It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

two pics that really smacked me in the face .....

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Only things Id say towards those pics is that Iran is the superpower of the middle east, there's a reason we havent gone in and its because they would cause some serious hurt. Add to the fact that they use this to get away with what they can does make them a threat, but until they do something about it? we have no choice but to leave them alone.

As for the alien, we're not fighting over oil. We're fighting on the money the oil brings us. If solar energy or bio fuels were as profitable as oil, we'd be fighting over that instead.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by cass1dy09

That first picture is not accurate.

You may eliminate poverty for approximately 10 seconds then it will be back. At least that money spent on a war will end that current war and it probably won't happen again.

I read somewhere, some psych study, that if you gave poor people 10 million dollars they would be right back in their current situation within five years.

Its not about having the money its about having the drive to acheive and maintain that is the key.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest

Im sure that stat is not based on just giving the poor straight cash as it would be used to help educate people out of poverty in which ever methods.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by cass1dy09

Im sure that stat is not based on just giving the poor straight cash as it would be used to help educate people out of poverty in which ever methods.

Yes the statistic I read was given a poor person 10 million in cash.

I agree that changing the internal structure, particularly making higher education easier to access would greatly help those who are not as likely to be exposed to that world.

I was raised on a ranch and was expected to simply enter into that world when I became an adult. I decided to go to college and believe me that they do not make it easy to access it. Having no money it took me forever and a day to figure out how student loans work and yada yada so this area could definitely be improved.

I almost gave up and went home because it was so frustrating so I can't imagine the obstacles faced by those with even less knowledge than I had. I hate to even think of some of the brilliant minds we are missing out on simply because we make our system so hard.

Really sad.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 02:42 AM
link   
You guys kill me. First off, no American bases exist in Saudi Arabia, Turkmenistan, or Uzbeckistan. And black dots depicting US bases in Pakistan is absolutely laughable....THEY HATE US! Why would they let us have all those bases in their country? As it was we had to sneak in under the cover of darkness to kill OBL....but you guys see those bases in Pakistan and say "Yep...US has bases there."

Someone do some RESEARCH because your killing me. And I don't know if you guys actually read real news but we left Iraq awhile ago...there are no more American forces there. Basically you can cut that list by 3/4 because the rest of it is BS.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by bruwin
You guys kill me. First off, no American bases exist in Saudi Arabia, Turkmenistan, or Uzbeckistan. And black dots depicting US bases in Pakistan is absolutely laughable....THEY HATE US! Why would they let us have all those bases in their country? As it was we had to sneak in under the cover of darkness to kill OBL....but you guys see those bases in Pakistan and say "Yep...US has bases there."

Someone do some RESEARCH because your killing me. And I don't know if you guys actually read real news but we left Iraq awhile ago...there are no more American forces there. Basically you can cut that list by 3/4 because the rest of it is BS.

I believe the map in the OP is referring to drone bases, not actually fully utilized military bases.

We have these spread all over the middle east and its really nothing more than an airfield with a C&C trailer along with some local guards for protection.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Sometimes ignorant level of some members of this forum amazes me, the poverty means lack of “basic human needs” and money is not part of it.

Those 10 million dollars of yours could be used on mass education, rebuilding and lifting up self-confidence of some “broken” souls in these damn materialistic societies we live in, reducing homelessness etc..!

Back to the topic…

Thank you OP for those pictures, says a lot S&F for you.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 02:57 AM
link   
The OP and the picture states "US Bases." And even if he does mean drone bases do we really have drone bases in Pakistan???? The same Pakistan that complains daily about drone strikes in their country? C'mon now...that map is crap and I'm a poet and don't even know it.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
Only things Id say towards those pics is that Iran is the superpower of the middle east, there's a reason we havent gone in and its because they would cause some serious hurt.

The reason we haven't gone in is because we have an adminstration that could care less if we are wiped off the map..

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by amkia

Sometimes ignorant level of some members of this forum amazes me, the poverty means lack of “basic human needs” and money is not part of it.

Those 10 million dollars of yours could be used on mass education, rebuilding and lifting up self-confidence of some “broken” souls in these damn materialistic societies we live in, reducing homelessness etc..!

Back to the topic…

Thank you OP for those pictures, says a lot S&F for you.

Hiya sunshine, hate to inform you but we have mass education and it doesn't work.

Does taking money from the military and dumping it into a proven broken system fix poverty?

I don't think so.

Reduce homelessness?

How exactly? Please inform us how you would spend 100 billion dollars to reduce homelessness that would actually work. Sure you can give the current crop of homeless people shelter for a few years but what about the truckloads more coming in the following decades?

