It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Great Tribulation to begin sometime shortly after March 20th 2013?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Just spit-balling here, and I'll admit I haven't read all seven pages. I'm at work, and have things to get done.

Perhaps the reason so many presidential things are lining up with biblical prophecy is because they have been holding auditions for the role of Antichrist? Take the person you deem most likely to fit the bill, and set up the situations around them. When one things works out (or could be argued to have a potential "worked out" interpretation) according to whatever scripture they're mimicking, they'll set up the next situation.

If that were the case, the timing of Obama's visit to Jerusalem could be entirely planned to line up with the arrival of Jesus... just to see if something happens. To see if he passes the next test in the selection process. If he does, then he can check round 30 off on his list, and move to bigger tests.

The reason timing isn't specified is because the recruiting process is ongoing, and one day, one of these candidates is bound to get to the point where enough stuff has been related back to scripture for that person to be "revealed". That may be the point where political support turns to religious fervor, and that person becomes a real danger to the continued existence of humanity.

You don't have to believe in God, or put all your faith in Jesus to pull something meaningful out of this. You just have to see the coincidences, and realize how unlikely a lot of them are. The most logical thing is that events are being orchestrated to make those coincidences happen.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Exciting times we are in. We never really know what tomorrow will be.

One thing is for sure, we won't survive if we can't come together, just eventually self destroy.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I find it very interesting that the official slogan for the Israel visit is “Unbreakable Alliance.” Could this be the treaty that needs to occur to fit the prophecy?
www.theblaze.com...

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by ConspiracyNutjob

If you believe in God.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by SimonPeter

Just curious.. Have you ever read the 'Left Behind' Series? I know it is not all true but they (the writers) fully believe and support the idea (with Revelation scriptures) that the Rapture will happen before anything else starts.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Hijinx

I agree that no one is safe... I never understood why the Jews are Gods chosen people but they deny Jesus.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes

Originally posted by SimonPeter
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

Matthew chapter 24 verse 29 says Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun and moon be darkened ......
Matthew chapter 24 verse 30 says And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven:.....
Matthew chapter 24 verse 31 And he shall send his angel with a great sound of a trumpet, and he shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other .
2nd Thessalonians chapter 2 tells us that we shall see the Antichrist sit in the Temple of God that will be built during troubled times .
The Gathering together some call Rapture will be after the Great Tribulation and the fall of the Antichrist and before the Wrath . Pre Tribulation Rapture is just not supported by the bible in any instance . To cling to that thought only serves the flesh .

The Rapture occurs in an instant, in "the twinkling of an eye" (1 Cor 15:52, but when He comes after the Great Tribulation, this will be at a specific place, Armageddon (Rev 16:16).

In 1 Thessalonians 4:16, He comes with a shout. In Revelation 19:11, He comes on a horse, with no shout.

In all of Revelation, which concerns His coming after the Great Tribulation to defeat the enemy, there is no discussion of a resurrection of believers, which IS clearly discussed in the passages about the Rapture. Clearly, these two events do not happen at the same time.

In Revelation 12, we are told that there will be a specific wait of 1,260 days, before He comes to defeat the enemy. Clearly, that will be a KNOWN time, and the Rapture, as described, will not occur at a known time. Also, the 42 month reign of the Antichrist will be known, so yet again, the Rapture cannot occur after that, at a known time.

The crowns which John sees on the heads of elders are given at the Rapture, so before the Tribulation. The armies clothed in white are believers, not angels. Revelation 19:8 makes it clear that such linen is the righteousness of saints. Again, they would have to have been called up already. You can't come out of Heaven without first going in.

Those gathered by the angels at the Second Coming are not resurrected, but alive. Believers that came to their faith after the Rapture. The elect at that time, and the wicked, will be gathered. Living people. Since the "dead in Christ shall rise" at the Rapture, clearly this is two different times.

In 2 Thessalonians 2:6-7, we are told the Antichrist will only be revealed once the one who restrains is taken out of the way. The Holy Spirit is clearly a restraining influence, and believers are indwelt by the Holy Spirit. So, they would have to be gone before that one could be revealed.

A Rapture after the Tribulation, at he end of the seven years, makes absolutely no sense. The Rapture occurs without warning, and the end of those seven years will be very easy to track.

In Matthew 24, we are told, a bit farther down:
37 But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,
39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
40 Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
41 Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
42 Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.
43 But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up.
44 Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.

Clearly, from these passages, people are living their lives as they always have, and are not expecting His return. At the end of the seven tear Tribulation, anyone with any knowledge of the Bible would be expecting His return.

