It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Galloway Storms Out On Israeli Student During Oxford University Debate (VIDEO)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   

George Galloway Storms Out On Israeli Student During Oxford University Debate (VIDEO)

www.huffington post.co.uk

George Galloway is being accused of anti-Semitism after he stormed out of an Oxford University debate, telling the student speaker: "I don't debate with Israelis."

The Respect MP was speaking at an event organised by Christ Church college in favour of the motion "Israel should withdraw immediately from the West Bank". Less than three minutes into his opponent Eylon Aslan-Levy's speech, Galloway interrupted, asking "You said we. Are you an Israeli?"

Third year student Aslan-Levy answered "I am, yes." Galloway promptly stood up and replied: "I don't debate with Israelis, I've
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I'd just like to share this news article that I found on the Huff Post. I like George Galloway but sometimes his actions are a bit bizarre. If anything, he is a master of his own publicity, if he had continued in the debate, it would have quietly been forgotton about, except by the people who attended.

But now, he has gotten himself a good few column inches. Who would have thought that an Israeli may have been part of the debate on the West Bank?

I used to like his late night phone in show on Talksport ( a UK radio station that has cancelled his show, unfortunately) but his views were becoming more extreme. He also had less and less time for people who disagreed with him and led to him just having a rant, rather than a discussion, pretty sad for someone who was very entertaining.

Anyway, the link includes a video of the short debate with one of the Worlds best egomaniacs.

www.huffington post.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I don't recognize Israel either. They were made from the outcome of world war 2. They continually screw over Palestinians by taking more and more of their land everyday. Their lobbyist have completely taken over american politics. screw em (their government).
edit on 21-2-2013 by Donahue because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Knobby

Galloway could possibly be likened to he who shall not be named, you know, that red faced texan berk who presents songs of praise and sang "walking in the air" before his nads dropped.
..he manages to say some pertinent things at times, which it's hard to disagree with, then does stupid stuff like this and pretends to be a kitten with some ginger bird off of minder.

it's a strange world we live in.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Donahue

Doubled. Israel is a terrorist state, a war crimes state, an infamous human rights violator state. Good for George, I would do the same. I give Israel's continued existence no credence because of their continuing occupation and invasion of Palestinian territory.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   

"I don't debate with Israelis."

Uggggggggggggghhhh, dont really want to start this debate, but that comment at face value is not anti-sematic.

It could be seen as anti-israel and perhaps their could be under tones of anti-sematism, but In my opinion people certainly jumped on him quickly to label him based on a phrase that does not seem to be anti-sematic.

edit on 21-2-2013 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by th3dudeabides

Just wait. After This last pope the roman vatican will fall. Then it will switch to Israel and then world war 3. Israel was all part of the plan. Read some Manly P. Hall books. It'll open your brain. I know this is irrelevant to the topic but this what will play out of israel.
edit on 21-2-2013 by Donahue because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
i recall a fair few times israeli delegates have walked out of international debates/conferences, due to their dislike for the views of others. so, that's life. boo hoo etc.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Donahue
I don't recognize Israel either. They were made from the outcome of world war 2.

no it wasn't.

They continually screw over Palestinians by taking more and more of their land everyday. Their lobbyist have completely taken over american politics. screw em (their government).

and the Arabs expelled almost an idntical nubmer of jews (NOT Israelis - they were all local citizens deliberately deprived of their citizenship for their religion) through out the 1940's-1970's as left the newly formed Israel in the aftermath of independance.

the Arabs made no effort to recompense Palestinians with teh seized property and belongings - instead their elite kept it for themselves.

If you are realy interested in justicethen why do you not ask why the seized Jewish property was not used to compensate teh dispossessed Palestinians?

The answer is that the Palestinians were DELIBERATELY forced into ramshackle "refugee camps" by the ARAB GOVERNMETNS solely for political reasons - initialy because they refused to recognise Israel and expectexd to wipe it out, and subsequently to put pressure on Israel to agree to destroy itself by readmitting millions of people who dfo not admit its right to exist.

The fate of the Palestinians is much more the responsibility of Arab govts than of Israel or the USA - that's not pro or anti-anyone - it is a factual analysis of why the Palestinians were kept in poverty and squalor for decades by their "host" governments, and what happened to the property of jews expelled from their conutries or ersidence.

edit on 21-2-2013 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Trying to call him a racist over this is ridiculous. Israeli is not a race, it is a nation. Jewish people were and are defined by their religion,not their genetic background. You could possibly call Jewish an ethnicity, but not a race. As for him not wanting to debate an Israeli, that is his choice. Many say that the Jews have a right to their homeland, yet they do not wnat ot give the land back to the Native Americans. It was wrong for Iraq to invade Kuwait just to gain more territory, but it was ok for the US to invade Mexico while it was entrenched in a civil war for the same reasons? There are some definite double standards being held here. I do not support the state of Israel, if the land was given to them by God, then why must the US shore up their military, let God do it.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Knobby

At first i didnt understand his motive for such an abrubt exit. But now i understand he is mounting an offensive againts the israeli's regime using their own tactics which is boycotting and refusing to recognize the entitiy known as israel being an independant state.

