It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea warns U.S. forces of "destruction" ahead of war drills

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   

North Korea warns U.S. forces of "destruction" ahead of war drills

news.yahoo.com

SEOUL (Reuters) - North Korea on Sunday warned the top U.S. military commander stationed in South Korea that his forces would "meet a miserable destruction" if they go ahead with scheduled military drills with South Korean troops, North Korean state media said.
Pak Rim-su, chief delegate of the North Korean military mission to the inter-Korean truce village of Panmunjom, gave the message by phone to Gen. James Thurman, the commander of the U.S. Forces Korea, KCNA news agency said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.reuters.com
thehill.com
www.kcna.co.jp

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   
It seems that this threat was not the usual rhetoric that we hear from N.Korea. N. Korea used the UN to make the threats as well saying that the military exercises are actually training for an invasion of their country and that they would not stand for it anymore. This coming after their recent nuclear test in defiance of the UN and the international community is alarming to say the least.

Another article said " the Spanish Ambassador Javier Gil Catalina said the comment left him stupefied and appeared to be a breach of international law." , "In the 30 years of my career I've never heard anything like it and it seems to me that we are not speaking about something that is even admissible, we are speaking about a threat of the use of force that is prohibited by Article 2.4 of the United Nations charter,"

So it seems that N.Korea does not even care for UN sanctions or law. Interesting events to say the least.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
North Korea,

You may fire when ready!

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
from that Korean news link

U.S., S. Korean Warmongers Plan to Stage Joint Military Exercises
Pyongyang, February 22 (KCNA) -- The U.S. imperialists and south Korean warmongers plan to stage the joint military exercises Key Resolve and Foal Eagle for a preemptive nuclear attack on the DPRK across south Korea from March, according to the south Korean KBS.

The plan envisages waging the exercise Foal Eagle from March 1 to April 30 and the exercise Key Resolve from March 11 to 21, to make the sky, land and seas of south Korea into theatres of war exercises against the DPRK.
The warmongers also mull holding more than dozens of joint mobile drills during the Foal Eagle exercise.
It was reported that the U.S. imperialist aggressor troops including at least 10 000 overseas based GIs and huge armed forces of the south Korean army and even armed forces of other countries under the helmet of UN Forces will take part in the exercises.

It is as clear as noonday that their saber-rattling to militarily stifle the DPRK will entail grave consequences as the situation of the Korean Peninsula has now reached the worst phase owing to the anti-DPRK campaign of "sanctions" by the U.S. imperialists and their allied forces.
The U.S. imperialists and south Korean warmongers try to disguise the joint military exercises as "annual and defensive ones" to cover up the aggressive nature as usual.
But, the aggressive nature of the warmongers obsessed with ambition for war against the DPRK can never be covered up.
www.kcna.co.jp...

It seems they are trying to say it is aggressive. It looks like they have their minds made up that there is something more than just a military exercise. Pretense for a retaliatory attack by N.Korea? Or are they just trying to make their own people live in fear?

Do they plan on using their new nuclear weapons? Can they?

edit on 23-2-2013 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by tadaman

Very interesting.

They do not care about sanctions and it would surprise me if they do not act sooner than later. Words can only go so far, N. Korea is ready for action. Their test was successful and they do not care if they go down with us... as long as we go down. My opinion, of course.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   

A direct message from the North's Panmunjom mission to the U.S. commander is rare.

I know they always respond with threats when South Korea and the US hold military drills, but this is rare indeed. It feels that this time they really seek confrontation.

meet a miserable destruction

If your side ignites a war of aggression by staging the reckless joint military exercises...at this dangerous time, from that moment your fate will be hung by a thread with every hour," Pak was quoted as saying.

If you say things like this, that is a direct threat so this is going to be very interesting to see how this develops...

edit on 23-2-2013 by citizenoftheworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I don't even know why they bother publicizing their threats. they've never done anything and will never do anything. North Korea is just an attention whore.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Donahue

I dont know man. They didnt just say it to the press. They called up a US general on the other side of the peninsula and threatened him. They also used the UN as a platform to make a threat of force against the US and S. Korea. There is a difference.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Just another country that wont bow to usa so they are slandered and lied about until the usa sheeple are once again OK with another war. This is getting ridiculous.... And people actually believe what the MSM says about how 'bad' n.korea is...

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Don't worry our friends the light beings will disable their nuclear weapons again like they have done with the US. Love & Light xx

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   
N. Korea is like the bully in the playground. Always threatening the other kids, poking and pinching at every opportunity.

I'm convinced N, Korea has a death wish of some kind. They live under the impression they have some kind of global gang, that will back them up when they decide to poke the wrong kids.

I foresee N. Korea heading for a permanent time-out in the world playground....

Des

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   
This is nothing new, they do this every year, when I was stationed in Korea we would do these war games, 50% of them were done useing computers and the other was just deployment excersisses, same goes with the Navy and Airforce.

And yet every year North Korea stomps its little feet thinking someone will hear them and eventiually South Korea and Japan send them food.

North Korea has a huge shortage of food all the time, 90% of there Military are in the fields during planting and harvesting time, they don't use cars or trucks or tractors since they don't have a lot of fuel for these things they use the old horse and wagon,

Having been to the JSA area you can tell only there top enlisted men and officers are stationed there but everything else in that area is fake and no one lives there, they like to make it look like things are going great but then you see the truth during briefs on how bad that contry is off because of there un-willingness to become part of todays world.

Personally I think we should of kept our nukes in Korea.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I have been watching the Korean, peninsula, since I was a kid and my Father, was in the Army, I really hate Korea, actually because my dad was stationed there when I was a kid and did not get to see him for about 3-5 years actually, but that has nothing to do with politics..

considering we never arrived at a peace treaty with North Korea, we can go back to war at any moment, I do not think North Korea, would get allot of scorn from the World if they went back to war since as I said their was no treaties signed just a truce cease fire etc.

Also if they have nukes they will use them, in a conventional sense first air burst over regiments etc. Shoot at aircraft carriers etc.

There land terrain is designed by Nature and God for fortification so they can use mobile lance missiles or something similar to arm nuclear warhead launch and then hide back in the caves etc.

so ya they would use them...

I will say this once again, my opinion, growing up with captains, lieutenants, majors and a colonel and general here and there and lots of NCO's Korea, is going to go back to war, the question we do not know is when...
Maybe it will be this year... Pretty loud saber rattling there in that article..

edit on 23-2-2013 by Bicent76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   
All we need is an excuse and a few minutes, and North Korea is no longer a threat to anyone.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   
As soon as North Korea struck at any US forces, They themselves would face incredible firepower and they know it. North Korea is a third world nuclear power in my book, Whos people are starving and suppressed.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by chadderson

I couldn't agree more...and N.Korea are sitting on trillions of dollars worth of rare minerals which explains why they are constantly being pushed into aggression.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I am not going to underestimate Korea, we thought it would be a cake walk in the 50's as well..

MacArthur, wanted to use nukes on these primitive so Called North Koreans their will to fight will be high, they will not run...

I won't be quick to judge the North Koreans I will give them some respect when it comes to warriors...

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Yawn.
2nd

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by tadaman

i thought they threatened the us military, directly, before. am i wrong?

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by chadderson

Not for nothing man, but did you not read the article by N.korea? They seem to do their fair share of rhetoric and slander.

I am not saying that we dont, but god damn the news in N.korea is propagandist.

Just saying. S. Korea is not a "war monger" yet they are bitterly hated by the north and labeled as "imperialistic war mongers".

top topics

<<   2 >>

join