It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government Wants Volunteers to Wear White Guilt Bracelets

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

This post was too ridiculous for me to even read more than half of the post or even the responses. I was afraid I'd be too sick if I found a replier who actually AGREED with this nonsense.
I haven't felt like this since way back when they posted the thread about the Kindergarten teacher drinking her student's blood (Oh wait that was yesterday)

NOT that the OP'er is ridiculous. Thank you for sharing this. However, I'm writing to ask you one thing, FlyersFan.... and I've been wanting to know it for some time...

What is your Avatar? Can you tell me about that?

On Topic: PRIVILEGE??? I'M WHITE AND I GET TOO LITTLE (NOT THE MAX) SOCIAL SECURITY AND I LIVE IN A CRAP HOLE, EVERY JOB TURNS ME DOWN ANYWAY and I'm very qualified for the positions I apply for.

PRIVILEGE?? is it a PRIVILEGE to be hated by EVERY ethnicity that isn't white under the sun?

This notion of WHITE privilege has been going on so long it has turned INTO an oppression itself!! Everyone thinks white people are SCUM and have it too good when it couldn't be further from the truth.

In my life I have had NO greater opportunity over anyone else. Sure maybe if I was alive in mid 1900s or prior, but today? ? ? ? NOOOOOOOO. This is... this is just... This is sick.

On the streets, my friends, white people are the MOST oppressed. Heh.

You might be talking about on corporate/suit levels. In that case, I have no idea... ain't ever been up there, but where I'm from I'M the dirt.

This sounds like a bunch of white folks who are deluding themselves to stimulate themselves with a condescending ego.. Opportunity in America is what you make it.... if someone doesn't hire you because you're black, or hispanic? Ok, get more qualified and go to the NEXT place, chances are within the first couple of places you apply, they won't GAF.

People haven't hired me because I'm WHITE before. we ALL deal with it. Big deal, there are assholes in the world. Don't cry over it go to the next damn job location. I was made fun of for being white growing up quite a lot! I was bullied, made out to be something I wasn't. Assumed to be racist, assumed to be bigoted. Assumed that I had more opportunity than others when I REALLY didn't.

*THIS* is oppression, too, ya know? To keep insisting that I have these advantages that really don't do me any freaking good, oppresses me by not allowing me the REAL assistance I really needed to advance.

"Well, he's a white male... he'll be alright in this world... let's focus on the ethnic kids.... he'll be just fine.... you're gonna do great in this world you gotta great things ahead of you, you can accomplish anything you put your mind to."

MANURE@!!!@!@!@!@!! I'm in my late 20s and as poor as a cracker barrel while ethnic people fly by me in their souped up death machines as I sulk my way along the sidewalk as my only form of travel to do anything I need to do.

"HEy, I'm gonna go apply at one place and then as soon as I'm turned down by the color of my skin I'm gonna assume THATS why I was turned down then I'm gonna assume ALL places are gonna turn me down for the color of my skin and that's what I'm gonna turn this into and now I'm just gonna stop looking for work and applying and automatically think everyone is racist, instead of realizing that we ALL have to continuously and continuously apply and interview apply and interview apply and no interview apply and no interview apply apply apply and keep applying....."

Just... never mind.

edit on 14-3-2013 by Ringadingasaur because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-3-2013 by Ringadingasaur because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Actually, this... this is kind of a Paredolia type thing? spell check? I hate, really hate the word. but still....

In a way... If you think everyone hates you, suddenly everyone will hate you. If you think everyone loves you, suddenly everyone will love you. If you think everyone hates you because of the color of your skin then suddenly everyone will hate you because of the color of your skin, etc.....

I've had ethnic people admit to doing this themselves. Racism IS real, and it still is. But ALL ethnicties experience it, including white people. If you're black and go to an all white town, no doubt you're going to be treated differently and frowned upon. You're white and go to an all hispanic town, same thing. You get the same "What is HIS kind doing here?" approach no matter what you are.

Give me a million dollars simply because I'm white and I'll put on a bracelet and hop on the bandwagon. LOL.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Isn't the whole thing actually racist? Like somehow proving yes we are privileged because we are white so we are gonna show it by wearing this?

Gs

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by GermanShep

Highly.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

Star!! You have it totally right.....you can't be white.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Typical leftist tripe yet again, the good old race card.

So who is in charge of the white privilege, I have a complaint - I seem to be lacking in this privilege. The sad thing is the educational system promotes this nonsense but it seems to me the effectiveness of this tactic is wearing off.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Playing on white people for political gain is not new. Obama is very good at playing the race card and it is not his to play given he is half white. His mom was fully a white lady from Kansas for crying out loud. Why is he able to play this card when he is of mixed race? They state that this organization was formed in the 60's but this is certainly a new branch of it. I am pretty pale myself while about 1/8 NA. I do not hate anyone but I am starting to hate the government that provides this racially divide and conquer narrative agenda to the media for US consumption. What is their goal with this divisive material on a government site?

