It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PA: Obama Job Approval Collapses to 44%, How low will it go?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Place your Bets! Place your Bets! at his current rate he could hit 40% by the end of the month...

**UPDATE: This is a poll of voters in the bellwether swing-state of Pennsylvania, a state Obama won by a margin of 52.6 to 46.6.

A Quinnipiac poll released today confirms what we're seeing throughout the polling world about the state of President Obama's approval rating: It's nose-diving. According to Quinnipiac, in just forty-five days, Obama's approval rating in Pennsylvania has dived 7 points, from 51% to 44%. Meanwhile, his disapproval rating soared from 46% to 51%.

Make note of this... What will Obama need to pick his numbers back up. He's going to need a manufactured crisis of another sort. His last one has certainly backfired miserably.

Though the Washington Post covered Obama's fall from public grace yesterday, the media as a whole has entered a conspiracy of silence to avoid any kind of Narrative about the President's lost ground since his shameful Chicken Little-ing of sequester. Obviously, the media knows that calling attention to Obama's weakening poll numbers will only add to his troubles, so they are hoping to ride this out in the hopes thing improve.

With numbers like these the MSM will eventually have to talk about them

www.breitbart.com...

www.quinnipiac.edu...

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Last month when Obama's poll numbers were soaring after winning the first round of budget battles with Congress, the media was falling all over themselves to report on those. But now that Obama's numbers are tanking in the wake of his and his media's failed Chicken Little-ing of sequester, we're hardly hearing a peep from the ObamaMedia.

In worse news for the White House and its media, when it comes to handling the deficit, Marist shows that Congressional Republicans are favored over Obama 44 - 42%.

www.breitbart.com...

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I'll bet $5 on 35% by June 1st.

Now you better be good for it. I know where to find ya after all.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
I'll bet $5 on 35% by June 1st.

Now you better be good for it. I know where to find ya after all.

25% probably a better bet on that one. And congress about the same. People are fed up with the way it's going, and the polls show that. The next midterms should be very interesting.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Not a chance. I live in Pa. 1 day ago a got a robo call from Tom Corbetts people. They asked 30 questions about how the governor Corbetts was doing. This was a response to huge article written earlier in the week saying that Corbett is toast in the next election. Smoke and mirrors.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   

I'll pay you in Obama Dollars.

What do you think he'll throw at the wall in an effort to stop his decline? Romantic dinners with John McCain and Lindsey Graham are not going to cut it.

Will he finally take some major cues from Bill Clinton when he displayed his Centrist colors? Obama the leftist suddenly shows off his centrist plumes. What a site that would be.... His die hard base will flip their wigs.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

I would bet my life's saving that twenty years from now he will be considered to be the worst president yet. Mainly because he and his Admin are so divisive. And there is the National debt issue as well.

What we have is Bush 2.0. I think it'll continue to get worse before it gets better. (2016 and beyond)

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Wait...what?

His Charm campaign isn't working?

Whodathunk?

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

How much worse can it get? The suspension is already worn out on our clunker of a nation. If we hit economic rock bottom we are certainly in dire straights for at least another 10 years.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho

What do you think he'll throw at the wall in an effort to stop his decline? Romantic dinners with John McCain and Lindsey Graham are not going to cut it.

You want a completely serious answer to that? If the going gets tough, he has 3 things he can pull out and I think he's VERY well aware of it, too. 3 aces to throw down very carefully for maximum strategic "save my butt" impact.

#1. Legalizing, at the federal level, a certain herbal thing which shall remain un-named beyond that for T&C.
(A passive and oblivious population would follow..or so it would be assumed...and likely correctly)

#2. He can throw a MAJOR bone on the Alien/UFO side of things, if there is true basis to it as so many of us suspect. A FULL "throw it all out there" would crash his Government and he knows it. A strategic release of real golden nuggets..I mean TRUE and serious gold in that area WOULD be the ultimate distraction.
(A distracted public is one not as apt to throw him a bad attitude)

#3 He can initiate or cause someone else to initiate a major war. History says he'll personally survive it and so, if a leader is cold enough, what DO they truly care when the stakes are high enough? It's been done before, as I'm sure you know, many times in history.
(A scared public is a quiet and docile one)

He has his options...and we'll see some or all if he starts to crater in a real way, IMO.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Yeah, I guess that's one side (state) of the coin - I think any approval ratings right now are an indictment on DC in general. I know I'm pretty much fed up with the lot. Overall, Obama is still at 50%, which is far more than you can say for congress (16%), republicans (24%), democrats (34%), etc, etc. Rail on Obama all you want - the fact is that he does better than republicans in just about every poll...

www.washingtonpost.com...
edit on 14-3-2013 by redtic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

To be honest, I didn't think it would fall below 47%

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   

How much worse can it get?

