It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Pirate Bay Accepts Kim Jong-Un’s Offer to Operate Freely From North Korea

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Hi all

Seemingly Kim Jong-Un has offered TPB safe operation from a protected location somewhere in Pyongyang, NK.

This is truly an ironic situation. We have been fighting for a free world, and our opponents are mostly huge corporations from the United States of America, a place where freedom and freedom of speech is said to be held high. At the same time, companies from that country is chasing a competitor from other countries, bribing police and lawmakers, threatening political parties and physically hunting people from our crew. And to our help comes a government famous in our part of the world for locking people up for their thoughts and forbidding access to information.

I say good for the TPB.. They have done nothing wrong.

The Pirate Bay has been hunted in many countries around the world. Not for illegal activities but being persecuted for beliefs of freedom of information. Today, a new chapter is written in the history of the movement, as well as the history of the internets.

theintelhub.com...

NB: I did a search to see if this thread had already been put up, but all I got was;

500 Internal Server Error

The server has either erred or is incapable of performing the requested operation.

Any ideas as to why..?

peace
fluffx

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
HAHA Deadly!! Not sure how fast it would be? However, it doesn't host anything except small torrent files.
The files are not on their servers, so... it may work?

Google CEO was there last month to assist, and freely implement, a new Internet.

Edit: Yeah the ATS "Samuru Search" is absolute rubbish.
edit on 5-3-2013 by CALGARIAN because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Ha ha this is brilliant, I watched a documentary about Hollywood taking the pirate bay to court highly recommend it, it's called "afk away from keyboard".

This is like a massive F U. To America

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Wow this is crazy news I guess. Well good for them

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Wow, wasn't sure about the intelhub link but thepiratebay's blog says

The Pirate Bay has been hunted in many countries around the world. Not for illegal activities but being persecuted for beliefs of freedom of information. Today, a new chapter is written in the history of the movement, as well as the history of the internets.

More at the link , this is truly astonishing! Now I just hope that this isn't some kind of lure to the demise of thepiratebay.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by kyle43

More at the link , this is truly astonishing! Now I just hope that this isn't some kind of lure to the demise of thepiratebay.

Don't count on it. The LAST thing North Korea is going to do is invite one of the largest pain in the asses for western and European bureaucrats and then hand them over to them.

No, I think this is probably the BEST thing for TPB if it wants to remain functional and active. My only question is will the team move there to support it's servers?

~Tenth

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by fluff007

Kim Jong-Un for free speech.... He has succeeded where the rest of the world has failed...

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I should rephrase and say I hope it isn't the going to be causation for further saber rattling with North Korea. I hope I don't see the day where Obama and Beyonce tell the American public we need to go to war against North Korea because they are "stealing" our "entertainments" top 20 lists.

As far as free information sharing goes, just like TPB said, its very ironic...I will be keeping an open mind as more information hopefully comes quickly!

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Its all for the Lulz!!

Look at the sheer number of news outlets it is on.. it must be true!

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Who would trust connecting to and getting content from servers in NK.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
The piratebay itself released a statement on its forum declaring that the statement that they had moved to North Korea was untrue. They basically released the initial statement as a Hoax.

They updated the thread they release the statement in yesterday saying

"Many of you need to be more critical," "Even towards us."
"You can't seriously cheer the 'fact' that we moved our servers to bloody North Korea ... Always stay critical. Towards everyone!"

link
edit on 5/3/13 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Little Kim surely knows how to take NK propaganda games to a level suitable for the year 2012.

Say what you want but his latest stunts with Dennis Rodman and now TPB is ingenious in more than one way.

It is like an inverted Voice Of America. But instead of the US broadcasting free information into soviet states, which people weren't allowed to receive there, little Kim broadcasts free warez into the western world. Heh, I like it.

EDIT: Duh .. haha .. nice hoax. But actually I had no problem believing it with the current Rodman story. Would only have made sense. Saw the NK-flag-coloured sails yesterday on TPB as well, clicked on it and read their statement. ( Went there for research ! )
edit on 5-3-2013 by H1ght3chHippie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Yeah, it wasn't very plausible to be honest. Moral issues aside, even just getting there and back, having to maintain equipment there, would be a nightware I would think.

