It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOD:SATAN:JESUS:WE:CHOICE:LIFE

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

So what you just said besides judging an intelligence infinitely greater than your own.

Which is precisely what the religious do. A man-made invention that pretends to understand infinite intelligence.

I do not believe any religious dogma represents the mind of God. I cannot judge God's mind because I have no thoughts of 'his' of which to judge. And neither do you.

Was if it does turn out the God of the Bible is God ? You'd rather go to hell ! Something tells me you're not being honest with yourself.

You misunderstand.

If the Biblical god turns out to be true it seems his heaven would be hellish. That's my point. Now if you haven't seen the moral atrocity that is the god in that Bible I doubt I could sway you in one thread. But since this thread is about 'heaven', if you'd like I can give further reason why I don't believe that god has the moral aptitude required to create this perfect heaven.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

Feel free to write and discuss everything realted with title of thread.
Including what u want to tell him,
im sure he knows
whats about.

Im to before long ago have denied this realisations from myself.
edit on 16-2-2013 by wwwchronos because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by wwwchronos

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy
reply to post by wwwchronos

Murgatroid believes everything outside of Christian canon is the work of Satan. Personally I see no reason to believe any of them have the fingers of the Creator in them. If there is a Heaven we havn't been given a blueprint from the divine on it. And IF the Christian canon does represent God, I very much wouldnt trust that god to make a heaven any good person would want to exist in.
edit on 16-2-2013 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

if outthere is such things, then,
jesus and satan works for god..
U are brought real question.
If we know by prooven fact that heaven exists. Then question is are u willing to go there and stay there, and be separated from earth and stuff nature etc here.

Or better one, Why the god requires faith. Or jesus and satan requires faith and will to faith.

I was before a real skeptic about religions. But then stuff about medugorje, and readed book, and how woman describes all. It got me question again all.

i am skeptical about the christian interpretation of the bible. people have grown up with the more or less standard exceptance that jesus is the way to god and jesus died for our sins etcetera. this is taught for centuries and just accepted as fact with variations amongst the various christian religions. however, i believe it is neccessary to study other beliefs such as hindu, sufi, bhuddist, islam and yoga philosophy to get an understanding of the golden thread that runs thru all religions.

and does heaven exist? how many people believe in an afterlife for the sole reason that they are afraid to be extinguished upon their death? does it really matter if we are just some whim of some god who got "bored" and decided to create some flock that must idolize him or rot in hell for eternity. are we just concerned that our ego will perish? the bible suggests that if we try to save our life we shall lose it. it sounds like "it" is demanding total surrender.
i think that all these theorys, postulations, assertions and denials are keeping us trapped in a squirrel cage of endless mental pursuit that is gratifying for the ego. thats why we dont stop. but then again, who exactly am I?

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by orangutang
i believe it is neccessary to study other beliefs such as hindu, sufi, bhuddist, islam and yoga philosophy to get an understanding of the golden thread that runs thru all religions.

False religions have ALSO been taught for centuries and accepted as fact.

Ask yourself this question: WHY do you believe them when they have been PROVEN to be lies?

Religion is a HUGE mind control tool designed to steer you AWAY from the truth.

The hidden agenda behind FALSE Religion is to destroy spirituality and cause people to hate God.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Murgatroid you can claim your non-religious religion has been proven true in all capital letters every day and it won't make it so. You claim absolute proof but only ever present the same thing over and over. Some allegedly indisputable probability based on one dude's interpretation of biblical prophecy.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   

do not believe any religious dogma represents the mind of God. I cannot judge God's mind because I have no thoughts of 'his' of which to judge. And neither do you.

You're wrong ? I can know of Gods thoughts and feelings. No not thru dogma. But it stands to reason that if you accept the idea, that human beings are not the ultimate intelligence, existence has to offer? Then that same intelligence, would be able to procure a message, to those who are interested enough to seek him. I know of no other document that qualifies as does The Holy Bible. God has provided away. Course he also left other options like making up your own crap all willy nilly as if you're the authority. Your own man made religion. See I believe in religion less than you.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

You're wrong ? I can know of Gods thoughts and feelings. No not thru dogma.

Fair enough, not through dogma. You claim experiential knowledge, direct revelation then. Are you a prophet?

And how much of this infinite intelligence do you understand? I imagine you're not claiming to know the totality of it? That would make you quite godly would it not?

But it stands to reason that if you accept the idea, that human beings are not the ultimate intelligence, existence has to offer?

The 'deist' in my avatar represents a belief.

Then that same intelligence, would be able to procure a message

If you wish to discuss this god under the working assumption that biblical god is true and so is the dogma I would be more than happy. This would then become a discussion about this god's (supposed) omnibenevolent nature among other things.

I know of no other document that qualifies as does The Holy Bible. God has provided away. Course he also left other options like making up your own crap all willy nilly as if you're the authority. Your own man made religion. See I believe in religion less than you.

Sure.
edit on 16-2-2013 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   

What do you mean sure ? I was just laying out my thought's on the subject in a nutshell. I'm not asking you to be convinced, or believe what I believe, or see things my way, or anything like that. I'm just laying it out and asking you this.

Am I retarded ?
edit on 16-2-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

What do you mean sure ?

It means I had no better reply for that last bit. Didn't seem to warrant one. You claim what you believe to be holy and what I believe to be crap. What should I have said?

I was just laying out my thought's on the subject in a nutshell.

Same

I'm not asking you to be convinced, or believe what I believe, or see things my way, or anything like that. I'm just laying it out and asking you this.

Same

Am I retarded ?

How should I know. I am not the one claiming direct revelation to another's mind.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Geoffrey Ogden DuPont put a bunch of ants on a chessboard. He explained the game to the ants, and when each of them made a wrong move, he smashed them.

