It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fast-Growing Sunspot

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

I found it strange that they mentioned this on our TV news this morning, never see that and if it already moved away...why would they do that.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

That is strange. What did they say about it?

I have been looking for confirmation that it wouldn't be earth directed, yet still can't find anything that confirms either way.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Awesome find MamaJ. Let's hope when this thing starts belching out CMEs, they arent directed toward us. The Sun is a beautiful thing, it really is.

"I once stared at the Sun through a pair of binoculars for over an hour."~~Will Ferrell as Harry Carey.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ

I have been looking for confirmation that it wouldn't be earth directed, yet still can't find anything that confirms either way.

They actually just had the announcement running at the bottom of the screen saying a large sunspot was detected by such and such camera at NASA they announced it could cause a large CME and that the hole was as large as six earths or something like that, anyway it went by three times while I watched the news for a very short time, I didn't pay a lot of attention because i figured i would fine more news online.

I personally have not seen this type of announcement before.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   

I've not ever seen an announcement like that before either. It kind of concerns me.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
It may be north of Earth as the CME that did produce a CME was North of Earth but still glancing blow possible tomorrow for geomagnetic storm.

Thats what the video below says anyway.

On www.spaceweather.com... it looks like the Solar Wind and Protons are picking up. Well, I take that back.. it has slowed again. Hmmm.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Really surprised to say the least when I last commented on this thread the spot was almost directly earth facing moving off to the side. And with it's magnetic complexity I thought for sure we were gonna see a roar not a wimper but alas another, well developed spot fails to give us a show before it shoots over the limb.

Something needs to give real odd that it seems everytime they face us they get stage frieght then dip over the limb and set off fireworks on the backside.

Well I guess all thats left is whos next LoL 1675 only has a couple days left to grow and speak otherwise looks like back to quiet.

SaneThinking

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Something needs to give real odd that it seems everytime they face us they get stage frieght then dip over the limb and set off fireworks on the backside. Well I guess all thats left is whos next LoL 1675 only has a couple days left to grow and speak otherwise looks like back to quiet.
reply to post by SaneThinking

Yeah, 1678... what a let down. lol

I was hoping we would get a good show, but maybe next time. Maybe 1675 will be the entertainment we are looking for it to be, but I doubt it.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by IamAbeliever

I've not ever seen an announcement like that before either. It kind of concerns me.

Humm turned on the news just now and checked FOX it is running that same bottom info strip right now also, very strange if it is already moved on away from us.

Well about 1PM fox talked about it and said after sayint it was as large as 6 earths and could produce a CME

"NASA said it is currently growing"
edit on 21-2-2013 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Dollars for dimes this spot is gonna blast off as soon as it crests and its gonna be huge, all I ask is one decent (CME, flare), a clear night, and some night boarding on the locals, with some northern lights LoL (fingers crossed)

May be the eternal pipe dream living in Vancouver, city light and all but each time there is a significant spot I always hope for a show, even just a little snippet.

SaneThinking

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Ugh I am probably going to miss 1671/78 formation too cloudy and I have been sick!

Looks like a great one, reminds me I need to post the ones of have been taking. Funny I was just checking the other day and unless a formation starts to get as big as Jupiter I don't bother.

I am watching this "Remote" Viewing video but pretty much I think I would have better luck writing "Events" on pieces of paper and throwing darts at it!

But since the Russian meteor could not be identified I have to say it has an aroma Taurus de Poopoo

If it is the End of our world as we know it...I feel fine

edit on 21-2-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

Ha! I feel fine too. Really full actually. I cooked a mean supper.

The video of Ed Dames... eh... take it with a grain of salt but one thing is certain, if it comes true.. we will know it.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   

We are having a really weird beautiful bright pink and blue sunset, haven't seen one like it since can't remember when. Coast Ca North end of state. Wonder if it could be related to anything the sun is up to!

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Well, I am not sure.

It seems as though the threat keeps diminishing.

www.spaceweather.com... Is now showing a 40% chance on M flare and 10% for an X flare.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Well, I am not sure.

www.spaceweather.com... Is now showing a 40% chance on M flare and 10% for an X flare.

1671 / 78 grew quickly as it was turning away from earth and it is doubtful it will be much when it returns in 25 or so days. But the sun is at the peak of it's 11 year solar cycle so there will be more.

As far as the Kill-shot I have never seen enough evidence of this occurring in the geological record. So although I believe we are well over-due for a Carrington Event I do not think it will be as large as an extinction like event.

I do not put too much credence in Remote Viewing because let's be 100% clear here it is only relabeling psychic clairvoyance. The only distinction I can see is given enough information one could deduce the outcome of several scenarios with a 50% accuracy.

This is deductive reasoning or an educated guess and I believe some people are better at this then others. Add to this the vague predictions that people then interpret after the fact makes it seem real.

edit on 22-2-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Well, I am not sure.

Well at least i enjoyed a wonder of a sunset, to bad my camera was not available.

Good thing it is diminishing I don't have a basement!

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Well, it was Earth facing.... I finally have confirmation as it turns away from Earth.

Sunspot AR1678 is turning away from Earth, sharply decreasing the odds of a geoeffective eruption. Nevertheless, the sunspot still has a delta-class magnetic field that harbors energy for significant flares. NOAA forecasters estimate a 40% chance of M-class solar flares and a 10% chance of X-flares during the next 24 hour

Still same chance as it was yesterday but would not be Earth directed.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Yeah, the behavior of our Sun remains to be seen. We cannot predict it, not even with remote viewing.

This is supposed to be a very weak maximum, again, not predictable in my opinion.

I take it all with a grain of salt.

With that said, there are MANY prophecies and predictions that resemble the "kill shot". Will it happen? I have no idea. I am not stock piling anything as I am not worried about tomorrow, however it would be pretty interesting to witness such an event as the Carrington or Kill shot.

We are all destined to pass on from this life, why not go out with a bang, if you are going that is?

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Yeah, the behavior of our Sun remains to be seen. We cannot predict it, not even with remote viewing.

This is supposed to be a very weak maximum, again, not predictable in my opinion.

I take it all with a grain of salt.

With that said, there are MANY prophecies and predictions that resemble the "kill shot". Will it happen? I have no idea. I am not stock piling anything as I am not worried about tomorrow, however it would be pretty interesting to witness such an event as the Carrington or Kill shot.

We are all destined to pass on from this life, why not go out with a bang, if you are going that is?

I do not nor will I ever prepare for the "Kill Shot" why??? How deep is deep enough? How long will it last? All of this would be a complete and utter unknown and I refuse to live like that.

That said I do prepare for a Carrington event, as I know it is not a matter of if but when. I understand a lot about science, but I also realize that studying a star that has been around for 5 Billion years and giving estimations from observations of the past couple hundred is naive at best. I realize we also study other stars of the same size and supposed age of our sun but again from the stand point of a few decades. This the part of science I have to scoff at where they tell me there is nothing to worry about. LOL But still I do not think Humanity will be burned off the planet...

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I haven't seen many updates news wise today on this spot. Anyone have some good sources of current information on the status of this?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join