It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cyber attack on South Korea originated from Chinese IP - regulator

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Cyber attack on South Korea originated from Chinese IP - regulator

uk.news.yahoo.com

SEOUL (Reuters) - The hacking attack on servers of South Korean broadcasters and banks on Wednesday originated from an IP address based in China but the identity of the persons responsible remains unclear, South Korean communications regulators said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
South Korea Computer networks of broadcasters, banks paralyzed by cyber attack

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Well I'm sure a lot of you on here saw this coming, China is behind the SK cyber attack.

So what questions does this raise....

Is it a rogue operative, just out for kicks?
Is this state sponsored cyber terrorism? Was their lack of opposition to further NK sanctions just a smokescreen?
Where does the whole thing go from here???

Got to be honest and say, I was already to give Kim kudos for the attack, but alas, it was in all actuality, his far more infuential neighbour.

uk.news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   
IP addresses can be spoofed. You can also get an account in any country and make it seem it comes from the man in the moon if you wish.

It is just as likely that the attack came from the CIA as from anywhere. When will people get the point that TV shows showing tracking of the computers origins are fantasy land left overs.

Any of you could come to Australia, get an account from the same ISP I use and do whatever mayhem you wish to on the world stage. It does not mean that Australia did it.

P

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by pheonix358
IP addresses can be spoofed. You can also get an account in any country and make it seem it comes from the man in the moon if you wish.

It is just as likely that the attack came from the CIA as from anywhere. When will people get the point that TV shows showing tracking of the computers origins are fantasy land left overs.

Any of you could come to Australia, get an account from the same ISP I use and do whatever mayhem you wish to on the world stage. It does not mean that Australia did it.

P

Until China comes out and denies it. .. They did it. And I'm starting to think they, NK, and even the Russians want the STHF here soon.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by damingus

Originally posted by pheonix358

P

Until China comes out and denies it. .. They did it. And I'm starting to think they, NK, and even the Russians want the STHF here soon.

Of course that's what they are thinking. They want a role-reversal with us.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   
What difference does it make where the actual attack IP’s come from?

The computers that are partaking in the attack are just bots. Computers that have been taken over by other people without their owners knowing about it. Chinese computers will be kind of a given. That is because a lot of Chinese use pirated operating software that is poorly patched, and generally virus ridden because of that. And china has big internet connections with SK that can carry an appreciable attack payload. So it’s a natural choice to cultivate Chinese bots for the attack, no mater who the attacker is.

The question is “Who is controlling the bots?”

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Yeah but I bet it came from inside N. Korea. China comes in, sets up, does the deed, and dips out. Using N. Korea as a proxy state.

-SAP-
edit on 20-3-2013 by SloAnPainful because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

It can, however I'm sure the DOD and CIA have the means to get around that and see whats going on.

They aren't fools!

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

Of course they can. Hey, have they caught all of the members of Anonymous as yet. No! I guess they are not as good as you think they are.

You can spoof digitally and you can spoof in the physical world.

Someone gets into your Mum's computer and sets all this in motion. How do you figure out who did it. DOD and CIA would simply arrest your Mum and yell, "We got her!"

P

top topics

join