It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Pirate Bay Accepts Kim Jong-Un’s Offer to Operate Freely From North Korea

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Why the hell would TPB which is also an iconic symbol for liberty/freedom (in some way)...take refuge in the most suppressive and despotic regime on this entire planet? You must be kidding me!

Please tell me this is a hoax.

Edit: Why (lol, seriously, it gets even better) should Kim Jong-Un have "an interest" in hosting TPB? NK is about 50000 years back in the stone age with many people not even having electricity. There is no infrastructure to host a server. Seriously, ridiculous.
edit on 5-3-2013 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

Did you actually read my first post ? Didn't think so

They are "pretending" to do it ....First link is from a hackers forum and its about a trace route and the second link is from one of the top tech sites on the internet , with EXPERTS backing it up. Both confirm that its not real, but as per usual everyone posts wildly and wont read any other post.

Read the links, its a HOAX

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Rule34

Nope!
but reading your attitude on your posts, i can see why I didnt.

You confused me, on one hand it appears your backing up why it would work in North Korea by using masks for IP's, on the other you maybe were talking about the blog post.

I dont know

I still stand by my statement, IF it were true, that the pirates would be prosecuted for operating out of North Korea, so it wouldnt happen!

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Maybe that's where NK has been getting their references from to make those videos .

Also I for one believe "artist" of all kinds , musciscians especially need to learn that what they do is a gift so why should they even be rich ... A true artist share his gift for the better ... Not to hope to be greedy and rich or rich at all because we all know money brings out the worst in us even our own government is turned by this stupid paper.... Well paper is flammable and were going to realize how simply stupid we've been all this time ... Its like anybody can take a stand and call the shots around America... And we look on with glared eyes blinded by the falsely implemented pride called patriotism ...

Hopefully NK is opening up more even if its just to better itself it's always good to have something different happen once in a while... Atleast.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   
How reliable is this information? TPB is basically already as secure as one ever can be. They dont have .torrent files anymore, they use a cloud system etc. If they were raided or got broken into the only thing they'd get is computers that don't even have hard drives.

[edit to add] Apparently TPB has this on their blog too so it's legit.
edit on 6/3/2013 by PsykoOps because: add

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by fluff007

Yay… S&F and thanks for the heads up.

Too good to be true, long live NK. I personally hope that late Demonoid and MiniNova find their ways there too.

Keep crossing fingers..

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Rule34

Didn't they say the other week that they moved away from a server based backend to a cloud based backend ?

So maybe you just traced a single node in the cloud. German authorities are quite restrictive when it comes to copyright infringements, and have no problem with loading a whole data center into trucks and commandeer it for analysis.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I understand not reading the whole thread before posting when it's 10+ pages long, but really, it's kind of upsetting how many people in this thread didn't read the whole thing before posting.

It was said early on in this thread that it's a hoax but people keep coming in here totally oblivious to that fact. How lazy.

What is the exact law that would make it illegal for the owners of Pirate Bay to have their business in North Korea? I don't know of any. We can't import goods from North Korea, but I'm pretty sure they can't stop you from operating a business there.

It doesn't matter since it's a hoax, but someone said they could get in trouble simply having their business there, any proof to this statement?

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   
PMSL!

Why does this not surprise me!

TPB: "Guys, I don't think this hosted-mirror lark or these drones are working, where can we go that's the most secretative place in the world......hang on a minute!"

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Wow, well look at that.

I'm sure he probably uses it often, which is why he given the offer. We all know how they tend to get when they're upset.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join