Multiple choice question:

Geoffrey Ogden DuPont is:

1. Evil
2. Slightly insane
3. A freakin' psychopath
4. Loving
5. Forgiving
6. Merciful
7. Worth worshipping
8. None of the above because not only does Geoffrey Ogden DuPont not exist, but the whole premise of him is absurd.
edit on 2/16/2013 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

A regular being common in nature. From human/ant perception is mightier than regular ant/human.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Geoffrey Ogden DuPont put a bunch of ants on a chessboard. He explained the game to the ants, and when each of them made a wrong move, he smashed them.

Multiple choice question:

Geoffrey Ogden DuPont is:

1. Evil
2. Slightly insane
3. A freakin' psychopath
4. Loving
5. Forgiving
6. Merciful
7. Worth worshipping
8. None of the above because not only does Geoffrey Ogden DuPont not exist, but the whole premise of him is absurd.
edit on 2/16/2013 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

Except ants don't have a free will like we do to choose to sin and not to sin.
edit on 16-2-2013 by netgamer7k because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   

I am not the one claiming direct revelation to another's mind.

Exaggerated hyperbole such as this is typical of a closed mind and a conversation not worth having.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by netgamer7k

Well you can change the rules if you want. Instead of ants make them humans. Instead of Geoffrey make him god.

An omniscient god knowing full well what the inhabitants of Sodom and Gomorrah would do, obliterated the cities filled with children by raining sulfuric fire bombs upon them because the adults were not nice neighbours. Now answer Jiggerj's multiple choice.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Exaggerated hyperbole such as this is typical of a closed mind and a conversation not worth having.

You claim you know God's thoughts and feelings. You claim it's not through dogma. This implies direct revelation. I asked if you were a prophet because that's what it means by definition. Do you have faith in the dogma, or do you know the dogma is true because you are in direct communion with God? Which is it? Why are you shying away from a response. And giving simple replies like "am I retarded" and "you're full of crap".

Do you think you have conveyed a "conversation worth having"

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Well you can change the rules if you want. Instead of ants make them humans. Instead of Geoffrey make him god.

An omniscient god knowing full well what the inhabitants of Sodom and Gomorrah would do, obliterated the cities filled with children by raining sulfuric fire bombs upon them because the adults were not nice neighbours. Now answer Jiggerj's multiple choice.

If you would just read and study the Bible with a sincere heart, and remove all the passions for traditions of men, then God will reveal who He is through His Word...

You have a free will choice to continue with the ways of the world, or to seek God through His preserved Word, the King James Bible.

Sodom and Gomorrah and the inhabitants within chose to go after strange flesh. It was their free will choice. God honors free will. And since Sodom and Gomorrah and every inhabitant within (except for Lot and his company) were totally given over to wickedness, God destroyed both utterly to be an example to others so that others may fear God. And in Proverbs 9:10 it says, "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding."
edit on 17-2-2013 by netgamer7k because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   

If you would just read and study the Bible with a sincere heart, and remove all the passions for traditions of men, then God will reveal who He is through His Word...

...or to seek God through His preserved Word, the King James Bible.

Well now that is truly interesting to me.

God's preserved Word is a 400 year old translation.

So you're saying someone with a sincere heart shouldn't learn the actual Biblical languages and read the original texts or at least translations much closer to the time of Jesus? That seems very odd to me, I am genuinely asking. Or let me be more direct. Why if you are so sincere about it, have you not taking the time to learn the Biblical languages? If I truly in my heart believed the Bible was the Word of God I would frigging enroll in college ASAP and learn Aramaic, Greek, and Hebrew no questions asked!! Surely you understand modern translations are rife with mistranslations?

Sodom and Gomorrah and the inhabitants within chose to go after strange flesh. It was their free will choice. God honors free will.

And in this case he honoured it with fire and brimstone

And since Sodom and Gomorrah and every inhabitant within (except for Lot and his company) were totally given over to wickedness, God destroyed both utterly to be an example to others so that others may fear God.

Think of the children.

edit on 17-2-2013 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Geoffrey Ogden DuPont put a bunch of ants on a chessboard. He explained the game to the ants,

I think Geoffrey Ogden DuPont likes to assassinate ants.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Sodom and Gomorrah and the inhabitants within chose to go after strange flesh. It was their free will choice. God honors free will. And since Sodom and Gomorrah and every inhabitant within (except for Lot and his company) were totally given over to wickedness, God destroyed both utterly to be an example to others so that others may fear God. And in Proverbs 9:10 it says, "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding."

What is this strange double speak of free will and God honoring it with fire and brimstone so that "others may fear God."

We call that terrorism today! Or, just militant government control. Whatever it is, it isn't honoring any kind of free will.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by netgamer7k

You have a free will choice to continue with the ways of the world, or to seek God through His preserved Word, the King James Bible.

edit on 17-2-2013 by netgamer7k because: (no reason given)

well, i can assure you i studied the bible with a sincere heart. i really wanted to understand what it was on about. and god revealed to me thru my powers of discrimination that much of the traditional interpretation thats been around for centuries is flawed. probably to give power over people by the priestly class.
can you imagine a week old baby being totally given over to wickedness? a two year old? a five year old?

i could never comprehend a "holy book" ordering people to fear their loving god. i suggest you go back a few posts and meditate on the concept of an ego-manical god creator who knows ALL the future of his man-creation before he makes them and then destroys them for not towing the line. if evil exists then your god is responsible for it.
all this just illustrates that we really have little understanding of existence and grope for straws. we see a universe and imagine some anthropomorphic creator. we fill our heads with so many "-isms" and miss whats already heartfelt.
one could reduce the essential teaching in the bible to ;-
love one another as your self.
be still and know the truth.
surrender

all the rest is mental clutter.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join