think outta the box...

This is a kid, leading a Fascist regime, his people are loyal, he has millions of them, its not like they are all leaving in droves folks, I am not taking him as a joke, he has never ruled a country before, and after the first year or so in charge, he is threatening his neighbors South Korea, Japan, American etc, democratic society's so hell ya he hates us, we threaten the hell outta him, and another thing I sure as hell would not trust China, or Russia, in this affair... period...

Yes OP, I know you want to make this topic, a bold news article thread, but I think we should have some opinions on it as well, or its going to end up on page three in a day...

edit on 1-4-2013 by Bicent76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

OMG - LMAO - oh goodness, lol - I need to share that - linky please

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Nkorea practicing live fire drills..

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join