Your putting band-aids on problems and not finding a solution.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by cass1dy09

Originally posted by cass1dy09

OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!! REALLY????

Guess how many people are going to be unemployed if the government can't come to an agreement? Half the military will be disbanded and all non-essential civilians will be fired. That is adding more peeps to the unemployment line!!!!!!!!!! Why????? Because we are currently not a war with anyone? How do I know this? Because I move the stuff back from the Middle East...its over...done...stick a fork in it. War was the only thing keeping this country a float, but none of you are smart enough to see that!!! None of you realize the military only makes up less than 1% of America. Not to mention the fact that China actually has a bigger military than anyone and their defense spending is fine. Also, not to mention that our current defense spending is positive.

What is destroying this country, is ALL OF YOU!!! "I support welfare...it is great!" Free money to everyone then.

You soul sucking democrats wanting the end the world, need to jump off a cliff. And, you Republicans need to stand your ground and quit faltering when a Democrat tells you to jump.

Don't even dare challenge me that it isn't the Democrats fault.....THERE IS A MOTHER FREAKIN DEMOCRAT PRESIDENT RIGHT NOW. GO PACK SAND!

Without WAR...this country WILL FALL

And, pretty soon we WILL NOT HAVE A MILITARY..........BRING IT ON RED DAWN!!!!!

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by johngrissom

What is destroying this country, is ALL OF YOU!!! "I support welfare...it is great!" Free money to everyone then.

You soul sucking democrats wanting the end the world, need to jump off a cliff. And, you Republicans need to stand your ground and quit faltering when a Democrat tells you to jump.

Don't even dare challenge me that it isn't the Democrats fault.....THERE IS A MOTHER FREAKIN DEMOCRAT PRESIDENT RIGHT NOW. GO PACK SAND!

Without WAR...this country WILL FALL

And, pretty soon we WILL NOT HAVE A MILITARY..........BRING IT ON RED DAWN!!!!!

Finally...someone with some common sense on this site.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 03:25 AM
link   
So by the same analogy Canada is about to be invaded?

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by johngrissom

Very well then.. but one thing….!

Keep that fu****ing war of yours inside your continent and start kill each other see if anyone outside of that hell hole cares!

Why should the rest of the “civilized world” suffer from A.S.S…?

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Hyia moonshine…

Educate yourself and start TODAY..!

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by johngrissom

While its obviously not just cut and dry that we could eliminate a huge
chunk of military spending the rest of your little rant is a fallacy,
i do agree that our economy will most likely fall apart but its not because
we are not at war and even if that were the case then how in goodness
name can you not see a problem with that?

The united states, all by its lonesome, has spent more than half the WORLD
budget on military and your asking me to believe that cutting that, even by
half is gonna make us weak? REALLY?

War mongering and political BS is utterly useless in solving this problem,
one that if you had been paying attention was here all along, the idea of
unlimited business growth and never ending credit lines is completely foolish,
a business cannot sustain unlimited growth, it simply is not possible, there
will always be ups and downs, there will always be mistakes made that ruin
their customer appearance leading to loss of profit.

The mistake that everyone seems to be making is blaming one side or the
other, blaming the leeches or the rich people, the democrats or republicans,
i find it comical that anyone can look at our government and think in any
way those fools are out to help us........ they both have their reasons and
in all honesty i think they work together and give the appearance of partisan
politics just for the people.

The claims you make are patently false by one simple little thing, the last
pres was mr bush a republican and things went to crap under his rule,
they have simply continued the whole affair of band aiding problems and
not fixing them so that they may keep their budgets and spend spend spend.

What we really need is actual responsibility you know, the kind where we
pay back our debts, rebuild our infrastructure and actually fix the problems
we have, not just band aid them away for a couple more years. which both
parties are clearly doing.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
Love these pics!

So much can be said with a picture.

If I was surrounded by my enemies, would I be the threat?

and...

What is the Alien really thinking?..."Idiots"

Peace

edit on 24-2-2013 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

What the Alien is thinking....?

After your first guess he would probably soon think ....."Someone is playing a disgusting deadly lying game against his own species"..

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Interesting info you have provided, they did not worry about owning the oil back then, but since it started to support their personal currency in place of gold they did not have enough of they want that oil back in their hands.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 04:38 AM
link   
The first image is a cropped version of this (click for full size):

Another overview of the US bases (with year of establishment):

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by LightningStrikesHere

They set up the system so that oil is worth a lot of money.

Jeez - we kill each other over a spilled beer. You think it surprising we fight for oil?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join