1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 talks of the Rapture of the Church. Revelation 19:14 speaks of His coming with armies which were in heaven, clothed in white cloth - believers. Clearly, they had to be taken up before that day.

edit on 14-3-2013 by LadyGreenEyes because: (no reason given)

This is exactly how I understand it. The Rapture is the beginning, after that there is no denying that He will be making an appearance in a few years. I think people just say it is not real so they can say that this is the “end of times”.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by cheebie23

I agree that no one is safe... I never understood why the Jews are Gods chosen people but they deny Jesus.

Maybe they chose that motto to support the genocidal havoc they exacted on the lands they wanted for themselves. The weird thing is that the places they claimed to have taken by the wanton murder of the inhabitants shows no archaeological evidence for such a slaughter as they claim they did. The cities appear to have all fallen from internal strife.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ConspiracyNutjob

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes

Interesting thread. I don't have time, at the moment, to watch the whole video. Can you summarize for us? Is the 3/21 date based on the visit? Where is the evidence of the image being set up at that distance? I am NOT discounting the theory, and certainly would consider him a prime candidate; just looking for details, till I have a chance to view the video. I actually have some opinion on how soon things might get "interesting", too, and I really don't think it will be all that long. Can't say if weeks, months, or a few years, but I would be very surprised if it was more than a few. Too many signs to ignore these days.

The visit starting on the 20/3/2013 is actually based on a date that was found using a biblical interpretation of scripture. The video presentation was done in 2005, eight years before Obama decides to visit Israel on the exact date. The paralell's are ridiculous.

Some possibilites:

1. Obama knows exactly what he is doing and is simply an egomaniac
2. Scripture is truly being fulfilled
3. It is just pure coincidence.

You've got it wrong.

Daniel 11:14 And in those times there shall many stand up against the king of the south: also the robbers of thy people shall exalt themselves to establish the vision; but they shall fall.

Israel, the country, is a man-made entity.

Israel is the children of God, the bride of Christ.

Israel the country, the man-made entity, has nothing to do with the covenant that is made between Israel and the beast.

As well, the temple is the body. This is very elementary stuff for Christians. We don't go to temples built by men to pray, do we? No! Neither are our fellowship halls temples. The temple is the FLESH.

The abomination that maketh desolate is when Satan enters into the human temple. And there will be a great falling away before the man of sin be revealed. Many will follow after Satan as if he is a pastor of Christ; he will take many sheep away, and sheer them violently. But not until halfway through the week.

And what is the sacrifice? The sacrifice is the blood of the Lamb. He causes it to cease by reason of his blasphemy. he causes the oblation to cease - an oblation is a gift, or an offering, or a sacrifice. The gift is eternal life through Jesus Christ.

Do we forget these things already? As Christians, we should not be forgetting our elements.

Satan enters into the human temple, and convinces many that he is the Christ, or the Holy Spirit. he establishes himself as a leader for a while; and after many have followed him, and left Jesus Christ, halfway through his covenant as a leader to these people, he will reveal himself as the man of sin, Satan; so that people learn themselves who they were following in their blindness. How can the blood of Christ, the sacrifice, work on those who follow Satan? And how can His gift of eternal life be given to those who follow Satan?

Remember? Jesus Christ said, "My sheep know my voice, and they follow me."

So if the sheep are going somewhere else........ they aren't His sheep at all.

This is a means of dividing the wheat from the chaff. See it yet?

Now once the wheat and the chaff are separated, then they are sealed. "Let he who is clean stay clean, and let he who is filthy stay filthy." And once the wheat and the chaff are separated, then is the time of the End.

Didn't Jesus say that He would cut those days short because if He didn't then no flesh would be saved?

When Satan makes his covenant with self-proclaimed Christians, those self-proclaimed Christians are going to blame the Christians that are living in the mercy and grace of the Lord Jesus Christ for all of the horrible things that are happening to them. Yes. Self-proclaimed Christians will begin to murder true Christians.

And how will they possibly justify this?!

Really? You don't remember?

Read the next post and you will see.

So if you continue to believe that man-made entities are fulfilling prophecy, think again. God would not allow it to be so; and the reason is so that man could not fulfill the prophecy of his own work!

Though, they will seek to fulfill the prophecies, and think, in their blindness, that they are accomplishing that work; but they will fall.

And so will everyone who is following after and believing all of this nonsense.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   
And this is how Satan will justify to his sheep to martyr OTHER Christians:

Matthew 18:

3 And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.

4 Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven.

