It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird shadows among other things In the kitchen and bedrooms

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Hey there,
I thought i should make this thread for my Dad as he has had alot of these "sorts" of experiences while he has been at home by himself as he is retired, so, My dad always sits in the living room watching t.v or on his laptop and sometimes he falls asleep so i don't know if he dreamt these things or not.

1.)He told me about when he fell asleep and when he woke he smelt a distinct smell of cinnamon(?) in the kitchen like something was baking but nothing was Baking and we don't use cinnamon for anything and his house doesn't generally smell like cinnamon.

2.) He claimed to have seen a shadow in my bedroom i used to sleep in when I lived with my dad, he said it was lingering near the window, there was no trees or anything like that since it was during the day.

3.) This dream may count as a paranormal type of thing, He told me about how he dreamt about the headless horseman (?) and he was trying to drag him into his carriage and I remember someone telling me if he visits you will die in your sleep but My mother woke him up because he was groaning or something like he was having a bad dream.

Tell me what you think, thanks
(These encounters are pretty much what my dad saw/dreamt)
edit on 20-2-2013 by LinneaCapri because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by LinneaCapri

Well to be honest I do not know what your father was experiencing, but what caught my attention is that word below your screen name, hence I will ask a question: Are you in any way involved?

edit on 20-2-2013 by zilebeliveunknown because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-2-2013 by zilebeliveunknown because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by zilebeliveunknown

Haha maybe

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
As with all paranormal incidents the best strategy is to first explore the rational. Is your Father suffering from any illness, or medical condition. Is your Father taking any medication, this is important as certain medications can cause visual/audio/olfactory disturbance, and can bring on vivid dreams/sleep disturbance.

There is also the emotional/psychological issue, what I mean by that is you gave the impression in your post that you no longer live with him, and the possibility that these symptoms are the manifestation of him missing having you around.

I am not suggesting that these happenings are not real, nor am I suggesting that there is anything wrong with your Father, rather I am advocating as I said above that it is best practice to rule these things out first.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by hotel1
As with all paranormal incidents the best strategy is to first explore the rational. Is your Father suffering from any illness, or medical condition. Is your Father taking any medication, this is important as certain medications can cause visual/audio/olfactory disturbance, and can bring on vivid dreams/sleep disturbance.

There is also the emotional/psychological issue, what I mean by that is you gave the impression in your post that you no longer live with him, and the possibility that these symptoms are the manifestation of him missing having you around.

I am not suggesting that these happenings are not real, nor am I suggesting that there is anything wrong with your Father, rather I am advocating as I said above that it is best practice to rule these things out first.

You are right, My father is on medication I'm not sure if it would disturb his sleep, and i visit him now and again nearly once every week so i doubt that he misses having me around, he is suffering from an injury/illness which he got in work and he wasn't able to work again after that (A disk in his back is pressing on a nerve and doctors cannot do anything about it) and he recently got a kidney opperation because he had stones in them. But i'm not sure if this would change anything

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by zilebeliveunknown

[snip]

I've seen tons of weird shadows in my house.
They really don't scare me as much anymore.

edit on 20-2-2013 by Casualboy100 because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-2-2013 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by LinneaCapri

LinneaCapri, This sort of things came into our lives out of the blue around 07 & went on to about 09 then suddenly stopped . We just ignored it & acted as if nothing was happening it was hard to do as curious as I was about it.

Another interesting thing about ours was it followed the same time line as a unusual time of high ufo sightings for me . It all ended at the same time . No harm no foul .
John

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
For about five years or so, whenever I was driving by myself,, the car would start to smell like cigarettes. I don't smoke, nor do I ever allow anyone to smoke in my car.

This always happened at night, too.

That was a used car, when I sold it the smell stopped. Often wondered if my car was haunted.

So I can relate to the smelling weird things. Does your dad know anyone who liked cinnamon or used it a lot?

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

Well before we moved into that house this old woman who loved animals and baking etc died in my dads bedroom, maybe its her i dont know.

new topics

top topics

join