It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New resource to counter Israeli propaganda

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+81 more 
posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   
New resource to counter Israeli propaganda

An Israel advocacy group is placing billboards around the U.S. saying that “Israelis invested $57 billion in U.S. Companies” in 2000-2010.

What does Israel hope to gain by telling these lies? Isn't it kind of stupid to tell a nation that you are begging billions a year from "We have billions to invest in your country".

Their economy is doing much better than ours so how can anyone find any logic in giving Israel our hard earned money. It's high time we told Israel grow up the money has been cut off and don't bother America again.

How did Israel invest $57 billion?

The U.S. gives Israel over $8 million per day (an incredible 3 billion per year) in aid, more than we give to any other country on earth. In fact, it is more than we have given to all the countries in sub-Saharan Africa, Latin America, and the Caribbean put together, even though Israel is one of the world’s tiniest nations. On average, Israelis receive 10,000 times more U.S. aid per capita than other people throughout the world, despite the fact that Israel is one of the world’s richest nations. The Congressional Research Service reports this is sent in a lump sum at the very beginning of the fiscal year. Since the U.S. is operating at a deficit, that means that our government borrows the money and then pays interest on this long afterward. Israel, on the other hand, receives it in an interest-bearing account, and makes interest on it. And U.S. support of Israel has cost Americans even more than the aid dollars alone, due to special arrangements and perks for Israel. A top economist who was asked to report on this found that Israel had cost Americans $1.6 trillion from 1973 to 2003 alone. For example, Israel has garnered a special arrangement whereby it can use U.S. aid money to buy weapons from Israeli companies that compete with American companies.

This link shows just how much more we need to cut Israel off. And while we are at it let's demand some money back.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   
It's called maintaining critical alliances. Like them or not, Israel is a civilized country in the middle of a region composed mostly of extremists who want to return to the Dark Ages. Nothing goes to sub-Saharan Africa, Latin America or the Caribbean because those are powerless micronations in areas of no strategic value.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadeWolf
It's called maintaining critical alliances.

In other news holes in the head are fantastic.

2nd

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 03:08 AM
link   

It's called maintaining critical alliances. Like them or not, Israel is a civilized country in the middle of a region composed mostly of extremists who want to return to the Dark Ages. Nothing goes to sub-Saharan Africa, Latin America or the Caribbean because those are powerless micronations in areas of no strategic value.

middle of the European dark age was the Islamic golden age.

Some of these countries do without a lot... and education could really turn the tide of extremism and as much as we claim they like being uneducated, the fact is the media tries really hard to focus on that. we are not making it easier and we are not making it better and the British started it in this recent age, They certainly weren't the only ones but it was mostly European intervention into middle eastern crap and we made them turn to extremism out of anger toward the games that the west has been playing... it's not simply who they are.

you don't cure the poison with more poison. If we don't want extremists then we shouldn't be giving them that as an only option. We have extremists... murders, rapist... evil evil people who do terrible things but can cloak it beneath a more sophisticated society. we've got some sick stuff going on, we just don't have as many focusing on it. our society has more walls to hide behind.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Your pretty much correct. The OP seems to have no issue with the money we give to Egypt which accounts for the second most amount of money.

Israel and Egypt get the majority of our money because we are basically paying to maintain peace and stability in the region along with maintaining a base of operations in the area out of Israel. We would have pretty much no access to that area without Israel in which to base operations out of.

Another big factor is that Israel may very well just nuke everyone to ensure their safety. Can you imagine the collapse of world economy's if the majority of the produced worlds oil is instantly cut off?

And I believe that our total foreign aid given out is less than 1% of our total budget...really a small price to pay to maintain influence over there.

People who criticize the money we give Israel and other nations really are not that well informed about global politics.

+20 more 
posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 07:13 AM
link   

I see someone has bought the Israel is our ally propaganda.

+16 more 
posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest

Your pretty much correct. The OP seems to have no issue with the money we give to Egypt which accounts for the second most amount of money.

