It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paul was a murderer

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by backcase

What do you think your free ticket to heaven has given you? Pride. Enough pride to be okay with billions of people burning forever, enough to become complacent. My views don't give me pride, they humble me. Your belief has no room for being humble, humble people don't feel self-righteous because they think they're going to heaven and others aren't. Humble people care for everyone and aren't okay with anyone burning.

It sure is going to suck when a Christian mother has to live forever knowing that her atheist child is burning forever in hell. That doesn't seem like a perfect heaven to me.
edit on 16-2-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

The apostles appointed by Christ accepted as legitimate Paul's/Saul's conversion & position as an apostle. But anyway, if what you seem to be positing is true then he managed to dupe the apostles first & foremost.

Why go to the trouble?

He didn't benefit from converting in a material sense & experienced hardships associated with "the way" of that time. Just to plagiarize Christ, the figure Saul reviled & whose followers he persecuted? I mean even if you read the NT as fiction I'm uncertain what textual evidence justifies such a position (i.e. that Paul was acting or whatever).
edit on 16-2-2013 by Kovenov because: clarified

edit on 16-2-2013 by Kovenov because: typo

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   

"What do you think your free ticket to heaven has given you? Pride. Enough pride to be okay with billions of people burning forever, enough to become complacent. My views don't give me pride, they humble me."

Is it humble to judge me as sinful and yourself just? because that is exactly what you have done, seems like pride to me, you have virtue and sin confused.

"It sure is going to suck when a Christian mother has to live forever knowing that her atheist child is burning forever in hell."

The joy of Heaven takes every pain from a soul, there is no suffering in Heaven.

God will not give Heavenly riches to he who does not deserve it, and it is just to do so. But to deserve it you must want to deserve it.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by backcase

I haven't judged you as anything, it is you who has judged me. Did I ever say you weren't good enough to get to heaven? My belief system doesn't include a place like hell, so I have no reason to judge.

So you're telling me the mom would be perfectly happy about being separated from her child forever and knowing that she is suffering for eternity? What a narcissistic thing to say.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Kovenov

Compare Paul's epistles with the words of Jesus. They are so far apart from Jesus' words that its obvious in my eyes. Then again, I woke up to the lie, others can't and won't.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   

"What do you think your free ticket to heaven has given you? Pride. Enough pride to be okay with billions of people burning forever, enough to become complacent."

That is what you said, that is judging another man.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Moses was a murderer as well. One consistent theme throughout scripture is God redeeming and using people for His will that are the "outcasts " of society.

Paul wasnt an outcast untill he stoped killing christains and joined them.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
This is going to be a short post, but I think it will get some people thinking.... maybe.

Most Christians claim that Paul couldn't have been a fraud because his words seem inspired by the holy spirit. What most forget though, is that Paul rounded up followers of Jesus and killed them by the hundreds before his conversion and epistles.

Since Paul murdered followers of Jesus, wouldn't it be safe to assume that he would have also found teachings of Jesus among these followers that he killed? If he did, then wouldn't it be safe to assume that he could have plagiarized Jesus' words and called them his own in order to LOOK holy when he really wasn't?

What say you fellow ATS'ers?

How do you account for Paul becoming a wanted man? He was stoned and beaten and the subject of a plot to kill him.....by the folks he once worked for.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Not "shooting the messenger". Haha
Just asking if you were adding ANYTHING new to this train of thought that wasn't covered EXPLICITLY in your other thread that you JUST WROTE entitled something like, "Paul: Rome's Trojan Horse."

No offense intended. I mean, if picking fights is your thing, I dig it. Hell, I like to instigate stuff too! But without tooting my own horn, let's just say I don't have a screen name proclaiming that I am "enlightened."

Get what I am getting at?

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

You mean the stoning that conveniently left him unharmed? What about the time he was almost killed but the Roman guards came and saved him?

Also, why did Luke spend all that time gathering information on Paul's journeys and trial only to leave us guessing at what the outcome of the trial was? Seems kind of counter-productive to me.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

Sure, I know what you're getting at I think. Is it that you know absolutely nothing about me other than what I post on this forum? And that it's pretty stupid to assume stuff about people you know nothing about? Yeah, I think that's about right.

You know nothing about me, so please don't assume to know my intentions behind my posts. If you like to instigate people because you ASSUME they're instigating others, then more power to you. But make sure you know what you're talking about before you are proven wrong like here. If you have nothing to add to the discussion then by all means leave.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Fair enough on belief. For that matter I've no axe to grind on the topics of religious belief. That said I'm going to need more than a general reply that a comparison of Paul's epistles with the synoptics demonstrates a discontinuity or something. By "more than a generel reply" I mean I need to know the books, chapters & verses you think support your position, otherwise my best tool for analyzing your position is pretty much reduced to what I think you might think. And I suppose you could respond "Well you either see it or you don't" (I'm guessing here what I think you may think!), but I would interpret a response like that as a cop-out.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Kovenov

While I'm not going to list the differences verse by verse, I will give you this link. It covers it pretty well in my opinion.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Thank you!

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemonkeydishwasher

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Moses was a murderer as well. One consistent theme throughout scripture is God redeeming and using people for His will that are the "outcasts " of society.

Moses didn't exist. Why do you continue to perpetuate intellectually oppressive philosophies? They are outdated, and the crimes they are associated with are heinous.

You are running out of warnings.

Warnings?? Lol, is that like a threat? And Moses did exist, he authored 99% of the Torah. But I don't need Moses to make the same point. Scratch Moses' name and insert David's.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   
"In him was life, and that life was the light of men. The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it" (John 1:4-5.)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Oh man. Terms like "stupid"?
I asked a question. Nothing more. I said IF you are trying to instigate.

Yeah, "enlightened" for sure...
I will do as you suggested and take my leave now.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

You know what you were doing, don't play the victim. You know what I'm getting at? Oh yeah, Go Dawgs!

I never said you were stupid, just that assuming is, especially if you're wrong. No hard feelings friend.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by cuopar

In me is life, and my life is the light of man (me). Except, I comprehend the light, others can't see what's literally right in front of them and in them.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Hmm. I'm going to actually have to delve into this more deeply if I'm going to understand this better.

Time for a dose of my own medicine, eh?

I'll try to have a reply NLT this time next week (i.e. I won't cop-out either).

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join