It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Paedophilia not criminal condition' says Durban cardinal

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by LABTECH767

The church don't represent your religion so don't turn away from it.. Its part of their plan
The Bible warns you about people like this and it also proves that they are working for someone else, not Jesus.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Spiro

The entire Catholic Church needs to be sold for scrap.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spiro
And while I agree that it IS an illness, I will NOT accept it as not being a criminal offence.

Sickening

Spiro

well, to be honest, having a illness is not a offense. The cardinal is 100% correct on that, not much to argue about it. What i am wondering is why he brought it up at all.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by deadline527

It is different than homosexuality because children are innocent,helpless and clueless. There is far more at stake than normalizing homosexuality.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Spiro

Just another reason why religion needs to die...

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by SonicInfinity

those in their 60s, 70s, even 80s who have dealt with pedophilia all their life and not once engaged on any of their impulses or ideas

i believe you are missing just a little something.

Obviously, a person who does not act on the weird perverted urges, going on in their totally screwed up mind can't be a murderer. So it's a sickness ! A disease that renders them for the most part, a totally worthless piece of crap, who must seek protection and shelter in some kind of convent, because he can't possibly ever provide it for himself. Lucky for them, there are places like the Catholic church that are sympathetic to the plight of these poor sick bastards. So are we supposed to feel sorry for them ? Which ones do we feel sorry for ?

The ones who fought off their urges, or the ones who didn't. ? Call me heartless, but I don't feel anything for 'em at all. If they have enough love in their heart not to hurt a child, why do I even have to know their a pedophile ?
But if their own selfishness, means more to them to the point, they ruin a child forever? That's when I will become heartless.
edit on 16-3-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

That's a sad post. So even if someone can control urges that they consciously probably don't want, and do so, you still they're a worthless piece of crap. I think they sound like a good enough person to control themselves, and unfortunate enough to have their condition. But since it most likely came from something horrific that happened to them, they are NOT passing the buck. They are stopping the process of passing it onto the next person and they are DEALING.

If you still think they're a worthless piece of crap, then I'd have to say that you just get off on judging them. Do you think there's not some problem you have that, however much smaller, that you're not dealing with perfectly? I know one thing, no empathy and absolute black and white judgment will get this planet nowhere.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by thebtheb

If they have enough love in their heart not to hurt a child, why do I even have to know their a pedophile ?

Perhaps I needed to put more emphasis on this part of my post.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spiro
And while I agree that it IS an illness, I will NOT accept it as not being a criminal offence.

Sickening

Spiro

Isn't that the process though in which homosexuality eventually became somewhat socially acceptable? After all, Homosexuality was first thought to be a moral/criminal offense, then later a criminal offense/psychological/problem, then a a psychological problem and lastly : a natural state of being for some people that should be accepted.

I am not passing any judgement on homosexuality, just observing a disturbing pattern here...

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Spiro

Not alot of info here. Just a bad subliminal message with no smoking gun.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Child molestation is more than just a crime or disease. It is a blight and a plague upon humanity that needs to be eradicated posthaste.

Unfortunately the solution for which, as of yet, would probably be something almost as reprehensible... like genetically cataloging every human being on the planet thus opening the door for all sorts of questionable policies and programs.

If only we could remove it like a bad appendix.

Okay, so it's a mental disorder. Take a look at the pathology. Sounds like the same murky waters as a serial killer. Still criminal.

These people have enough motor control to be able to physically resist acting on their compulsive urges. By law the child cannot offer consent. Therefore... gas chamber.

edit on 18/3/13 by SlackOps because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by SlackOps

I've meditated on this subject trying to find answers and you don't want to hear them.

First of all if you pay attention to nature as soon as the female bleeds males fight to plant the seed in it. UNFORTUNATELY for humans it starts at 12-13 yrs old maybe younger depending on genetics.