5 And whoso shall receive one such little child in my name receiveth me.

6 But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea.

7 Woe unto the world because of offences! for it must needs be that offences come; but woe to that man by whom the offence cometh!

8 Wherefore if thy hand or thy foot offend thee, cut them off, and cast them from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life halt or maimed, rather than having two hands or two feet to be cast into everlasting fire.

9 And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life with one eye, rather than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire.

And so they will. Remember how we have been told that some of us are like the hand of Christ, and some are like the eye? And some are like the foot? And that together we make up the body of Christ?

That's how the parallel will be made. And the children of Christ will be thrown into the fire because the self-proclaimed Christians will seek to save themselves from the wrath that is happening upon the earth (which wrath is actually on account of the abomination of desolation, Satan entering into the human temple ((and that human certainly has no chance at salvation)) - and that wrath is great because many sheep which call themselves by the name of Jesus Christ will follow Satan, who will call himself by the name of Jesus Christ. What a GREAT falling away this is.)

And the self-proclaimed Christians will accuse the other Christians and say, "Obey our laws! They are the laws of our God and you will obey them! That is why we suffer! That is why things won't get better! Jesus is here and he has told us! And we are going to destroy you if you do not obey!"

And we will not put ourselves back under the law; because WE BELONG TO THE LORD JESUS CHRIST - The Lord of mercy and grace and rest! The Lord of Salvation and eternal life!

Remember what Jesus said? IF a man say to you "Christ is here!" or "Christ is over there in that room!" or "Christ is there in the wilderness!" DO NOT GO -- Because your God is in HEAVEN.

But many will be conned into believing that Jesus Christ will have descended upon the earth in the form of a man, and will have set his foot down.

How many Christians today have been fooled into believing that the Jews are God's people? I mean... EVERYBODY right?

The Jews today aren't even blood jews! THEY ARE ALL LINEAL CONVERTS. There ARE NO JEWS ANYMORE. There hasn't been for over a thousand years. What's left of their blood is running through most of our veins now anyway! Were the gentiles not grafted in? Can flesh and blood save us anyway?

The Jews were utterly destroyed by the Assyrians and the Romans over a thousand years ago; and completely demolished at that. The Jews of today, the Iberians and the Ashkenazi, are BOTH CONVERTED LINES. The blood is not there. Not any pure blood of Abraham at any rate. Look up "Khazar". It's recorded history folks. And I apologize deeply to those who believe they have grown up with Jewish blood, if any of you had ever been told such a thing. And I apologize to Jews, because I am certain of you are DEFINITELY children of God. But you need to stop practicing your very Babylonian religion and you need to come to Jesus Christ, and let His mercy and grace save you; because you are not even performing your sacrifices properly, so if you keep yourselves under that law, you are dead as a doornail as I type.

There will be many children of God called out of many "religions" and many nations soon. The elect will come to knowledge of their salvation. And they will follow the Lord Jesus Christ.

Satan will come to the earth and perform miracles. And many will convert from their religions believing Christianity must be true because of the miracles. But many will quickly realize how evil that one is and how he is not the One.

This is what Jesus was prophesying about when He said, "Thomas, you have seen and you have believed. Blessed are those who have not seen, and yet believed."

Because we are blessed that we will not have to witness crazy miracles in order to follow Christ. But some will not come to Christ until they seem some miraculous power. And how shamed they will be to learn that their first understanding of it might be when the man of sin performs some of these miracles.

The deception will be so great that IF it were possible the very elect might be deceived.

I have shown you the great deception.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   

I believe you may be right the trib could be near bcuz these are the "last days, anyways check out this thraed i just made I believe it ties in and suports your idea/thread

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I just skimmed over all the replies to this, but I was really surprised that it looks like nobody mentioned about how the whole "the ice sculpture is 666 meters from the Temple Mount" thing is false.
I have Google Earth on my computer and looked up the exact location of the statue and used the Ruler to measure the distance to the Temple Mount. It's about 1,525 meters. I even went through all the other measurements: miles, feet, etc. Nothing came close to 666.

Just thought I'd help out by pointing this out.

Edit: My apologies if someone already mentioned this. If so, then I'll do a more thorough job next time of making sure I'm contributing new information.
edit on 15-3-2013 by Akiahna because: Wanted to add more to post

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Akiahna

It takes a lot to wade through the information. There is no reason why it is bad to reinforce the truth!

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Well I think the information is interesting OP. Thanks for posting.