Maybe Un thought he'd get a bunch of cool media out of it

~Tenth

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   
You must give it to those North Korea.. ehm Pirate guys. They don't shy away from some fine pinched humour whilst bugging the hell out of the enemy.

edit on 5/3/13 by D.Wolf because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/3/13 by D.Wolf because: north koreans replaced with pirate guys

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Yo ho ho...
and a bottle of rubbish!

- Lee

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

You clearly have no idea what you are talking about, so why comment ? there is no content on TPB. it is just links to other servers.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   

fale@machine:~$ tcptraceroute -f 128 -m 128 thepiratebay.se Selected device venet0, address 5.9.249.8, port 40771 for outgoing packets Tracing the path to thepiratebay.se (194.71.107.15) on TCP port 80 (www), 128 hops max 128 thepiratebay.org (194.71.107.15) [open] 51.673 ms 49.002 ms 47.187 ms

That server is in Germany, no way it's possible to have 50ms to NK. Also traditional traceroute has 500ms+ RTT. They are faking/spoofing the ICMP responses. They are also prepending their route advertisement with corresponding AS paths to further disguise it.

From TeliaSonera looking glass lg.telia.net... 194.71.107.0/24 *[BGP/170] 02:10:36, MED 0, localpref 150, from 80.91.255.255 AS path: 2914 39138 22351 131279 51040 I AS39138 is probably the real upstream provider of TBP.

They peer with AS51040(TPB network) and TPB router prepends AS22351(Intelsat) and AS131279(North Korean ISP) into it's AS Path before advertising it to AS39138.

LINK

OR .... from ArsTechnica

Tom Paseka, an engineer at Web security company CloudFlare, confirmed to Ars that The Pirate Bay announcement is "almost certainly" a fake. Border Gateway Protocol is used to make routing decisions about how to move Internet traffic, and it's based on a "trust model" that makes it relatively simple to insert a bogus "autonomous system" or AS number into the route. "In this case, they've dropped AS131279, the North Korean backbone's network number, into the mix," Paseka said in an e-mail to Ars. "The routing is inconsistent with how AS131279 does their routing—they usually route via China Unicom, AS4837. The Pirate Bay's prefixes are not routed via this path."

How about doing some PROPER research before posting gibberish ? HOAX..... and its an old one as well, used before to generate lulz. TPB are trolls and heres a POST made by them , If you dont think they are trolls read the letters for DMCA requests (NSFW)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Pretty sure Pirate Bay owners will be prosecuted for some sort of sanction breach.

I mean, this is North Korea for heavens sake, there's a reason they are isolated.

In theory yeah sounds awesome, but i don't think it will be allowed to go on, unless the owners of Pirate bay themselves move and reside in North Korea.

... next time your browsing for your por..... movies on pirate bay, beware the comments section, specially the user called '' kimskoreascool ''

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

Spoofing an ICMP response is the last thing they care about , Just another F++K YOU to TPTB lol. They did the same thing a while back as an April fools joke.

I can swap IP's instantly ( Germany , Holland , Sweden ) I don't live in any of those countries ! Admittedly my way is legal via a VPN and TPB way isn't, but legality isn't top of TPBs agenda at present.

Oh and you don't need to live in a country to run a server from it ....Some magical thing called the internet , maybe you have heard of it ?

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Rule34

you mean the internet that got me to ats? (thanks for the immaturity)

It doesn't have to be technological to stop this, like I said.. North Korea isnt on the 'friendly' list for the west.

The owners of Pirate bay could be charged with some sort of criminal act for operating a business out of North Korea.

As for the internet and restricting Ip's and DNS's, im sure with North Korea's lack of infrastructure, electricity, modern day aspects that stopping such a thing for working well isnt difficult, even if you do think you know everything about computers.... rule34!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join