If you paid attention to yourselves and others growing up. By the time your 13 your already intelligent enough to go out into the work place and provide for yourself. MAYBE NOT mature enough but do have the intelligence.

That makes you practically an adult and have nothing further to know except sex.

Now if some men like older women. What does that mean for the older women who get with younger men?

I'm not making a case for it because I DO NOT stand up for it. I'm just telling you what nature tells us.

Young girls want something and they want it from someone with experience.

Here's a clue: How many young girls bang step dad while mom's at work?
edit on 18-3-2013 by metalholic because: type to fast.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 01:23 AM
link   
As long as younger people are sexually active and have raging hormones child molestation won't be removed.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by metalholic

Young girls want something and they want it from someone with experience.

As long as younger people are sexually active and have raging hormones child molestation won't be removed.

Seems to me that you are trying to apportion blame on the child and not the adult.

I've seen reports of abusers claiming that their victims 'came on to them' - sorry that just doesn't wash - the onus is on the adult to act in a responsible manner.

Even if what you allege is true that still doesn't excuse an adult making a conscious decision to exploit a childs confusion etc.

And how would any of that explain the abuse of male children or pre-pubescent girls.

Here's a clue: How many young girls bang step dad while mom's at work?

Considering the make-up of the modern family unit I'd make an educated guess and say percentage wise probably very few - possibly the same as natural born relatives.

It seems to me that you are attaching responsibility to young girls who are at a very vulnerable and impressionable stage in their development - to be honest I feel slightly uncomfortable with some of your statements.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Read it how you want to you have that freedom!

Until emotion is removed from topics you can never know all there is to know.

It's like being in love with someone. Only until you remove your love goggles can you see truth!

I'm simply offering sides of the coin that aren't rehased a million times over all over the world.

If you want to take it as I'm saying the child is to blame then that's your perspective.

But I kinda agree with Dio.

You think the devil is killing the preacher. But how do you know the preacher isn't killing the devil?

How old are these toddlers?
edit on 18-3-2013 by metalholic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by metalholic

how about being emotionally compromised by trying to justify a romantic relationship with a minor?

Is that not being "too emotional" to see the truth? That they are predators.....

I am sorry I have been tagging along and I have to agree with freeborn. Some of your comments are borderline siding with these people.

Maybe you have a fetish for ALWAYS siding with the underdog regardless BUT, these people are not exactly helpless. They are not the victims here. They make the problem we are talking about. If not there would be no problem.

If people are treating them unjustly then it is their fault for raping kids.......

I mean how is this even debatable? Our reactions? Bad....we react badly to rape.....sorry. What did you expect?

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by tadaman

It's called life experience and Logic > Emotion.

Have you ever been over at a friend of a friends house. Had there step dad walk around with his bulge showing. Not that you were looking for it but there it was anyway.

He's got a step daughter in the house. Later on in life you hear she's busted open like a hall way.

You begin to wonder if when mommy wasn't home if ol step daughter with her hormones running high didn't see the worm on the hook and take a bite.

Especially when she isn't intimidated or shy when coming on to older men.

Any questions?

See why you have to throw emotions out the window and look at stuff for what it is!

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 03:26 AM
link   
I think its great that he said what he did ! Now the world can see what there conditioned thinking is really like. He speaks for all in the Roman catholic church and they think it is not criminal. Why cant people see the truth or should I say why is it taking people so long to see the dark truth about the Church

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by STARTRUTH49
I think its great that he said what he did ! Now the world can see what there conditioned thinking is really like. He speaks for all in the Roman catholic church and they think it is not criminal. Why cant people see the truth or should I say why is it taking people so long to see the dark truth about the Church

How about the 2 brothers that was raping my g/f(There full blooded sister) who I had to put one in jail? Do I speak for him to?

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye
Finally a legitimate reason for a drone strike... Sigh!

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by STARTRUTH49

Reincarnation only takes about 13 yrs. Hope you have no children in that time period.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join