As for the quote from the bible that no man, etc... will know the day or the hour,
I agree, thats regarding the second coming of Christ, NOT the beginning of
the tribulation or the rapture or what have you that Christians keep quoting
that verse, besides, the verse says no man... will know the day OR the hour,
it doesn't say no man can know the day AND the hour.

I will say this though, you can calculate and determine a date that it ALL
must happen by, or the bible is wrong.

The bible verse regards the prophecy of the re-birth of the nation of Israel.

The bible verse goes on to say that 'that that same generation will see
all of these things come to pass' [regarding all the words in the book of
revelation up to that point]

Israel became a nation again in 1948.

There are two numeral values given to 'a generation' in the bible
20 years, and 70 years.

For example, Moses and his people wondered through the wilderness
for a generation (70 years).

Since, obviously, none of this happened in 1968, a generation must
be defined in this verse as 70 years.

1948+70=2018

Now, the book of Revelation states that the Great Tribulation will be
7 years in length.

2018-7=2011

Therefore, according to the bible, The Great Tribulation has already
began. It began May 14th, 2011.

The bible states that the first 42 months will be relatively peaceful
and 'the man of sin' will not be revealed until after 42 months into
the Tribulation., so in other words 'the antichrist' will not be revealed
until 42 months after May 14th 2011...

That would be approximately November 14th, 2014.

Here's the verse:

"Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, andputteth forth leaves, ye know that summer [is] nigh: So likewise ye, when
ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, [even] at the doors. Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things
be fulfilled." Matthew 24:32-34

... of course, it could always happen sooner than that, it says 'this generation shall not pass' so
it could happen earlier than my prediction but not any later, and if it DOESN'T happen,
than apparently Jesus and the new testament were wrong.

Virgil Cane.

edit on 15-3-2013 by rebelv because: add quote

edit on 15-3-2013 by rebelv because: add logic

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   

I can't argue with the concept that the author of the Left behind series knows more than Jesus except to say really . Jesus said in Matthew chapter 24 verse 29 thru 31 how it was going to happen and Paul said the same thing in 2nd Thessolonians chapter 2 that the son of perdition will be revealed to us as the one who sits in the Temple of God literally rebuilt in Jerusalem .
Revelations chapter 7 verse 9 With the wrath about to be poured out God stops things and John saw the the crowd about the throne which no man could number . In verse 13 one of the elders answered , saying unto me ,what are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they?
Verse 14These are they that came out of Great Tribulation....
When Christ comes there will be no second chances . God said he would send a strong delusion so that those who loved unrighteousness will reap unrighteousness . No second chances there .
Revelations 14also tells you that the beast system comes before the Harvest .
The Pretribulation Rapture theory is mans interpertation that serves the flesh and fills churches for the preacher who preaches it verses the preacher who does not .

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I just don't see how anyone can interpret Revelations with any accuracy. So much weird symbolism left up to one's imagination.

No one can really tell who/what the four horsemen represent. It's all personal conjecture.

March 20th will come and go and nothing will happen. Then the excuses will start just like all apocalyptic predictions.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by rebelv

I agree with your interpretation with regards to the end times . The Sacrificial Altar has already been prefabbed and I do believe that the Ark of the Covenant has been brought back to Israel from Ethiopia The War of Gog and Magog is set to go and the AC is somewhere on the scene .

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Some one forgot that this is Jesus Christs program . He laid it out in Matthew 24 . And then you quote 1st Thessolonians but 2nd Thessalonians chapter 2 never registers .

If your scared say your scared , but that does not change the facts that the Pretrib package has no sequence of events to time the scriptures given .
On the other hand Matthew 24 and 2nd Thess.chapter 2 Rev 7 and 14 does have sequential order of events to give a time factor .
I hope these people haven't based their commitment to follow Jesus on a false guarantee to get out of having to deny the Mark of the Beast via the Rapture . Jesus never said anything about you not having to suffer some tribulation. He did say he that endureth unto the end , the same shall be saved .

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by SimonPeter

Thanks,

And I have heard that they do have the entire new temple already pre-fabed,
exactly as you have said, and they have all the things that needs to be
in it.

There's a pretty frightening prophecy that scared the hell out of me when
I was younger, regarding the day that the antichrist enters the holy of
hollies and says 'I am God'... It basically says when that day comes
head for the hills, and don't even go back to your house to get your
things, even be glad you have not the elderly or children to take
with you'

I'm paraphrasing of course, but that's the gist of it.

Rebel 5

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by rebelv
when I was younger

If your avatar is you I don't think you could get much younger.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join