Israel and Egypt get the majority of our money because we are basically paying to maintain peace and stability in the region along with maintaining a base of operations in the area out of Israel. We would have pretty much no access to that area without Israel in which to base operations out of.

Another big factor is that Israel may very well just nuke everyone to ensure their safety. Can you imagine the collapse of world economy's if the majority of the produced worlds oil is instantly cut off?

And I believe that our total foreign aid given out is less than 1% of our total budget...really a small price to pay to maintain influence over there.

People who criticize the money we give Israel and other nations really are not that well informed about global politics.

I think all foreign aid should be cut off. We don't even need the oil from the ME. And show where I said it's ok to give money to Egypt and not Israel?

+6 more 
posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   
SnF.

It is so wrong to give money to tear down other people's homes.

The money should be used to help homeless Americans first, like charity begins at home.

+9 more 
posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

It looks like that Israeli tax payers should be the ones sending aid to the Amercian people according to the information you have presented.

The propaganda is strong in these billboards.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by ShadeWolf

So every nation sorrounding Israel wants to go back to the dark ages?

I find that contradictary since Iran wants to improve it's Nuclear capabilities nukes or not, and the Syrian Electronic Army has had a big spat of hacking recently... Doesn't sound like the asperations of backward thinking peasants and that is just 2 examples of modern day thinking.
But in a way you are right there is many crazy backward thinking people in the sorrounding area of Israel.
Btw Fundamentalists exist in Israel too.
locations like sub-Saharan Africa, Latin America or the Caribbean have a lot of un-tapped resources and alot of nations in these areas lack basic infostructure at least more money donated to these areas would profit mankind more. Plus Israel would get what she needs regardless look at the early day military capabilities of Israel... fascinating how they turned old WW2 tanks and such into more modern tools of war.

reply to post by Corruption Exposed

I can agree with that
lol SSDD
edit on 28-3-2013 by RAY1990 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by ShadeWolf

It's called maintaining critical alliances. Like them or not, Israel is a civilized country in the middle of a region composed mostly of extremists who want to return to the Dark Ages.

I wouldn't consider the attackers of the USS Liberty, or the dancing Israelis a critical ally, not in a logical world at least...in your defense...there isn't much logic when it comes to the USA/Israel alliance.

As for the region being full of extremists, there are many, including an abundance of them in Israel as the other member above me mentioned. The sad thing is that American tax dollars are funding these Israeli extremists, these same American tax dollars are also funding other extremists in the area such as the ones in Syria (not officially of course
)

The only country in that region with the power to return anyone to the Dark Ages is Israel and their nuclear arsenal that they refuse to acknowledge, instead they declare "ambiguity"...

Maybe they can put up another billboard expressing that too

edit on 3/28/2013 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   
OP, I applaud you for creating this thread. Expect the pro-Israeli crowd to come on (as they already have), explaining how we need to support a war-mongering, intensely apartheid welfare state with money that WE DON'T HAVE because they are supposed to be "civilized".....That somehow, all the billions we give them will stop wars over in the Middle East.

LMAO!! Seriously? Israel won't rest until every single country around them has been toppled and a western-friendly puppet government is put in place of whatever leadership was previously there.

Israel is NOT a good neighbor, not a good friend, and all the people who are cheerleading these war pigs need to have their heads examined. I have a good friend who has lived there for years. Their behavior is anything but civilized. Their behavior towards those who aren't white, blue-eyed Ashkenazis straight from Europe is deplorable. It's like the south was in the turn of the last century. Christians are treated like garbage there....but over here, they're brainwashed into thinking that Israelis are their blood brothers, so they need to send their money there to support the Holy Land. Christians here are being used, and they're too deluded to see it.

I agree with the OP. Cut off all funding to them. If we need to pay our friends to be our friends, something is terribly wrong. That's not smart foreign policy, that's buying off a country. If we're gonna spend that kind of money, might as well invade and take over. If not, then let them take care of themselves. Our money could better be spent at home, where our infrastructure is crumbling and half our inner city kids graduate high school but cannot read beyond a third grade level.