This is very suspect.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I am so disgusted by this!

I never got any special treatment for being white, I am proud of my heritage and I never took anything from the "givernment" not even a penny for unemployment.

I was responsible, worked hard and didn't commit a crime.....so stuff it up your arse, libs.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by DangerMcBacon

To be fair?
that's not fair, I must say that was rather racist and stupid...

I know black people who like rock, and not rap. I know a lot of white people who like rap, and not rock.

Seriously, man/woman.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by endats01

amen...

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   
ahh... more idiocy and further dividing the american public ... sad they should unite as one and tell the government to get stuffed ... next after bracelets will be free one-way rail trip in cattlecar ...

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   
When black guilt bracelets are popular or when pigs fly!

This idea is just as stupid as - all blacks must wear white face or wrong skin makeup!

I seldom wear jewelry and refuse to wear a pink triangle arm band - I ain't a Nazi and jewelry is for fun.

Next will be gold bracelets for politicos - oops they already wear them!

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Things like this only serve to perpetuate racism. It is highly annoying. The vast majority of the US is not racist, and I would be willing to bet that those who are come in various races. People say racism and automatically think white against black, which in this day and age is just not the case anymore. Sure there are still white racists, but there are many black racists as well.

And out of those, how many actually openly persecute another race? Aside from racist groups that is, although they do nothing but spread hate and fear in this day and age, and tend to stay away from the violence that was rampant some decades ago. Equality has been achieved, from a legal point of view. In actuality, there are more programs designed specifically for non-white races than for white races, so it could be argued and defended that the majority of racism in the higher levels of establishment, like government sanctioned, is against white people.

How is it that there can be groups labelled specifically for non-white races, while if someone attempted to do the same with the word white in the title, there would a firestorm unleashed. I think those who are always crying racism about anything, and I am thinking of a prominent person here, are really the ones that are racist. It is sort of like the saying, which is true, about the person who accuses everyone of stealing does so because they are a thief themselves. Since equality has been achieved on paper, which is all anyone can control, since you are not going to change the minds of anyone who is racist, there should be no established government sanctioned groups that promote any race over another. That is discrimination and racist in the purest definition of the term.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Well, I'll probably be labeled a racist for this, but I've got a one finger salute for the government guilt bracelet. obama stopped the White House tours over money
yet our tax dollars are funding stupid (bleep) like this?!

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   
This is a loyalty test. The point is not to make the wearers embrace white guilt but measure what percentage of this 'volunteer' organization will follow questionable, ridiculous, or self-destructive orders by experimenting on a statistically "normal" group.

By having the experiment conducted using a means that is ridiculous the liberals are hoping their ultimate goal will be overlooked: control.

Imagine having an army that is so loyal they will follow orders to assume responsbility to a crime they didn't commit, insulating the power structure from culpability. You are witnessing the formation of a "special" guard that is often used by authoritarians.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Actually love the hypocrisy of this first off in sociology poor white women and children are considered minorities.

"White privileged" or "Whiteness" started in England with them trying to put themselves above the Irish and considered the Irish to be totally different from the English "better white", with the English actually trying to enslave the people from Ireland this happened before the black slave trade. Lets fast forward to the civil war where immigrants from Ireland coming to America had been forced to fight in the American civil war to free slaves. Then fast forward to an Irish president and the the civil rights act. Funny I'm from Irish decent, grew up poor with a poor white single mother but because I'm white I now magically turn into a privileged white male who should feel guilt for his whiteness or White privilege. Yes I should hate my ancestors for being dumb enough to free, die for, give rights to and treat people of color like human beings only to have them turn around and spit right back in our faces for it by trying to lump all white people together

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   
My first reaction is "What the What WHAT? that's some seriously stupid nonsense right here"

Then i realized, if they got in young, especially during school.. this would/could be a thing, the youth would know no better than to feel ashamed, as it'll be the "in thing" and it'll be reinforced via the program..

That's a funny word that... program, I foresee many confused parents.. and guilt being the new white cool, submission being the shizz, after all your already guilty of just being born, so lay down, shut up and do as the gov tells you.. so you can get your mini rush of feeling cool, you guilty white child.

Can you imagine where that leads? "are your parents acting suspicious.. stocking food.. hoarding ammo, do they talk of freedom and revolution? Fear not, call ### "

You MUST fight this, make a public example of just how totally backwards this idea is, and it's gov (your taxes) paid for??... this cannot stand, in any nation.. WE are all HUMAN!

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   
It seems like NWO agenda is picking up pace, what can be any more obvious than this?

Divide and Conquer! However, it's good to note that's offered voluntarily and not forced on anyone?

Peace

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join