The ASWB was passed by a "panel" today goes to the Senate for a vote.

So it can get worse in any number of ways.

Hes getting close to the last Potus approval rating,.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Sequesteria didn't work out, huh? Canceling those WH tours; education money for Veterans; and planning the big blow out for the Mrs.'s fiftieth birthday just irking the "little" people who are struggling every day.

I live in PA. Alot of ObamaCare fallout with our older population. Raised rates/deductibles for those on fixed incomes NOT good. Toss in Obama's EPA playing catch up with the shale industry (the drilling on the Marcellus the only bright spot economically) and I can see his approval ratings dipping in to the 20s (except for Philly & the Burgh--where the D machine is capable of raising the dead (voters)).

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   
He's still a worshiped idol here in the great State of Hellinois.

I hate this State.
If I could sell my shop and my house, I'd be outta here.

If there's any idiots that would like to relocate to Hellinois, I'll make ya a hell of a deal on a couple different properties.
edit on 14-3-2013 by KawRider9 because: Cuz I'm evil like that.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Gallup has him at 49% Approval rating

Rasmussen has him at at 50% Approval rating

The lowest President Obama has hit in Approval rating is 39% over his tenure.

compared to career lows of....

Pres. Bush...19%
Clinton... 36%
Bush sr....29%
Pres. Reagan...35%

Just sayin....If you have to pick a single poll in a single state and cheer 44%...you might have some goggles on.
edit on 14-3-2013 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5
reply to post by jibeho

Gallup has himat 49% Approval rating

Rasmussen has him at at 50% Approval rating

The lowest President Obama has hit in Approval rating is 39% over his tenure.

compared to career lows of....

Pres. Bush...19%
Clinton... 36%
Bush sr....29%
Pres. Reagan...35%

Just sayin....If you have to pick a single poll in a single state and cheer 44%...you might have some goggles on.

And dropping.. Thanks for sharing! I've read them all.. Glad to know he is heading down to at least 36% based on Clinton's numbers. Thanks for adding the past POTUS's. Why Leave Jimmy Carter out of it? He's been compared to Obama by many and his record low was 28% in 1979. His Gallup average approval was only 45.5% That's lower than GW Bush...your buddy. www.gallup.com...

Since you last checked Gallup he's dropped to 48%

See the trend. He'll end up back at his Fall 2011 low (below 40) in no time flat.
www.gallup.com...

It is something to be happy about. He's got sequester pie all over his face... and its only going to get worse for him in the polls. Time for damage control because his charm factor has definitely faded and his pointing finger has grown limp. It's now pointing back at himself.

How are those rose colored glasses fitting these days for you? Time for an adjustment yet?

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

With all due respect, I suppose like most statistics, it really depends on how you look at the numbers.

First-Term Average Approval Ratings:

Johnson - 74.2%
Kennedy - 70.1%
Eisenhower 69.6%
G.W. Bush - 62.2%
G.H.W. Bush - 60.9%
Nixon - 55.8%
Truman - 55.6%
Reagan - 50.3%
Clinton - 49.6%
Obama - 49.1%
Ford - 47.2%
Carter - 45.5%
Source

CNS Caught the story, but Gallup ran the numbers. That kinda hurts. At least he was a slot above Ford. I mean, I'd understand Obama sinking into a real blue funk if it turned out he averaged below 'ol Gerald.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

How much worse can it get?

The ASWB was passed by a "panel" today goes to the Senate for a vote.

So it can get worse in any number of ways.

Hes getting close to the last Potus approval rating,.

I saw that earlier. This is where the Dems. in gun friendly states jump the line if they want to get reelected in 2014. I Don't think they have the votes in Senate. Fingers crossed tightly. Who's going to blackmail who in order to get the votes to pass it?

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Your assuming he cares what his poll numbers are.

He doesn't.

He isn't up for re-election again so they could hit zero for all he cares.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join