I personally respect his tactics and good on him for displaying such a powerful stance . Israel does the same thing everyday....boycotting palestine until they finally got recognized by the UN with observer status yet they still dont want to acknowledge this.

Furthermore is it ok for prominent western nations such as america to walk out of a United Nations assembly when Iran steps on the mic? remember when this happened?

Its the same thing but should carry a much bigger impact with people...yet it doesnt. They failed to recognize the nation of Iran at that assembly.....so Mr galloway will do the same thing with Israel...fight fire with fire.

Its his way of protesting.
edit on 21-2-2013 by ISeekTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

Well..when you take into consideration that most Israelis would not be considered Semites, and the majority of the power structure in Israel is composed of primarily Ashkenazi Jews, who are, by definition, not Semitic (they converted to Judaism in the days of Khazaria where noone could hold positions of power unless they were of Jewish faith.) Simply being Jewish or Israeli does not make someone a Semite. In order to be considered Semitic, a person must be of actual Jewish descent, rather than just religion. Semite refers to the descendents of Abraham, which converting to Judaism does not make you. There is Jewish faith and then there is Jewish ancestry, which are two different things. This is why it makes me chuckle when Netanyahu (an Ashkenazi) makes claims of anti-Semitism whenever his policies are questioned, considering that he, himself, is not a Semite
.Semitism is based on race and ancestry, not religion. Try telling that to the Israelis though. Something tells me either 1)Your words would fall on deaf ears, or 2) If you were unwise enough to mention anything of the sort inside Israel itself, you would be arrested and held without charge.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by MDDoxs

"I don't debate with Israelis."

Uggggggggggggghhhh, dont really want to start this debate, but that comment at face value is not anti-sematic.

It could be seen as anti-israel and perhaps their could be under tones of anti-sematism, but In my opinion people certainly jumped on him quickly to label him based on a phrase that does not seem to be anti-sematic.

edit on 21-2-2013 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

It is odd, Israel is a Nation, a Corporate Fiction in the same vein as Walmart, with no difference compared to existing corporate states that used to exist and those who still do. A Semite is a DNA distinction, that may or may not be connected to any one individual living in Israel or anywhere else. Judaism is a religion, which may or may not correspond with a Citizen of the corporate state of Israel, and or, the Semite DNA. Yet, it seems that the distinction was long ago swapped for a "you're for us or against us" and reduced has all three to a "na, na, na, na, you suck" bumper sticker solution to criticism of anyone who wants to claim one, two or all three connections. It seems the higher ground is to be forthright, the lowest ground is name calling, but maybe I have it all wrong.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Knobby

I'd just like to share this news article that I found on the Huff Post. I like George Galloway but sometimes his actions are a bit bizarre. If anything, he is a master of his own publicity,

Well, it's true to say he seeks publicity. He's a bit like Jordan and Peter Andre. But more self centered and less good looking.

Edit: in my opinion. Others may disagree. Others may also be sheeple. Or not ....

edit on 21-2-2013 by AndyMayhew because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by AndyMayhew

Originally posted by Knobby

I'd just like to share this news article that I found on the Huff Post. I like George Galloway but sometimes his actions are a bit bizarre. If anything, he is a master of his own publicity,

Well, it's true to say he seeks publicity. He's a bit like Jordan and Peter Andre. But more self centered and less good looking.

Edit: in my opinion. Others may disagree. Others may also be sheeple. Or not ....

edit on 21-2-2013 by AndyMayhew because: (no reason given)

One thing is for sure...

they all use the same brand of fake tan.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by RoScoLaz
i recall a fair few times israeli delegates have walked out of international debates/conferences, due to their dislike for the views of others. so, that's life. boo hoo etc.

Hey you stole my Avatar get your own !

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I like Galloway. And he's right. There simply is no point arguing with an Israeli. They will justify their actions no matter what, and when they can't find even a ludicrous justification, they stick their nose in the air and walk off.

Because they are Israeli means they have a god given right to treat everyone else like cattle.

When that is the sum total of the argument, there is no point in arguing.
edit on 21-2-2013 by threewisemonkeys because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ISeekTruth101

After reading your post, it does seem quite obvious as to what his tactics are.

Thank you for pointing out the bleeding obvious to me

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   
These are just my own opinions.

Galloway is a pretentious snob…he ranks right up there with Piers Morgan.

I wish both would stop converting my oxygen into carbon dioxide.

edit on 21-2-2013 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

No, he's like most working class Scotsmen that grew up in the slums of Dundee or Glasgow. We tend not to mince our words and persistently feel the need to bite our tongues so as not to offend those who take a verbal slapping across the face with a bit of truth, well like you seem to be. The man has conviction, and principals and yes, an attitude. Maybe if we had a few more of him and a few less Nick Cleggs oe Ed Balls (yawn) we might be in a better place

edit on 21-2-2013 by threewisemonkeys because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join