It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Student Punished for Refusing to Salute and Recite Mexican Pledge

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Very interesting. The girl is right. Anyone pledging to the Mexican flag ought to be thinking about living there instead. This situation definitely stems from the radical La Raza movement though. It has been happening for a while. It stems from the reconquista plan to recover the Southwest for Mexico again. Politicians are allowing it to go on because they want the votes. The Progressive agenda is to destabilize society by pushing divisive conflicts.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by brandiwine14

In cooking class we had to make a "german" themed meal should I have said no thanks

That is far different from a Spanish teacher demanding people give the Mexican pledge. That should never happen in an American school anywhere in any of the states, but I guarantee it is the Progressive agenda and this Spanish teacher is being a good Progressive.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracy nut
did a little research and found her facebook page.
seems she is a little "radical" herself. she will probably get even more brownie points from some of you. it seems her political views include, ouck fbama.

lack of respect for our commander in chief much? perhaps her political views are a bit harsh for a teenager?
edit on 1-3-2013 by conspiracy nut because: (no reason given)

So now she is radical because she won't buy into the Progressive agenda being sported by the President? That is definitely the party line and I've read it a dozen times on these threads.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 05:29 AM
link   
My daughter is a senior in high school. She had 3 years of Spanish .. just finished Spanish 3 last year. At no time in those three years was she required to memorize and recite the Mexican Pledge while standing in the 'salute' with the right arm extended and the palm facing down. She didn't have to memorize the pledge or the anthem at all.

This is not part of a nation wide curriculum.

Considering that this is the first we've heard of it, I doubt it's a Texas wide curriculum either.

It looks like it's probably something this NEW hispanic teacher came up with on her own.

Agenda or stupidity on her part ... either way it was wrong.

(Considering what happened after the assignment, then for now I'm going with 'agenda' and the "F" was given out of spite. I'll change that opinion if facts come to light saying otherwise)

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 05:50 AM
link   
It seems as though the hardest words in any language are, "I'm sorry. I made a mistake."

I think this because the teacher cannot say those words.

She tried to force a child to pledge allegiance to a country that wasn't hers. Purely political, purely symbolic, but an affront to those who do feel allegiance to America.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   
THAT'S OKAY! Come to our country (illegally) demand the same rights to insurance, to work, to protest, to sue people, get scholarships, get everything from grocery stores to hardware stores to label everything in your "home" language, bring crime to in precidented levels then take over our schools and make us show love to that cess pool you couldn't leave fast enough. I know that's a pretty crappy statement, wish it was an exaggeration.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Texas is The State of United States of America... It was, earlier, part of The Mexican Empire, before the colonists and US Army made Texas to be USA... Danger of Imperialism, can't you see that is true, even for USA integrity... And British, French, Spanish, imperialisms, too... No joke.

link   

Texas is The State of United States of America... It was, earlier, part of The Mexican Empire, before the colonists and US Army made Texas to be USA... Danger of Imperialism, can't you see that is true, even for USA integrity... And British, French, Spanish, imperialisms, too... No joke.

link   

link   

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by rimjaja
All I can say is that Texas has some pretty fakked up school districts and you will never see a more liberal and sanctimonious bunch of teachers and administrators.

When we lived there, my kids were not allowed to get pre-k because they were not hispanic. They were not allowed to celebrate birthdays, Easter, Christmas, thanksgiving, Halloween or any other holiday because it might be " offensive" to the 33% Muslim population. Their cafeteria at school always served one meal that was dreadful but contained meat, and the "fun" meal was always vegetarian ( talk about indoctrination).

I was told that I was not allowed to send homemade cookies for snack time but Diet Coke was on the approved list of snacks.

The school district north of ours had a big fracas in the news because they allowed the Mexican kids to celebrate cinco de mayo but sent home American kids wearing US flag shirts and lapel pins. The same school district hung the Mexican flag in the school atrium but didn't allow the American flag to be hung.

I could go on and on, but needless to say, I am glad we are no longer in a Texas school district.

I can tell you a big part of the reason things are so bad. I know people IN Texas that won't even admit such things happen. They are so caught up in this "Texas means freedom" mentality that they refuse to acknowledge when such things happen. They prefer to bury their heads in the sand and claim that this "couldn't happen in Texas". Some cases, I talked about what happened, and not where (when it WAS Texas), and was told, "Well, that wouldn't happen here!" When I stated that it did, in fact, happen there, they tried to claim they read it was "somewhere else", and then acted like the information must be mistaken, or misrepresented, etc. Completely bizarre, eh?

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Ha! Ha! Too funny...Well, I think that they should suck it up and either go to another school or be home-schooled. If this is school policy then....what ya gonna do?

My daughter was punished for not stopping in the school hall when the american anthem was played and forced to swear allegance to the State of Texas (weird, I know!) when she was in highschool there. SHE IS CANADIAN! What could she (we) do since she was living there???

Rules is rules...when in Rome and all that... I am not surprised by all the confusion over things like this. After all, the yanks did steal this area from the Mexicans in the first place, so things are bound to turn around and bite you in the butt.....What goes around comes around.....

Whatever...people need to get there priorites in order...I think that we all need to pick our battles a little better

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join