It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government to Spend $1.5m to Study WHY Lesbians Get Fat!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
In these days of the Obama administration closing public tours of the White House and stopping tuition grants to members of the armed forces, Obama government pork programs continue to parade down the funding chute.

This thread is not a commentary against homosexual lifestyle or the dangers of obesity, but can we really afford to spend ANOTHER $1,500,000.00 funding this study ( $1,520,000.00 of taxpayer money has already been spent on this study in 2011 and 2012)...during this time of economic crisis?

The National Institutes of Health (NIH) is spending $1.5 million to study the “high public-health significance” of why 75 percent of lesbian women are obese and gay men are not, CNS News reports. Read more: www.washingtontimes.com... Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

Brigham and Women’s Hospital first received a $778,622 grant for the study in 2011, followed by a $741,378 grant in 2012, totaling $1,520,000, CNS News reports. Read more: www.washingtontimes.com... Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

www.washingtontimes.com...
edit on 13-3-2013 by IAMTAT because: correction

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

Lesbians are fat? A couple of years back I had neighbors who were lesbians and let me tell you. They were not fat and the were not ugly.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Isnt this study sexist and offensive? Where's the ACLU and the ADL?

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
It's almost as if our government wants to make excuses to shaft us, lol. This is shameful.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by XLR8R
reply to post by IAMTAT

Lesbians are fat? A couple of years back I had neighbors who were lesbians and let me tell you. They were not fat and the were not ugly.

Maybe your lesbian neighbors weren't fat but actually phat?

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
So Government can't tell them who they can or can't marry, but that government sure can spend a hell of a lot of money on them!

Where is the LGBT community on this eh?

Really going to stand for that?

The Amerikan people are the bank to the US government no one is going to bite the hand that feeds them.
edit on 13-3-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Not to sound harsh but....who cares if lesbians are fatter than heterosexuals?

1.5 million dollars worth of a stupid study!

Such a waste and for what? To find out that they maybe they don't excersise and perhaps they go over their daily measures of caloric/fat intake?

Isn't that what typically (not all cases of course) makes everyone fat.

Bam! Mystery solved! Now give me my 1.5 million.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Well now.... (checks the book in my Avatar for a Constitutional reference) (Checks whole Constitution) ......Hmmmm

You know, for the life of me, I can't see anywhere that it's the Federal Government's business to pay one dime about anything like this. Ever. Now I do see where there is a 10th Amendment that leaves everything not otherwise stated to the States. So people could get their state to piddle the money on nonsense like this. That's fine. It won't be MY state and state's can't print money. It's self limiting.

Err.... People wonder where billions become trillions. Well, I'd say 1.5 million at a time. It adds up fast when it's full of ..well, colorful and pungent stuffing.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
** Closed - pending staff review **
edit on Thu Mar 14 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

top topics

join