Don't buy the propaganda! AIPAC is a fifth column in this country, and if we fall, they'll throw us under the bus and laugh about it. Our country is their ATM. When we go broke, they will no longer be our friend. WAKE UP!!

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Speaking of begging, here is an article that discusses how AIPAC wants to make sure that American aid to Israel is not affected by the Sequester cuts.

AIPAC lobbies Congress to protect aid to Israel

With the sequester about to take a big bite out of the Pentagon's budget, the American-Israel Political Affairs Committee (AIPAC) is lobbying Congress to exempt US military aid to Israel, reports "The New York Jewish Week" correspondent Douglas Bloomfield, a AIPAC chief lobbyist for ten years, and now an independent consultant.
"The New York Jewish Week" says that AIPAC will send thousands of its citizen lobbyists, who are participating in its annual policy conference, which begins on Sunday, to Capitol Hill on Tuesday to promote the organization's agenda, including exempting US military aid to Israel from the sequester.

I sure hope Americans stop falling for this non sense. This is greed and corruption at it's finest.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

I see someone has bought the Israel is our ally propaganda.

lets wait for "our ally" to stab us on the back.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Hey here's an idea we tell all companies in the US you have 5 years to bring all production facilities back to the US or were shutting you down for treason, Meanwhile we cut off all foreign aid to every country (5 years worth that's a big chunk of change) in the world take half that cash and invest it into graphene batteries within 2 years with all that cash we will have a feasible means to power a dang tank cross country. Take another quarter of that money and invest it into turning the mid-west into a giant power farm that can grow anything and everything we will ever need to supply our population with food. Take the remaining money and build our army up to unimaginable proportions. Then tell the world to piss off. The next five years all foreign aid money goes to paying off national debt. Then flying cars for everyone.....

That's my ten year plan vote bigcountry08 2016.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   

I thought this thread was going to advise that we turn off our TVs...

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I'm pretty new here so I have a question: why does it seem like majority of ATS hates Isreal?

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   

so you think using Palestinian children as human shields "civilized"?

or making israeli only roads?

or bulldozing & killing people, stealing their land "civilized"?

you need to rethink a few things..

like the fact israel has NUKES already but does not allow UN inspectors.

or israel spies on the USA & steals secrets & sells them..

I could go on & on but you need to take the first step to see through the lies..

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I found this on my Facebook feed this afternoon. Really amazing stuff, puts it all together historically.

It is a speech by a gentleman named Benjamin Freedman, who was Jewish, and he pulls no punches. If you have about 45 minutes to listen to this, I urge you to do so. Keep in mind he gave this speech in 1961, and NOTHING HAS CHANGED except the propaganda we're being fed is more blatant than ever. He basically lays out why America was dragged into both World Wars, and how the state of Israel was formed.

Sorry, I would condense it for y'all, but that would require a thread unto itself. Hold onto your britches, it's a mind-blower!

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by NorthBlizzard
I'm pretty new here so I have a question: why does it seem like majority of ATS hates Isreal?

That's a fair question. I cannot speak for all of ATS, but as far as I can tell, the vast majority of us take pride in seeing through lies and propaganda, and we do our research.

When you research Israel, from its beginnings to its current existence, you will begin to see that its government is evil, corrupt, and driven by an agenda which favors only a few people to the detriment of millions.

Any intelligent, fair person cannot support governments that push for pre-emtive war, genocide, apartheid, theft, and cruelty. This could also describe the US government.....but what chaps my hide is that we support these guys, and they have invaded our government and basically run us and tell us what to do and how much money we're going to give them. Anybody running for office or hoping for a government position in the US has to pledge allegiance to Israel by making it clear that they support Israel 100%. Think about that for a moment.

They get 1/5 of our foreign aid budget, plus very low cost loans and huge grants. We support them. If we were to push them off Uncle Sugar's teat, they would dry up and blow away.

You'll probably notice that the ratio of ATSers for Israel is maybe 20%. Around 80% of us see them for what they are, and there is nothing to like or support about them. If the US stops supporting that welfare state, I'll stop complaining.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join