It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

whats with the weird weather?... have you noticed...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
whats with this weather?

i turned on the news today, and heard a term about the weather, casualy reported, that i have never heard before.
the headline combined two words that quite frankly dont go together.
the term was:

"SPRING SNOW"

then i noticed...it has snowed 6 times in about 4 months
this has never happened in london since iv lived here...33 years.
also the texture of the snow, the last few times....it wasnt flakes, or hail stones... its like little beads of compressed snow, like grain...

anyway... other things have been happening

a reported biblical plague of locusts swarming into isreal a fortnight ago
www.telegraph.co.uk...

also the large number of meteors and passing asteriods
but
now i have come to the comet...Pan-starss

did anyone notice that... from when we could observe the comet in the northern hemisphere..
for the duration it was visible...the new pope came into power...the few days it was visible, the cardinals were making the decision
literally on the last day of the comet , the pope was chosen

coincidence or whatever

the fact is,, we are officially in spring...the axis of the earth, is leaning the N. hemisphere towards the sun.. it should be spring/summer....

remind me again how it can snow???...maybe unless the axis of the earth isnt right! precession?
something doesnt feel right... anyone else notice anything?
edit on 22-3-2013 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Yes definitely man I've been thinking the exact same lately and i was astounded that you noticed the texture of the snow because i kid you not i was just thinking this myself the last few times its snowed here the snow has been falling like rain instead of floating in a snow like manner and its not sleet nor hailstone just exactly what you describe like grain.

I live in Scotland so I'm used to the cold and the occasional freak snow but honestly the temperature here has just been so cold that i don't think i felt these kind of temperatures during winter, i was reading that the solar maximum has not amounted to much this time and i presume our abnormally cold weather is because of this but i dunno, somethings just not sitting right with me on this one.

Good thread because I've been thinking the exact same as you these past couple of days

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   
It snows quite often where I live and I too have seen the beads of snow, it is normal. Snow flakes will take on different shapes and come in different sizes depending on the temperature. Temperature High up in the atmosphere where they formed.

@OP. Those are a strange list of coincidences. I appreciate you having brought that to our attention(s).

S&F
edit on 22-3-2013 by kimish because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by thePharaoh

Not really unusual, I can mention several times in the last 30 odd years where it has snowed in the right up until June ( I remember it snowing at the nuts in may festival last year)

A quick internet search reveals.....

June 1975
May 1979, 1981, 1982
June 1985
June 1995
May, 1997
April 2008

And more.....................

edit on 22/3/13 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

where are you??

im saying in london...six times in a few months is new

wait wait

it snowed in june???
in 1975,1985,1995... what happened in 2005? cern had a day off?.. or a leap decade lol
edit on 22-3-2013 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by thePharaoh

Oddly enough, a few of those dates I mentioned said it was down south.

Source

I'm up in Cumbria......and it would appear my town is the only place in the UK right now where it hasn't snowed

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   
When it snows in Cairns I will become a believer.

Or Darwin...

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Climate change is accelerating.

Expect the beyond from here on out, mixed with delusions of normalicy in between.

Thanks for playing.

Game Over.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Another meteor.. just landed 22 march

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by thePharaoh
literally on the last day of the comet , the pope was chosen

On the last day? The pope was chosen on March 13, I photographed the comet on march 18.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   
ocean currents control the jet stream. polar ice melt effects currents by changing the salinity. one fear of global warming is an ice age for london

invest in good boots and a new furnace or boiler

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
ocean currents control the jet stream. polar ice melt effects currents by changing the salinity. one fear of global warming is an ice age for london

invest in good boots and a new furnace or boiler

strange how that "fear" has only emerged in the last few years as the weather has been bloody baltic- around 10 years ago it was quite normal for global warming adherents to be talking about the UK becoming a wine growing nation due to global warming, I remember such serious articles on the politically correct BBC...............................ahhh, we don't talk about that now, what we really meant to say is that the UK will get colder

Make it up as they go along with delusions of grandeur and understanding

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Credenceskynyrd

Global warming officially ended several years ago.

Hence why now everyone talks about climate change, not global warming.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Credenceskynyrd

Is there any evidence at all that the Gulf Stream/North Atlantic Drift has changed? I know it's a theory that melting ice particularly from Greenland may change it.

A quick Google only threw up conspiracy theory sites claiming there may have been a change - well they would wouldn't they?

A more serious report from the UK Met Office: "...we don’t think that the Gulf Stream
will change that much, at least in the coming century, as we go into global warming." (Found at the end of part two here www.metoffice.gov.uk... from 2012.)
edit on 23-3-2013 by rubberchicken because: spelling

edit on 23-3-2013 by rubberchicken because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by rubberchicken

It was the Jet stream that had changed this year, it normally goes up over the Atlantic and in between the UK and Iceland (I think), this year it shifted right over the middle of the UK and down into Europe.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Just checked the jet stream forecast here www.netweather.tv... Seems to be going round the bottom of the Uk and through Europe, usually it goes through the Uk or just past the top of Scotland sheilding the Uk from the arctic weather and bringing warm air in from the North Atlantic, this expains some to me.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
It's been cloudy, cloudy, cloudy where i'm at. It seems like the sun only comes out for a couple of hours, and then it's back to cloudy, cloudy, cloudy. [sarcasm]I'm gonna guess and say it has something to do with those "persisting contrails".
[/sarcasm]

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
i've been mulling over this weather for the past couple of days. no let-up in s.cumbria.
my main mull is if there is a correlation between the chebyalinsk incoming meteor and the fantastic heat produced affecting the jet stream or 'normal' weather pattern.

f(uk).

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by fakedirt

I doubt it, although it was a big one, it seemed very localised. That small one over the UK last year was seen across half of Europe (I think). AFAIK, no-one outside of the area seen the Russian one.

I would say aircraft have more of an impact than that (not much of one though, although now I am wondering, lol).

Personally I reckon (but not state as fact) that the current ice age is ramping it up a few notches (glacial period?).
edit on 23/3/13 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Snowing in WA, at low elevation. NOT normal for where I am located.

Climate change, and the axis being off, are likely culprits. IMO.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join